Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City

a) Call me crazy if you like but I can see a significant turn around of players in January. The majority of which is beyond our control.

b) Compared to our rivals our squad is thin and lacking depth.

c) What is refreshing about the Crowley’s is that they are not afraid to change things round.

a) The majority is beyond our control? Rubbish.

b) Rubbish.

c) The Crowley's? Factually and grammatically inaccurate. Shows how closely you are following things.

I know others will disagree, but CM was the second best manager in our non league tenure in my opinion, certainly when it comes to player recriitment.

I agree!
Chris Moyses kept this club going and turned it around on the pitch (and took no salary for it, putting cash INTO the club instead).
He also signed a lot of the players that won us the title. So his judgement on players was pretty damn good. Probably where he fell short was using those players in the best way.
And that is where Danny and Nicky came in. Kept the good players, added some more and brought in excellent tactics and methodology.

a) The majority is beyond our control? Rubbish.

b) Rubbish.

c) The Crowley's? Factually and grammatically inaccurate. Shows how closely you are following things.

I think you are taking things a bit far here.

Have I ever called anyone on here’s post rubbish - no. Who cares about the spell checker auto correct.

I think you have showed yourself up there. I can perhaps see why the other sites are critical of some on here.

How dare I have a different opinion to you I am so sorry. It will not happen again I bow down to you as a superior human being.

The majority of the transfer dealings are out of our control as we are a 4th division football team we are bottom feeders. Raggett, Robinson, waterfall, Woodyard, Green leaving is testimont to that.

Our league record in the 2018 calendar year: P45 W23 D13 L9 F75 A51 Pts82

So, automatic promotion form since 1 January 2018 despite losing the first game at Luton.

The majority of the transfer dealings are out of our control as we are a 4th division football team we are bottom feeders. Raggett, Robinson, waterfall, Woodyard, Green leaving is testimont to that.

No offence intended.

Green went down a division; secondly, we didn't have to let him leave.

We may receive bids for Anderson and Andrade = two players; how does that mean we are not in control of the majority?

No offence intended.

We may receive bids for Anderson and Andrade = two players; how does that mean we are not in control of the majority?

Thank you.

I just can’t see us being able to stop in terms of player development, player good will and financial reward to turn down big bids.

The loan players can be recalled and we cannot prevent it unfortunately.

I fear we may be a Shrewsbury sell our best players and then struggle.

No offence intended.

I guess it depends on what is in their contracts now. Robinson, Raggett, Waterfall and Woodyard gave us no choice due to release clauses.....hopefully we don't have too many players now in that boat. It's only really Green we have any choice in, and if the rumoured fee is accurately then it was really too good to turn down.

I don't think Bristol's comments are too far from the mark.

There's a reason that Luque, Crookes, Mensah, Wilson, Gordon and Slocombe (although difficult as a third 'keeper) have had little game time since being here.

Thank you.

I just can’t see us being able to stop in terms of player development, player good will and financial reward to turn down big bids.

The loan players can be recalled and we cannot prevent it unfortunately.

I fear we may be a Shrewsbury sell our best players and then struggle.
The most important point is that we do not have to sell anyone if we choose not to. Players will only be sold because it makes good business sense to do so. Danny has always said that every player has a price, and he has done very well so far in replacing players lost. He lost Waterfall unexpectedly at the end of the summer transfer window but immediately brought in Shackell, who is a better player in my opinion than Waterfall.

I guess it depends on what is in their contracts now. Robinson, Raggett, Waterfall and Woodyard gave us no choice due to release clauses.....hopefully we don't have too many players now in that boat. It's only really Green we have any choice in, and if the rumoured fee is accurately then it was really too good to turn down.
Danny said the release clauses were a legacy of our National League days; therefore we have to believe we are no longer in that position, although Harry Anderson may be an interesting one.

I don't think Bristol's comments are too far from the mark.

There's a reason that Luque, Crookes, Mensah, Wilson, Gordon and Slocombe (although difficult as a third 'keeper) have had little game time since being here.
Because we’re buildinng a first team for League One and can’t afford a squad full of L1 players?

I agree!
Chris Moyses kept this club going and turned it around on the pitch (and took no salary for it, putting cash INTO the club instead).
He also signed a lot of the players that won us the title. So his judgement on players was pretty damn good. Probably where he fell short was using those players in the best way.
And that is where Danny and Nicky came in. Kept the good players, added some more and brought in excellent tactics and methodology.
I fully agree with this!

I thought Akinde was booked first half for leaving one on their keeper?

This is the BBC text version -

39'
Delay in match David Forde (Cambridge United) because of an injury.
Booking
Posted at39'
John Akinde (Lincoln City) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.