Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Chelsea | Vital Football

Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Chelsea

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
Well, after that absolutely superb result, it's ramp it up to an even tougher game. Remarkably we remain in serious contention for European football competition, while equally in risk of a vaguely bottom half finish. These games are huge now, but it's nice to know what division we'll be in next season.....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Lundstram back fit?

Fleck still out?

McBurnie an absentee?

Lys a starter?

Multiple questions....

It's not until the likes of Bayern, Barcelona, RM or PSG are visiting the Lane where I'll consider a reverse result prediction lol, but I'd be pretty damn happy with a 1-1 today. JOC goal. Win? And dare to dream.

UTB

Chelsea have been in good form, and we will have to be at the top of our game to get anything. Bizarrely, I still fancy us to get this one done. 2-0.

I expect the game to be similar to Wolves. The Chelsea players are technically better but we will be in their faces and out work them. 1-0 Blades

We’re part of the sky bet treble today and tbh I could see any of the 3 possibilities coming in so I’ve stuck a bit on each making it a Liverpool wba double hoping for a win would take a draw would‘nt surprise me if we came unstuck,next time I doubt I’ll be so decisive

I expect McBurnie and Sharp up front again unfortunately. And if there's any change, it'll be McGoldrick coming in.

Chelsea are probably without Kante and Kovacic, which is great for us. But Pulisic and Willian are on worryingly good form.

I don't think we'll lose this one. I fancy Mousset to come on and score.

A win would make it 3 on the spin at home - against Spurs, Wolves and Chelsea. That would be immense. And hugely surprising.

Would love to think we can get something out of this, but my heart says Chelsea are too good. Like Man U, they are in great form and can attack with pace through the middle which always hurts us.

0-2 and move on

If Didzy is fit, then he should come straight back in. I'd also be tempted to give Zivkovic a start. He impressed me on Wednesday and Chelsea look vulnerable to pace on the counter attack. I hope to see Fleck on the bench as well.

If Didzy is fit, then he should come straight back in. I'd also be tempted to give Zivkovic a start. He impressed me on Wednesday and Chelsea look vulnerable to pace on the counter attack. I hope to see Fleck on the bench as well.

I must confess I'd like to see a bit more of Zivkovic before we send him back. He's got the pace we need, I don't know if he's got anything else..

If we can win this game, I mean IF we can win this game, and it's probably the biggest IF we've had for years, it will reverberate through football.

We will suddenly become accepted as being serious European contenders rather than some other club that's just having a decent flukey season.

So, were bound to fuck it up totally and give everybody the chance to say "God they're shit, how have they ever managed to beat anybody"

If we can win this game, I mean IF we can win this game, and it's probably the biggest IF we've had for years, it will reverberate through football.

We will suddenly become accepted as being serious European contenders rather than some other club that's just having a decent flukey season.

So, were bound to fuck it up totally and give everybody the chance to say "God they're shit, how have they ever managed to beat anybody"

I marvel at how you manage to stay so cheerful MnM...

:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I marvel at how you manage to stay so cheerful MnM...

:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:LOL: Like the Wolves game if we get owt today it'll be a HUGE bonus but i do think Chelski give teams a chance of scorin cos they're alot better at attackin than they are defendin.1-1 wi the PROLIFIC EGAN gettin anutha goal.UTMPB

I expect McBurnie and Sharp up front again unfortunately. And if there's any change, it'll be McGoldrick coming in.

Chelsea are probably without Kante and Kovacic, which is great for us. But Pulisic and Willian are on worryingly good form.

I don't think we'll lose this one. I fancy Mousset to come on and score.

A win would make it 3 on the spin at home - against Spurs, Wolves and Chelsea. That would be immense. And hugely surprising.
We’ve never won 3 consecutive games at home in the premier league
this stat needs rewriting

Yes we have, this season!
That stat as you say is wrong got it off Twitter we’ve only just done it as it includes the Norwich game before lockdown plus spurs and wolves
not sure as I can be arsed to go find the tweet to put em straight tho

We’ve never won 3 consecutive games at home in the premier league
this stat needs rewriting
WOW worra thick forker ya are.:ROFLMAO: All the verbals tha giz mi as well.:ROFLMAO: Ya didn't even have to look back that far in history to check your stat either,ya thick git, a Big City Idiot is what ya are.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: UTMPB

West Ham 4-0 up at Norwich(Antonio scored all 4) I'm goin to do a Bully and say i'm goin to have a bet on Norwich gettin relegated,i wonder if i'll get 10/1.:giggle: UTMPB