Match Day Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Day Thread

We kept our shape well and I was very impressed with Brookes. Larouci had Bailey in his pocket but Diabys pace is an issue. I expect him to go out wide second half.

Happy to be level at the break. Out of possession we've been good, with them having 80% of the ball we have to be, in possession we're poor.

We're trying to maintain a high line, pressing with some physicality and looking to force them into errors. We have a plan, which is more than we've had for a lot of games.

Keep frustrating them and their fans will get on their backs. Emery's not happy and getting emotional, he looks like a flamboyant Count Dracula.

Not for me - Slimane is a waste of a shirt - might as well have McAtee on and then we would have a semblance of a threat in possession

We are playing like a League 2 team in the Cup
Hope you're no disappointed Boxing day then.
We have to contain teams to have a chance and we certainly don't have the personnel to attack teams with free flowing football.
So far, this match, we look compact and organised - and that's a big step forward from the start of the season.

Fair enough if you are happy - I can't stand us being so submissive - this Villa team really isn't that great. I certainly don't expect this on Boxing Day.

Fair enough if you are happy - I can't stand us being so submissive - this Villa team really isn't that great. I certainly don't expect this on Boxing Day.
Unfortunately Aya it’s not about being happy, it’s about us not shipping in goals
Which we have been doing
We have got to keep it tight, make it as difficult for other teams as we can
Now we have gone behind, interesting to see how we react

We have so little possession that when we get the ball we panic and treat it like a hot potato

Unfortunately Aya it’s not about being happy, it’s about us not shipping in goals
Which we have been doing
We have got to keep it tight, make it as difficult for other teams as we can
Now we have gone behind, interesting to see how we react
I understand the making it difficult bit, but we don't look like we have any idea in possession. Long passes to Archer are not an attacking strategy to pin any hope on.