Match Thread: Bristol City v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bristol City v Lincoln City

Round 4 scheduled for week commencing 19th December.
Some of the big boys might only get their better players back 2/3 days before then

according to that link 22k earned some far.

I read it as we’ve now earned £15k instead of £10k.

think the amounts that the club receives for reaching that round.

edit. I’ve re-read and think you’re right. The number of teams that received the prize money towards the top threw me.

Surely has to qualify as the funniest few days ever watching Lincoln - if nothing else to see all our fans desperately backpedaling from Saturday nights FUME (me included)

I certainly won't be back pedaling from Saturday. It was an horrendous performance and result and one that will never be forgotten.

Tonight underlines the the inconsistency of the team.

On Saturday we showed how bad we can be, tonight showed that when it clicks we look a decent side....and we didn't even play our best team tonight.

Round 4 scheduled for week commencing 19th December.
Some of the big boys might only get their better players back 2/3 days before then
Interesting - you'd expect the attendances to be up a bit given the lack of live (in person) football before due to the WC.

I certainly won't be back pedaling from Saturday. It was an horrendous performance and result and one that will never be forgotten.

Tonight underlines the the inconsistency of the team.

On Saturday we showed how bad we can be, tonight showed that when it clicks we look a decent side....and we didn't even play our best team tonight.

this is league one. If the players were consistent they would be in the championship. We beat a slightly troubled Bristol city team who are flirting with relegation who played a lot of fringe. Great reaction from Saturday

Had to double check the result this morning thought I had dreamt it Gillingham at home in the next round please we have reached the quarter finals of the FA Cup why not the League Cup as well.

UTMI

Excellent result. well done to the team and MK. Totally shocked To be honest. Let’s hope we can have a few of these performances in front of the home fans going forward.

Get in!!!!!!

Come on you Imps let's have our second and third goals!!!!!!©

And come on you fans, let's put aside any personal misgivings about team choice, tactics, perceived effort or negativity - let's get behind these boys and support them, urge them on.

Let's be able to say we urged them on - and they did it!!!

Come on you Imps!!!!!!©
They're coming Barney!

They won't play them anyway. This cup is like the county cup to us!

Or even the FA Cup to us.

Never expected that, brilliant result. Partial redemption for Saturday’s debacle and the gloom is lifted…for now. It seemed like the handbrake was released and the shackles loosened and we actually played forward.

Last night we played 5 at the back
Last night we played with 2 CDMs
Last night we played a formation some claim is awful and negative (the ones who really don't understand football)
Last night we played with players some claim are not good enough to play at L1 level
Last night we played with two wing backs one of who was out of position
Last night we didn't have a single corner all game

Remember Hopper from earlier in the season- never too high when we win, never too low when we lose.

There is nothing wrong with being frustrated and disappointed with Saturday's result. But the huge over reaction from some was embarrassing. Sometimes games don't go according to plan- it happens, get over it. We move on to the next game.

The ONLY difference between Saturday and last night?

Same formation, same approach, same game plan, same squad, same manager, same ethos.

We just had purpose to our possession- nothing else. We made our possession work for us not against us.

There had been no b*llocking from the manager after Saturday (not MKs style) nor did he see last night as a chance "to put things right". He is as good as manager as could want at the club.

Last night was a great result from a good squad- Saturday could be a poor result from a good squad. Never too high, never too low.