Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

Sounds like “we’ve played ourselves in to trouble” a few times.

We’re very reliant on Taylor breaking today.

I know Hortin commentaries can be misleading but it does sound like we keep trying to shoot ourselves in the foot with some sloppy play when we have the ball.

Sounds like we have got out of jail a bit and on that basis I'm grabbing that at half time with both hands.

Can we 'only play better' second half - hope so, and will have to in order to keep it in our own hands. Perhaps a crap first half is what was needed for Skubala to really get stuck into the team, remind them what is at stake and get them out really fired up and functioning.

Skubala having a fit at Jensen half way through the second half, telling him to pump it long. Jensen asking which side he needs to kick it...

We've looked incredibly ponderous on the ball at the back and Mandriou is having a shocker

Take a bow Joe Taylor :clap: sensational run and finish in the next phase.

Other than that we’ve been very poor, Mandriou having an absolute mare. Hopefully a few tweaks by MS at HT and swapping the ineffective Draper for Makama.

Maybe Makama on for Draper. He has been pretty poor. And less long balls too!

Come on imps!

HT. Not a very inspiring first half for the Imps. They seemed to be half-hearted at times and slow to attack the ball. The passing has been woeful at times. I’m going to put it down to nerves. At least Taylor has produced the goods with a beautiful finish with his left foot. I really hope MS and the coaches get into the players to gee them up as the Cheltenham defence is there to be played through. Think Mandriou needs to be a bit further forward- he’s a liability at the back. Freddie doesn’t seem to be on his game - maybe give Jovon a run at 60 mins. Hopefully better second half 🤞🤞

Mandroiu poor first half, what was he thinking with the challenge in the penalty area ? Seem to be giving the ball away to much particularly in the middle of the park and not winning any of the headers in the CT box.

Great run and well deserved goal for Taylor. Need to keep 27 Thomas quite in the second half. We seemed to look better the more House got into the game.

Last edited:
Blackpool the big winners (so far) from this weekend. Come on Imps let's turn that around and make Oxford the big losers.