Match Thread Blackpool v Coventry City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v Coventry City

We were the best team second half. Several chances. On another day we'd have got two or three. If you haven't seen it. wait until you see the winner

How long before the ‘Critchley out’ mutterings start like they did last season. Hopefully they won’t! Not quite getting into gear but we’ll get there.

Bit of a generalisation Albert. Its a different league. Very big prize money at stake and they all want it except us it seems, totally different than last year. A mid table finish would do me, so not too hopeful of finishing high considering how we have gone about things up to now.

Last edited:
Shocking defence tonight all of them. Lavery should be applauded getting into positions to score, and for stepping up from ulster football. Thought Bowler was a nightmare running at them. CJ oh dear oh dear

Shocking defence tonight all of them. Lavery should be applauded getting into positions to score, and for stepping up from ulster football. Thought Bowler was a nightmare running at them. CJ oh dear oh dear

Agreed in general, but with the quality of chances Lavery got he should have buried at least 1. He’ll get some slack because he’s new, but he has to put at least 1 of those away.

Bit of a generalisation Albert. Its a different league. Very big prize money at stake and they all want it except us it seems, totally different than last year. A mid table finish would do me, so not too hopeful of finishing high considering how we have gone about things up to now.
My point was that some fans are a bit ‘over fickle’ if results don’t go our way. Instead of getting behind the manager and players, they just chunter on with knee jerk rants. It will be a tough season and hopefully we’ll finish mid table or at least away from the drop zone.

Weird game. We played poorly and were horrible defensively but created several chances and should have scored more than once. They were comfortably the better team.

We had great support again, but sadly like Saturday we allowed an average Championship team to shit all over us. We need to pick up the pace and I agree with you on Lavery and Bowler. CJ has a bit of pace, but obviously lacks skill and vision, dire to be honest, but Critchley feels he owes them all something I suspect. We need to give it all a bit of time but not too much or we're back down again.

Weird game. We played poorly and were horrible defensively but created several chances and should have scored more than once. They were comfortably the better team.
Agreed - my worry is we are reacting to the opposition as if we have no idea how they play - O'Hare a prime example