Match Thread - Brighton Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Brighton Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Us ,I would not get rid of the players,I'd get rid of that horrible bastard Mourinho. He's destroying us.. what the fuck was Levy thinking.

Vinni, true...but you and I both know we have a group of dead wood that NEEDS to go if we are ever to get better...

Agree on Jose...time to move on...his utter lack of adaptability and simple tactical ineptitude is appalling.

Another frustrating thing for me was I thought, despite his mistake for the goal, Rodon had a really good game against Liverpool so I was glad Jose stood by him and said he'd start vs Brighton.

Then he played him as the LCB. Mourinho needed to give the lad a confidence boost and he decided to play him on the wrong side so he was more likely to get caught out because of not feeling confident enough to use his left foot.

Like people in football say, the details in football make all the difference.

José said after the match...

“In the first half I felt the team was probably too sad with the goal conceded and the situation. There was a lack of energy.

“In the last 25, 30 minutes they gave everything but of course with some limitations. We couldn’t score but at the same time gave them the chance to counter-attack.

“The boys showed great spirit in the second half and the boys showed they are suffering and they tried to fight against that sadness.

“They tried, so I have nothing negative to say about them. I leave the game with a good feeling about my boys because they tried hard in the second half.

“We tried everything but they defended everything, brought on another centre-back, and it was not possible for us to score.”

There you go, we apparently lost because we were sad.

All this really meant is; "I now know my management, my tactics, my game approach, my behaviour to certain squad members means I know I've lost their support and I've run out of players I can hang out to dry and put the blame on, Oh Shit - I now know that I've been found out, fcuk knows what I am going to tell Levy at the Tuesday meeting, Oh, and will I have a job by the end of the week?! Now where's my deaf, dumb and blind mates in the media gone?"...

Last edited:
Well , what a shower of shit that was .
Surely he could see Bale wasn’t giving anything ,even after fifteen minutes .
The three at the back “situation”( seems to be the in word ) ... what was that all about ? Somebody forgot to tell Davies he had a job to do , apart from bombing forward .
Sissoko is not a right back .
Tanganga was playing out of his skin there when Jose first arrived .
Why was tanga on the bench , he may as well have been on the beach .
With Bale .
The pitch looked too big for our style of play , we couldn’t get near each other !
If this is the best the so called manager can do .

I thought I had calmed down after watching it last night , which is why I’ve waited until now , but I’ve just wound myself up again and started to ramble on , and on .
It was a shit performance , A crap team selection again , poor poor tactics , compounded by a valiant effort by a side that will be facing relegation soon , who were allowed to carry out some of the worse tackles ive seen , raking down the back of the ankle tackles , treading on foot tackles , elbow in faces tackles , by a very poor referee .
Anyone see Lamela racing back at the end to make a last ditch tackle , a good tackle as well , even though the player was offside , but the Lino ridiculously doesn’t flag for it until a quarter of an hour after the the situation , what is this game all about .
See ,,, I’m rambling again , i am so angry .
I’ve had it with football , I think . .... at least the type of football we play !
I think Jose has as well .

All this really meant is; "I now know my management, my tactics, my game approach, my behaviour to certain squad members means I know I've lost their support and I've run out of players I can hang out to dry and put the blame on, Oh Shit - I now know that I've been found out, fcuk knows what I am going to tell Levy at the Tuesday meeting, Oh, and will I have a job by the end of the week?! Now where's my deaf, dumb and blind mates in the media gone?"...
haha excellent and possibly true version there EX.

Well , what a shower of shit that was .
Surely he could see Bale wasn’t giving anything ,even after fifteen minutes .
The three at the back “situation”( seems to be the in word ) ... what was that all about ? Somebody forgot to tell Davies he had a job to do , apart from bombing forward .
Sissoko is not a right back .
Tanganga was playing out of his skin there when Jose first arrived .
Why was tanga on the bench , he may as well have been on the beach .
With Bale .
The pitch looked too big for our style of play , we couldn’t get near each other !
If this is the best the so called manager can do .

I thought I had calmed down after watching it last night , which is why I’ve waited until now , but I’ve just wound myself up again and started to ramble on , and on .
It was a shit performance , A crap team selection again , poor poor tactics , compounded by a valiant effort by a side that will be facing relegation soon , who were allowed to carry out some of the worse tackles ive seen , raking down the back of the ankle tackles , treading on foot tackles , elbow in faces tackles , by a very poor referee .
Anyone see Lamela racing back at the end to make a last ditch tackle , a good tackle as well , even though the player was offside , but the Lino ridiculously doesn’t flag for it until a quarter of an hour after the the situation , what is this game all about .
See ,,, I’m rambling again , i am so angry .
I’ve had it with football , I think . .... at least the type of football we play !
I think Jose has as well .
Walt 110% agreement there, esp regards Lamela's last ditch tackle, not flagging and waiting is a load of bloody crap, someone will get seriously hurt one day as could have happened last night, then they might change it back to how it was, but I am not holding my breath.

Walt 110% agreement there, esp regards Lamela's last ditch tackle, not flagging and waiting is a load of bloody crap, someone will get seriously hurt one day as could have happened last night, then they might change it back to how it was, but I am not holding my breath.

The other thing that keeps on happening is that offside is not given, then the ball remains in possession of the attacking side. It's only when it is a goalscoring incident that it is brought back and a free kick given to the defensive side. Teams are now winning corners a few seconds after an offside isn't given as an example.

The other thing that keeps on happening is that offside is not given, then the ball remains in possession of the attacking side. It's only when it is a goalscoring incident that it is brought back and a free kick given to the defensive side. Teams are now winning corners a few seconds after an offside isn't given as an example.
Great point Mutters , a great way to gain an advantage illegally .
would VAR step in if a goal was scored from a corner gained from being offside .
The game has gone mad .
Anyone know what handball is anymore , but I’m digressing ,,,,, again .
I’m still angry .
I can’t even do the Predictor yet

I could understand why Jose would lose the players. But who out of those that played has he lost ? I have thought about each one and cant accuse them of it.
There are a few who are either not good enough or fit enough perhaps, but not lost.

Lloris, Sissoko, Toby, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Son , Lamela, Moura and Vinnie I cannot accept are lost.

Bale is either finished or not fit.
Davies is not good enough.
Sanchez ditto
Rodon is a kid, learning.

I could understand why Jose would lose the players. But who out of those that played has he lost ? I have thought about each one and cant accuse them of it.
There are a few who are either not good enough or fit enough perhaps, but not lost.

Lloris, Sissoko, Toby, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Son , Lamela, Moura and Vinnie I cannot accept are lost.

Bale is either finished or not fit.
Davies is not good enough.
Sanchez ditto
Rodon is a kid, learning.
There's more than one way of analysing ''losing the players'.

Some go through motions and don't rise to the challenge because not happy with the regime and the instructions being relayed to them.

Some will try their best (under constrained instructions), just to preserve their careers.

Some despite holding their angst will show in their demeanour.

Primarily imo, the key way of analysing would be the loss of complete effort. Likes of Hugo, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Bale would not care less what the results are as they approach end of their careers (age or injury), the younger ones (Rodon, Sanchez, Tanga, Vin) will follow teachers instructions just to have a chance of being kept in the team, but may be hating the way we play and the fear of being ostracised or publicly humiliated. The experienced and top grade pros in their prime (Kane, ND, Son) cut a frustrating figure as the team setup is no longer allowing them to perform. All of the above is evident imo.

There's more than one way of analysing ''losing the players'.

Some go through motions and don't rise to the challenge because not happy with the regime and the instructions being relayed to them.

Some will try their best (under constrained instructions), just to preserve their careers.

Some despite holding their angst will show in their demeanour.

Primarily imo, the key way of analysing would be the loss of complete effort. Likes of Hugo, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Bale would not care less what the results are as they approach end of their careers (age or injury), the younger ones (Rodon, Sanchez, Tanga, Vin) will follow teachers instructions just to have a chance of being kept in the team, but may be hating the way we play and the fear of being ostracised or publicly humiliated. The experienced and top grade pros in their prime (Kane, ND, Son) cut a frustrating figure as the team setup is no longer allowing them to perform. All of the above is evident imo.

When you stop believing in the direction of travel, it undermines everything you do, even if you don't see or can't understand it, it's why you so often see a new manager bounce when one is appointed.

When you stop believing in the direction of travel, it undermines everything you do, even if you don't see or can't understand it, it's why you so often see a new manager bounce when one is appointed.

They have to work through this dip. If they cant or dont want to they should leave.
I of course know about the new manager bounce theory.
Players should not be pandered to IMO.

They have to work through this dip. If they cant or dont want to they should leave.
I of course know about the new manager bounce theory.
Players should not be pandered to IMO.

Terrific Nick, we all agree - now how do we deal with them between now and the summer without a complete collapse?

I wonder if their 'sadness' (Jose's excuse for why they played without energy and commitment) will be alleviated by a) leaving in 4 months' time or b) seeing the majordomo leave c) Kanes' return

Makes much better sense to get rid of the person who is the root cause of all this and who (demonstrably) appears to be clueless where it matters lately i.e. the pitch.

Or of course, he changes tack and we start playing front foot, attacking intensive football again...

I know what I'd prefer, but it's all down to Jose now.

Terrific Nick, we all agree - now how do we deal with them between now and the summer without a complete collapse?

I wonder if their 'sadness' (Jose's excuse for why they played without energy and commitment) will be alleviated by a) leaving in 4 months' time or b) seeing the majordomo leave c) Kanes' return

Makes much better sense to get rid of the person who is the root cause of all this and who (demonstrably) appears to be clueless where it matters lately i.e. the pitch.

Or of course, he changes tack and we start playing front foot, attacking intensive football again...

I know what I'd prefer, but it's all down to Jose now.
It runs deeper than Jose pissing off a few. Maybe they deserved to be called out ?.
The team is not good enough and needs addressing. It's no good kidding ourselves.