Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City

Thought TJ, Bramhall, Hopper and Fiorini all played well tonight. Good game to watch, but need a performance like that in the league. I'm sure it will come. Rode our luck at times, a better side would have punished us. However, onwards and upwards with those who are committed to the Imps at 1.00am tomorrow

Any imps supporter watching that tonight, seeing a player move on for more than half a million which fits the clubs business model, and listening to Michael Appleton give a fantastic honest interview should be very proud of where our club is at and how it's been run. I've not commented on the message board for the last few weeks but some of the negative crap been spouted on here has been embarrassing, injuries, signings, team selection. Please think before you post as it must make some of the professional people running our club feel why do we bother.

The criticism about Saturday was just about justified due to the system played in the first half and the lack of effort from some.

Tonight was chalk and cheese. A system we were comfortable with and everyone giving 100%. Especially Bramall, who had his best game so far. Yes Hopper was badly missed on Saturday, but he was the only injured player to return tonight.

However we have to remember it was not a league game - but it still must give the players great confidence for Cambridge. You could see they were totally enjoying some of the football they were producing.

It was a very comfortable win, Bradford only troubled our defence when we gave them the ball. Not sure Sam had to make a save to speak of. Poole very good, Adelakun getting better, Scully lethal, Bramall looking more like a proper winger with every game, Bishop superior.

It was a very comfortable win, Bradford only troubled our defence when we gave them the ball. Not sure Sam had to make a save to speak of. Poole very good, Adelakun getting better, Scully lethal, Bramall looking more like a proper winger with every game, Bishop superior.

Long made one very good diving save to his left.

Long made one very good diving save to his left.
Two.... One was fired straight at him, albiet not at full power and the dive left to put it out for the corner.

He also had to dive onto a loose ball in the second half that could have been a bit tricky.

It was great to hear the much improved performance from Saturday. Not hard to see that MA‘s choice of players included those did not give their all at Oxford. What a great response from all of them, hopefully a springboard for the future. Three goals and a clean sheet, just what was needed.

Two.... One was fired straight at him, albiet not at full power and the dive left to put it out for the corner.
And pushed it out of play, something Griffith’s can’t grasp, he always pushes it back into play and often to an attacker.

well said
It was great to hear the much improved performance from Saturday. Not hard to see that MA‘s choice of players included those did not give their all at Oxford. What a great response from all of them, hopefully a springboard for the future. Three goals and a clean sheet, just what was needed.

Last night was a stronger team than Saturday- TJ in defence gives us a presence and calmness across the line. Long, based on 2 games (!), has a real future. Very likeable.

Bramall and Adelukan were much much improved on Saturday

Bishop and Fiorini worked better than any midfield combo so far this season which gives Bridcutt time and space to roam, interfere and even take a foray across the half way line.

Bramall MOTM for me and deserved.

Tactics right to match the team we put out (I'd argue, when we set up differently on Saturday in the second half, it was a very even game). Happy.

AND we still have more to come out of the sick bay.

Was only a good L2 team which shows just how good we are.

I have no worries for this season in terms of relegation, hopeful of a strong placing competing for play-offs again.

UTI

Last night was a stronger team than Saturday- TJ in defence gives us a presence and calmness across the line. Long, based on 2 games (!), has a real future. Very likeable.

Bramall and Adelukan were much much improved on Saturday

Bishop and Fiorini worked better than any midfield combo so far this season which gives Bridcutt time and space to roam, interfere and even take a foray across the half way line.

Bramall MOTM for me and deserved.

Tactics right to match the team we put out (I'd argue, when we set up differently on Saturday in the second half, it was a very even game). Happy.

AND we still have more to come out of the sick bay.

Was only a good L2 team which shows just how good we are.

I have no worries for this season in terms of relegation, hopeful of a strong placing competing for play-offs again.

UTI
Good man - well said - there are many reasons for optimism thisseason - maybe MA needs to dish out a few more rollockings along the way, as he did, apparently after Saturday