Match Thread: Boro Vs Forest, Sponsored by Silva's Appendix | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Boro Vs Forest, Sponsored by Silva's Appendix

Well, thankful that we didn't lose but on the whole that was woeful.

I hope SL now realises that the midfield 3 he started with just does not work. We looked miles better with Carvalho and Bostock on.

I said I would wait to see Diakhaby play before judging him. I've now seen enough to judge that he is Dumitru mk2.

He's not that good. He is absolutely shit.

You would have thought Carvalho would have been a shoe in tonight. Lolley was also gash. I lost count of how many times he lost the ball.

Wonderful googly from Grabban worthy of shane warne, great chance for Diakhaby which he managed to fall over Thankful for a point from a generally poor performance. Why do we spend most of the time looking as if we are playing within ourselves instead of going for when 1 up. Thought Bostack did OK when he came on looked calm. got the ball down, under control and passed to another Forest player, which is a bit of a novelty for some of the others, food for thought there I think. Is it time for SL to take the hand brake off, and go for it?

Jesus Christ. Poor game. Brilliant finish Grabbzzzz.

2 pretty clear handball. 2nd one was a sending off because that would have been a goal.

Shotton only got a yellow because for that foul to stop a goal scoring opportunity, it would have had to be against anyone but Diakhaby. I really don't like to slag players off, but he was just shocking. I hated seeing to ball head in his direction because I KNEW we were going to lose it. Really shocking player.

And Yates. May have scored but isn’t championship class, and definitely not premiership.

I think Yates is a Championship player, just not for a top half team. It's the same with Walker, really. Decent players, but not game changers. I simply don't understand after tonight where Bostock and Carvalho have been. Bostock looks such a natural footballer, he's the exact opposite of Yates. The ball becomes a part of him when he moves with it, he's all elegance.

Yates, Diakhaby and Semedo all treat the ball like it's their enemy.

Makes Lamouchi look an absolute mug when Carvalho comes on and plays like that. Diakhaby is just embarrassingly bad. In what world did he show anything for two clubs to spend £9m on him.
Just thinking imagine paying £9m for that, he's one of those players you think I could have been a pro.

Another 2 points thrown away. This was Boros worst team I have seen, even worst then the won we beat 3 nil last year.
We didn't win this game more due not us being able to shoot on goal then Boro playing well.
It took us almost 35 minutes of the second half to have a go at them in the second half, we were playing like an end of season game nd not like promotion chasing team.
When pressured their defense was all over the place nd their keep was easily bullied whenever a player got close to him... nd still we had one shot on target ...no more. Unlucky not to get a penalty ( if there was Var we would have got it), nd at the end Diakabh showed what a headless chicken he is when shooting from almost half thd pitch when he could have ran further forward, but probably he would have fallen over.
I think Bostock did well, nothing special, but cannot understand why he was frozen out for almost all season, no worse then Yates nd Semedo.
Not the best of day for thd majority of the players, maybe Ribeiro nd Figs can get some credit but apart from the last 10 minutes this was Boros game.
Autos are out now, we must concentrate on hold on to a plag off place even though when we play like this, I dont see the hastle as we are just an average team punching above our weight in some games.

Unbelievably shit once again. We are our own worst enemies.

Picking Semedo and Yates as starters and playing Diakhaby at all is sabotage.

Carv and Bostock far superior and yet not allowed anywhere near the 11.
Could not agree more.
When we put footballers on the pitch we look good. Yates and Diakhaby are horrific players. Semedo's early season promise has no gone

Another frustrating night but follows a pattern of doing enough to win the game but not doing so.

Some positives from tonight but also some negatives.

Semedo his shit
Diakhabi his shit
We played shit for 70 mins
If I was a boro fan I would be very very worried, I don't think there is another team we could have played so badly against and not lost.
Lamouchi please, I beg you don't play that midfield again

I don't care what arguments are made, that midfield cannot be rolled out again, against anyone.

Any of our young lads would've contributed more than Diakhaby as an impact sub, wanted to give him a chance but jeez.