Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

That was simply unacceptable garbage.
Feel sorry for all those who have wasted good money watching that rubbish.

What did we have, 2 attempts at goal all game?...pathetic.

We didn't string more than two passes together, didn't put a decent tackle in all game and looked just as bad when we went two up front and changed the formation.

We desperately need to bring at least one forward in because we are toothless.
House will run around and close people down all day and Hopper will stick his arse out, fall over and get you a few free kicks but neither of them will score enough goals to get you anywhere near the playoffs.

Depends what our boards ambition is really.
Chug along with what we've got going nowhere fast and eventually heading back to where many believe our natural level is,...division 4, or actually getting the cheque book out and buying some quality in because if your happy waiting for us to develop all these superstars that we're going to sell for a lot of money your going to be waiting a very long time.

Bad result and sounds like a poor performance today.

Doesn’t sound like the defence covered themselves in glory today. Too many games are going by where we are too weak going forward. Sounds like today was the undesirable combination of both - our inconsistency continues. There’s a good team in there, you just never sure when it will turn up.

Hard not to feel sorry for the fans that went today.

Last edited:
It’s a game for all of us to forget Jules. Just look forward to the next game, thankfully only a few days away. And don’t take it too hard. I look forward to the games as much as you and know with this team there will be good days and bad days.

It’s a game for all of us to forget Jules. Just look forward to the next game, thankfully only a few days away. And don’t take it too hard. I look forward to the games as much as you and know with this team there will be good days and bad days.

The result of this match isn't the reason for the way I currently feel.

Both 45 minutes were dire. First shot on goal for City 62 minute ? when City fans chanted we've had a shot !

I think Mapp left people out of the team for a reason and nothing has changed IMO. If the model expects to get money from the players that remain then we could be waiting sometime, notwithstanding Poole.

We were outplayed, out fought, with no plan. Where as Burton had a lot more and deserve the win. Mixed up their set pieces and as I say, had a plan and it worked.

We need to learns lessons on and off the field. Look forward to the next round of recruitment !

Both 45 minutes were dire. First shot on goal for City 62 minute ? when City fans chanted we've had a shot !

I think Mapp left people out of the team for a reason and nothing has changed IMO. If the model expects to get money from the players that remain then we could be waiting sometime, notwithstanding Poole.

We were outplayed, out fought, with no plan. Where as Burton had a lot more and deserve the win. Mixed up their set pieces and as I say, had a plan and it worked.

We need to learns lessons on and off the field. Look forward to the next round of recruitment !

odd because it’s a contrast to Southampton. Good job the season is 46 games long!

Awful result. Relegation zone comes closer and closer.
Since we had that two weeks break MK managed to get only one point after extremely boring draw with Wycombe.
Very very poor form....

Got daughter and grandkids around for our traditional boxing day bubble and squeak from Xmas day leftovers. So I haven't had to suffer like the majority of you on this thread. Only picked up the odd score when I have been able to sneak a look.
Having now read the thread it is obvious to me we stunk the place out at Burton !
I was lucky enough to go to the Southampton game where we gave a superb all round team performance in defence ,midfield and attack. I kidded myself we could push on now up the league.
How wrong could I be we are so inconsistent or are we?
We seem consistently shit against any team near the bottom of the league.
I hope MK can find the answer to this because the gap is now only 6 points to the bottom 4 which seems uncomfortably close. So I have gone in the space of a week from thinking we could possibly get near to the playoffs to worrying about relegation. But that's normal for us Imps supporters.

Basically we are adept at setting up with a low block to frustrate tippy tappy, physically weaker sides. We can keep shape, discipline and look to maximise our limited counter attacking opportunities.

Unfortunately a lot of L1 opponents do not fit that bill. We are a work in progress against teams that get in our face, put the ball in the box and look to bully us.

I thought we had maybe turned a corner after Wycombe so far as such opponents are concerned, but after today maybe that was an outlier. Today was inexplicably bad and to get to the root causes maybe requires being on the inside. However I do know if you don't compete from the first minute to the last then it is very easy to lose games of professional football. I think they call it doing the basics.

Physically stronger players and/or more bodies in midfield, genuine wing backs and better quality to impose our own game when in possession are required if we are to get to grips with the more physical sides.

Let’s just hope the other City turns up against Bolton and Ipswich. The one that played today was utter dog 💩. That coupled with Hortins horrendous excuse for commentary made it a thoroughly miserable couple of hours.
Cant even be arsed to have any drink after that. Nice cup of tea it is for me. UTI.