Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45 | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45

What a bunch of *****. Absolutely dog shyte. Manager, owners and especially the wankers that keep drawing money from club that think they are players. Richards, Hourihane etc etc you really are wank

I don’t understand the constant slating of Richards. He’s injured.
Why would he cancel a £70k a week contract? I wouldn’t.

I feel like there has been such an obvious problem in this 4-3-3 he persists with ever since Jack got injured...

No one will pass through the middle, run through the middle, and it's so easy for a team to know it won't happen and just press the wings, because guess what we'll just pass it back to CB and they (instead of walking through the space in the middle right in front of them) will just hoof it up field to give up possession.

With Jack in the team, we'd exploit the middle of the pitch, players would have to come towards Jack, and he'd then move it to an open man. No one else does that, so we end up completely spread towards the sides of the pitch, and it's easy to defend and even easier to attack against.

I'm a fucking moron, have no professional footballing experience, yet it's clear as day. Why don't we make adjustments until Jack is back?

We were terrible again. Fair result. We didn’t turn up again.
It’s very difficult to say what’s actually wrong. Yes we are missing Jack and Axel but it’s more than that. Poor from McGinn tonight but he’s done enough this season already to show he’s worth it
Connor was garbage again and seems unable to take the workload. the team look look like they need a break.

We keep picking the same players and they don't or can't perform. I'm at work so just got the result, painful but predictable.

I feel like there has been such an obvious problem in this 4-3-3 he persists with ever since Jack got injured...

No one will pass through the middle, run through the middle, and it's so easy for a team to know it won't happen and just press the wings, because guess what we'll just pass it back to CB and they (instead of walking through the space in the middle right in front of them) will just hoof it up field to give up possession.

With Jack in the team, we'd exploit the middle of the pitch, players would have to come towards Jack, and he'd then move it to an open man. No one else does that, so we end up completely spread towards the sides of the pitch, and it's easy to defend and even easier to attack against.

I'm a fucking moron, have no professional footballing experience, yet it's clear as day. Why don't we make adjustments until Jack is back?

Because thats to easy, we have to do things the hard way.

I'll be the first to admit I underestimated the difference one player makes to our team - I think we all did. With Grealish, we're top 6 material, without him we're bottom half.

Which means we would be cannon fodder in the Prem. So maybe what's happening is in the same vein as the summer - a blessing in disguise. I would trust DS and the current hierarchy to perform much better this summer.

Nothing to say except Brentford outplayed us. We'll done the Bees!

Everything else has already been said somewhere on this website. God only knows why people want to own a football club.

Goodnight gents and chin-up, Tesco Bags Saturday ?