MATCH DAY THREAD : Manchester City v The Mighty Blades | Page 8 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Manchester City v The Mighty Blades

Agree with the treeton stalker, We nearly grabbed something with Fleck at the end. Wilder got it pretty much spot on, individual defending cost us, if we had opened up earlier it would have been 3 or 4.
Wow wow WOWZER,The Canadian superbrain agrees with me,well this must be what it feels like to win a Oscar.:ROFLMAO: UTMPB

I get what people are saying re if we had gone for it "gung ho" we would have probably been slaughtered. But the game was awful to watch for me. Apart from the last 10 mins with Flecks shot we never threatened at all.
There were long spells in the 2nd half where we could not even get a kick of the ball. To anyone seeing the score without watching the game thinking it was close. The truth is, we were hammered.

Don't think we were hammered, but agree

The poss numbers of 82% v 18% says it all. The gulf in class was obvious, it looked at times like a group of dads playing "piggy in the middle" with their kids.
The City players looked as fresh at the end as they did before the start, I don't think any of them broke sweat, they were strolling.

They scored and controlled it from there.

From the horse's mouth so to speak

"
Wilder revealed afterwards his plan was to keep the score at 1-0 for as long as possible before having a go late on.

'We can't come here and open ourselves up and attack like we did in the Championship," he said.

"We couldn't allow them to blow us away on 45-50 minutes, we had to stay in the game and I said to the players at half-time if we get done two or three because we've gone for it in the last 15, we can live with that."

That was the message being shouted by the players on the pitch, who constantly reminded each other to 'stay in the game, stay in the game.'"

Don't think we were hammered, but agree

The poss numbers of 82% v 18% says it all. The gulf in class was obvious, it looked at times like a group of dads playing "piggy in the middle" with their kids.
The City players looked as fresh at the end as they did before the start, I don't think any of them broke sweat, they were strolling.

They scored and controlled it from there.
Then why did they play keep ball and take it to the corners to waste time? I would have been upset if I supported Man City.

Then why did they play keep ball and take it to the corners to waste time? I would have been upset if I supported Man City.

I believe the modern term is called game management, if retaining the ball for 75% of a game is wasting time we should try it. I think winning a game makes fans happy. They scored and controlled the game and we hardly laid a glove on them, and that's not being critical of the effort the team put in it's just a fact.

All about opinions but I seriously doubt MC were ever in fear of us, respected our endeavour but fear not a chance.
Disagree in full. They didn't fear us for 80 minutes but got nervous when they failed to socre 2 or 3. Game management did happen for them (doesn't usually)
and we worried them with the two good chances near the end.

Disagree in full. They didn't fear us for 80 minutes but got nervous when they failed to socre 2 or 3. Game management did happen for them (doesn't usually)
and we worried them with the two good chances near the end.

That's your right to disagree, but I didn't see any panic in their team throughout the game. Was it Bogle who blazed over wildly and Fleck while a decent hit didn't trouble the keeper. Wasn't Ramsdale the man of the match, 75% possession, 10 shots 5 on target 10 corners against our 4 one on target zero corners. We put a shift in that's a given did they get nervous not really.

That's your right to disagree, but I didn't see any panic in their team throughout the game. Was it Bogle who blazed over wildly and Fleck while a decent hit didn't trouble the keeper. Wasn't Ramsdale the man of the match, 75% possession, 10 shots 5 on target 10 corners against our 4 one on target zero corners. We put a shift in that's a given did they get nervous not really.
As I said, two good chances mate. Your eyes deceived you if you missed the
keep ball where a team of their talents should be pushing. And Pep didn't lie.

As I said, two good chances mate. Your eyes deceived you if you missed the
keep ball where a team of their talents should be pushing. And Pep didn't lie.

Man City played no different against us than they do week in week out. They retain possession move the opposition left and right and wear them down. (check their possession stats they are always around 70%, Pep has said numerous times you can't expect to score 5 every game, they scored one and they took the three points job done. Let's agree to disagree, we lost, on to the next challenge

Man City played no different against us than they do week in week out. They retain possession move the opposition left and right and wear them down. (check their possession stats they are always around 70%, Pep has said numerous times you can't expect to score 5 every game, they scored one and they took the three points job done. Let's agree to disagree, we lost, on to the next challenge
We'll have to agree to differ on this one,