MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Bristol City | Page 2 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Bristol City

The tactics of the first half made that a lot harder than it should have been. Boro surely are out of this now. We have one foot in the Prem, a huge 3 points.

1 more win and 1 draw and we've done it. Provided that Luton don't win all 4 with a hat full of goals.:toot:

Nearly there chaps. The weekend can now be a pleasant distraction for both players and fans rather than getting in the way. UTB ⚔️

The players were nervous
The fans were nervous ( bit of hand bags in the Westfield corner)
Thought Bristol were a horrible niggly team, little tugs and pulls throughout the game
The ref again, was shit!!!!!
Overall we deserved the win (just)
Huge 3 points, ta piggy Pearson

Fans were absolutely pathetic. Given the circumstances, I can hardly remember worse. We seem quite disappointed to be promoted.

Team were poor but with Fleck starting that was always likely. It completely isolates the front two and with McBurnie out of form - possibly in part due to his apparent inexplicable and downright unacceptable participation in Ramadan - it meant that it was basically all on Ndiaye. And he can't do it on his own every game.

We only looked like winning when McAtee came on. But this was clearly the plan. Safety first to start, use the bench to win the game in the second half. How smoothly that plan went is quite incredible and sums up Heckman's luck in a way.

McAtee is a very special player. He's barely touched down in senior football before this season and despite appearing physically unsuited to a league like the Championship, he's swept it aside with contempt, without any doubt that he always would. He's shown an elite mentality. Confident, assured, calm, level headed and setting high standards. The extent of his impact and speed of his adaptation prove that he's going to have a great career at the highest level. And really, it didn't even take him half a season as it appears - it took him a small handful of starts. We need to get him back next season, because he'll be even better.

Fans were absolutely pathetic. Given the circumstances, I can hardly remember worse. We seem quite disappointed to be promoted.

Team were poor but with Fleck starting that was always likely. It completely isolates the front two and with McBurnie out of form - possibly in part due to his apparent inexplicable and downright unacceptable participation in Ramadan - it meant that it was basically all on Ndiaye. And he can't do it on his own every game.

We only looked like winning when McAtee came on. But this was clearly the plan. Safety first to start, use the bench to win the game in the second half. How smoothly that plan went is quite incredible and sums up Heckman's luck in a way.

McAtee is a very special player. He's barely touched down in senior football before this season and despite appearing physically unsuited to a league like the Championship, he's swept it aside with contempt, without any doubt that he always would. He's shown an elite mentality. Confident, assured, calm, level headed and setting high standards. The extent of his impact and speed of his adaptation prove that he's going to have a great career at the highest level. And really, it didn't even take him half a season as it appears - it took him a small handful of starts. We need to get him back next season, because he'll be even better.
"Fans were absolutely pathetic. Given the circumstances, I can hardly remember worse. We seem quite disappointed to be promoted." What a load of bollox. I know you like to be controversial but no need to spout this crap. Agree the atmosphere wasn't 100% for 100% of the game but what do you expect after a pathetic display. Right about McAtee but we're going to need a nearly new full team if we get up.

But will he ever play for Man City?

Worth a cheeky bid for both loanees.

Neither City player is good enough for the Prem yet IMHO, and our whole squad isn't fit enough.

We've had some outstanding young loans in the last few years haven't we? Henderson, MGW, McAtee and Doyle virtually on the bounce. Somebody in our scouting network is obviously doing their job right.

I didn't think the fans were that bad to be honest. It's the fear of loosing while the team not being on their game reaction you get at most clubs at this stage of the season at both ends of the table. A collective holding of breath, sweaty palms and clenched behinds. What pisses me off more are fans who say they don't care how we get it, all that matters now is the result then proceed to moan like **** all game and after. I had one in my ear all last night and Tw@tter is also full of the goons some old enough to know better. We've had run in games just like last night in every promotion campaign that I can remember

"Fans were absolutely pathetic. Given the circumstances, I can hardly remember worse. We seem quite disappointed to be promoted." What a load of bollox. I know you like to be controversial but no need to spout this crap. Agree the atmosphere wasn't 100% for 100% of the game but what do you expect after a pathetic display. Right about McAtee but we're going to need a nearly new full team if we get up.

You've probably seen more promotion seasons than me. Do you ever remember the fans being less enthusiastic about one?

No, it's the sense that being Blades it'll all go pear shaped. Main thing is the poor standard of football over the last few home games. Yesterday the atmosphere was superb until they started passing to the opposition, heading and booting the ball upfield. Also, a fear that we might be humiliated, especially with this team, in the Prem. Last time we were on an incredible roll from the EFL2 to the Prem, just like a roller coaster. Plus the football was exciting as we had the players. Hecky has had to sort this out with his hands tied behind his back.

Neither City player is good enough for the Prem yet IMHO, and our whole squad isn't fit enough.
We are not preparing to compete against the top teams we are almost in a mini league of 6 teams. Our first base has to be to upgrade the squad so we are alot better than we are now. Then if we go down we will be in a strong position to come straight back. Second base is a miracle but look at Bournemouth, it can be done.

A
We are not preparing to compete against the top teams we are almost in a mini league of 6 teams. Our first base has to be to upgrade the squad so we are alot better than we are now. Then if we go down we will be in a strong position to come straight back. Second base is a miracle but look at Bournemouth, it can be done.

Agree....Bournemouth have done great....so far. But just think getting your team super fit is an easy win that will make a big difference. At the moment most of our team look knackered after 60 mins....ex George and Illy

A

Agree....Bournemouth have done great....so far. But just think getting your team super fit is an easy win that will make a big difference. At the moment most of our team look knackered after 60 mins....ex George and Illy
Compare the games played this season aya.

True Chips but still think there's 20% more in these players....they reckon that's why Grealish has now moved up a gear because he's now fit to City's standards
The difference in facilities and resource between SUFC and Man City is huge and more than one league apart. This is my major bug bear with the Prince. We really need the take over to go through asap now. Dozy has already said he wants a huge improvement in the infrastructure. We are literally treading water with no life jacket at the moment. There have been so many cut backs we just do not have the resources to keep on top of this.