MATCH DAY THREAD : Stoke City v The Mighty Blades | Page 2 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Stoke City v The Mighty Blades

Incapable of creating chances - RND is the worst culprit - he just isn't good enough in that position.

Fleck is truly a shadow of his former self and it's now obvious he's never coming back.

I'm sorry to say.

I hope to god the promising academy players can step up. Our midfield and left side needs more quality,

Last edited:
Reasonably pleased with that. We looked strong at times. Luckily we are paying a new footballer a wage but obviously he can't feature until his short term contract expires.

Not too bad in the wide scheme of things, Bournemouth were losing, dunno how that panned out.

And boro were 0-0. I think some other teams won and lost. Did the pigs play?

We have to wait until Uremovic has 'learned the system' for 4 weeks before he can possibly feature - from the bench.

Then maybe, maybe - if he's lucky, he can get the odd start with one or two games remaining - but only if someone else is injured.

Reasonably pleased with that. We looked strong at times. Luckily we are paying a new footballer a wage but obviously he can't feature until his short term contract expires.

Not too bad in the wide scheme of things, Bournemouth were losing, dunno how that panned out.

And boro were 0-0. I think some other teams won and lost. Did the pigs play?
Pleased? Boro and Bournemouth easily won, don't get you?

We have to wait until Uremovic has 'learned the system' for 4 weeks before he can possibly feature - from the bench.

Then maybe, maybe - if he's lucky, he can get the odd start with one or two games remaining - but only if someone else is injured.

We have a system ?

A predictably lethargic post international break performance. We need to be a bit more sophisticated and canny than "keep it tight at the back and give it to Gibbo". Three away defeats from the last four now with just the one goal, I'm not liking that trend.

And if I'm Ben Osborn I'm banging the manager's door down demanding to know why I'm not starting. Preferably in a 4-2-3-1 which we can surely risk against a team 16th in the Championship.

On the coaching front it's interesting to see Blessin go unbeaten in his first eight Serie A games and be lauded by Capello as being "better than Klopp".

Could be another Maradona what if for us.

I think the fact that our 2 strikers on display today had a combined age that’s less than Billy Sharp’s might not have helped our cause. Too much pressure too young, if Billy misses many more games it’s good night Vienna