Match Thread: Bristol City v Lincoln City | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bristol City v Lincoln City

Exactly. We can be annoyed if they make mistakes, but should never be surprised.

indeed that’s why Chippenham lost tonight - the are very good level semi pro capable of results like Saturday but can also see a defeat from a 2 nil up. I can remember the papa jones before its current structure had national league teams in it. If memory serves about 20 years ago we played Southport. They played excellent football but in the end our fitness came through. On pure footballing merit they were better then us.

If we are looking at the next round we could do with premiership away share if full house gate receipts and tv fee!

Only two designated TV games so out of the 16 ties we could do with a plumb one to get extra televised money. Watch it be Burnley or Bournemouth away.

Apparently MKs favourite film is Jekyll and Hyde.
Be interested to know the thoughts of any fans who attended both games against Chippenham and Bristol City.
A great strike from Virtue is that the first goal we have scored this season from outside the box? That is something we have been lacking we don't seem to take on any opportunities of shooting from distance or if we have I don't think any have troubled the opposition.
The other positive for me is Jackson. He seems to have overcome his concussion problems of last season. When he plays we are so much stronger at the back I think he is somewhat underrated at times.

Great strike from Virtue. House did well harrassing for the second and we managed to bundle the third in, but you would not be very happy with the second two if of a Bristol City persuasion (oh well)! Really good result and fingers crossed for a decent draw.

I know last night they were talking about there not being an obvious reason for how we go from games like Saturday to winning away at a Championship side but it feels to me like one of the reasons is a similar problem we've had over the last couple of seasons; it's much easier to set up a team to try and frustrate and have space at the other end of the pitch when the other team commits bodies forward than it is to set up a team that is going to dominate the ball and take the game to the opposition. Even the top Premier League teams often struggle against teams sitting in and they have a lot more firepower.

In some ways, that doesn't feel much different to the Appleton era to me.

Some were very upset, others more gracious on the OTIB forum. Worth a look if you want a smile.
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/t...carabao-cup-third-round-match-thread/page/28/

“We've been turned over at home by a team that lost to Chippenham a few days ago. Fairly obvious many will be upset.”

“Took some balls to come back from Saturday's loss to Chippenham. And as bad as we were, you were excellent on the night. A cracking strike for the first, defended well and as a team. But mainly, none of the cynical time-wasting, injury feining bollocks we witnessed with Shef Utd the week before. Enjoy your win, hope you get a good draw. You deserve it. Well played, Lincoln.”

this is league one. If the players were consistent they would be in the championship. We beat a slightly troubled Bristol city team who are flirting with relegation who played a lot of fringe. Great reaction from Saturday

What you mean consistant like Bristols Championship players.

The boos from the home fans told you what they thought of their teams performance last night, they thought as we did on Saturday that they should be beating a team from a league below them and in our case 3 leagues below.

As I have previously said these results do happen, it's part of the game and when your the slayer and not the team being slayed then that obviously feels a lot better.

Saturdays result can never be rectified and will go down in our dark history and will be brought up just as Whitehawk, Emly and Carshalton are and they will be probably showing clips of their goal when the BBC start publicising next seasons competition.

This Bristol result by then will be long forgotten. It was a brilliant result and an excellent team performance and you can't say any other but it won't live long in the memory but it was exactly the reaction we needed from all concerned at the club and does show that we do have those kind of performances in us, as we have done in other games this season.

Inconsistency is the bain of all managers at all levels, it's not just privy to us.

I always give my opinion on a game by game basis, Saturday was poor and a embarrassing result and last night was an exellent display and a brilliant result.

Thing is in football your only as good as your last game.

We move on to Plymouth on Saturday.

What you mean consistant like Bristols Championship players.

The boos from the home fans told you what they thought of their teams performance last night, they thought as we did on Saturday that they should be beating a team from a league below them and in our case 3 leagues below.

As I have previously said these results do happen, it's part of the game and when your the slayer and not the team being slayed then that obviously feels a lot better.

Saturdays result can never be rectified and will go down in our dark history and will be brought up just as Whitehawk, Emly and Carshalton are and they will be probably showing clips of their goal when the BBC start publicising next seasons competition.

This Bristol result by then will be long forgotten. It was a brilliant result and an excellent team performance and you can't say any other but it won't live long in the memory but it was exactly the reaction we needed from all concerned at the club and does show that we do have those kind of performances in us, as we have done in other games this season.

Inconsistency is the bain of all managers at all levels, it's not just privy to us.

I always give my opinion on a game by game basis, Saturday was poor and a embarrassing result and last night was an exellent display and a brilliant result.

Thing is in football your only as good as your last game.

We move on to Plymouth on Saturday.

I agree to an extent - to quote someone I know who is a fan he described their team as some crap, some returning from injury, some thought they wouldn't have to try.

But I think you are over playing the Chippenham Match. I would say the day WW1 started was a dark day - I would say to lose a football match to a team below you in the football pyramid is an annoyance and embarrassment but you then realise life is too short to give a stuff and you move on.

I agree to an extent - to quote someone I know who is a fan he described their team as some crap, some returning from injury, some thought they wouldn't have to try.

But I think you are over playing the Chippenham Match. I would say the day WW1 started was a dark day - I would say to lose a football match to a team below you in the football pyramid is an annoyance and embarrassment but you then realise life is too short to give a stuff and you move on.

Yeah I meant dark days in football terms not in world history.

I guess we all react differently to results and I tend to carry things on when I should let them go, and i know they do, but results like Saturday shouldn't happen, not to your team anyway😀.

Well I have to say I was thoroughly disheartened and embarrassed by the defeat on Saturday and said so on the match thread describing it as a disgrace. What made it more desperate was that I think MK has done okay so far and said so.

The last thing I put was they had better put on a better display on Tuesday as that shows the character of the team to come back from disappointment and an overall poor performance.

Well we certainly got it and I take my hat off to the players. We are definitely Jekyll and Hyde that's for sure but I think my belief in MK seems well founded.

So on to Saturday will it be Jekyll or Hyde that turns up! Hopefully the former as that side of our team needs to be more on show at Sincil Bank. I think those of us who travel away have certainly seen more positive than those who just watch home matches but after a long time of not winning much at home that needs to start tunring soon before too many fans start to vote with their feet.

If you had a choice before Saturday of taking these two cup results, would you? I think I would.. even if we'd won on Saturday chances are we would get a horrible R2 draw. Here we have a very good chance of really good R4 draw. I think MK Dons would be good.

If you had a choice before Saturday of taking these two cup results, would you? I think I would.. even if we'd won on Saturday chances are we would get a horrible R2 draw. Here we have a very good chance of really good R4 draw. I think MK Dons would be good.

There is plenty more to win, money wise, in the FA cup, it is also a lot more prestigious (and my favorite :) )competition and finally losing to Chippenham is very depressing and disheartening experience so I don't know really.

But I got your points. Good draw now please..