Match day thread forest v Leeds. | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match day thread forest v Leeds.

Absolutely brilliant, thought Grabban was going to ruin my weekend again when he missed that sitter, was sure they would go straight down other end & score like last week, but thank goodness they didn't. The Samba save was beyond belief, then Walker topped it all off. Just hope we can be as good again On Tuesday

Watson robbed the ball ran 20 yards and just couldn't do anymore, weakly shoved it towards a blowing grabban who could hardly go anywhere they all ran themselves into the ground. Might need a bit of squad rotation against Cardiff, Watson especially his legs must be knacking.
too funny, what legs? sow shows what a midfielder should be doing ;)
id swap walker for grabban tuesday now, strike whilst the iron is hot and grabz is cold

Watson is getting on but he does a lot of work still, he's defied his years and almost all of us who wrote him off but he was shattered tonight he needs a game off. Grabban is a tricky one you drop him he gets mardy we may have a problem, Lamouchi might convince him to take a rest maybe play the last 30 Tuesday but he's never been happy to be a sub. That goal for walker is a blessing if he'd gone a few games without a goal people will be saying should of left him at Lincoln, also will boost his confidence a start against Charlton would be good for him especially if he scores.

At this stage in 2010 we had 55 points and were third, 4 points from West Brom in second. In our last 15 games we scored another 24 points to reach 79 (1.6 per game)

At this stage in 2011 we were actually second with 56 points, ahead of Swansea in third on goal difference. We went on to score just 19 points in the last 15 games to reach 75 (1.26 per game).

In 2014 we were 5th with 55 points, 5 from second and 9 ahead of 7th. Unbelievably, we scored just 10 more points all season.

Interestingly, at this stage last season Sheffield United had 55 points. They scored another 34 in their final 15 games, at 2.26 per game and finished 6 points ahead of Leeds.

We need around 1.5 points per game from now on to more or less be sure of the playoffs.

To reach 90 points we would need 2.6 per game. Very tall order for any side.

But to reach 85 we would need around 2 points per game. That's an improvement on our current 1.74 per game, but not undoable.

Last edited:
Huge result, huge performance, it’s refreshing to be going into mid February in such a strong position in what I consider to be a typically average championship season.

It (promotion - be it auto or playoffs) really is there for the taking this season. I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say the worst we’ll do this season is playoffs. And if we do make the playoffs I genuinely don’t feel threatened by any other team in this division.

Thank you Sabri for reinstating some faith in the club.

Last edited:
Having spent most of yesterdays match in a state of high anxiety god knows what my blood pressure was thank goodness for the beta blockers it led me to question how much I actually enjoy the match while it is actually taking place or is it only when it's over and the result is a positive one that you can actually say wow that was brilliant, but if Leeds had manged to peg us back late on how many of us would still say wow that was brilliant when we would still have witnessed largely the same match EG last week at 5 o'clock I wished I had no interest in football at all.
In other areas of the entertainment industry you pay your money and know you have a good chance of getting a couple of hours entertainment that you can enjoy all the way through, sport and football in particular is completely different if you are a fan of one of the teams involved where generally particularly in the case of Forest you have to endure a couple of hours of high anxiety which you hope might culminate in a positive and therefore an enjoyable experience, so I still can't make my mind up whether I really do enjoy the 2 hours or just the outcome

At this stage in 2010 we had 55 points and were third, 4 points from West Brom in second. In our last 15 games we scored another 24 points to reach 79 (1.6 per game)

At this stage in 2011 we were actually second with 56 points, ahead of Swansea in third on goal difference. We went on to score just 19 points in the last 15 games to reach 75 (1.26 per game).

In 2014 we were 5th with 55 points, 5 from second and 9 ahead of 7th. Unbelievably, we scored just 10 more points all season.

Interestingly, at this stage last season Sheffield United had 55 points. They scored another 34 in their final 15 games, at 2.26 per game and finished 6 points ahead of Leeds.

We need around 1.5 points per game from now on to more or less be sure of the playoffs.

To reach 90 points we would need 2.6 per game. Very tall order for any side.

But to reach 85 we would need around 2 points per game. That's an improvement on our current 1.74 per game, but not undoable.

The way things are stacking up, we could well be in for a repeat of the 2012 13 season when the top two teams went up with 87 and 79 points respectively.

The top side, West Brom, need to average over 2 points per game to reach 90 points; that may not be impossible but looks unlikely given recent results.

The sixth placed Club in 2012 13 only managed 68 points, again, that may well be repeated given that there are around 7 Clubs all within 6 points of 6th place.

9 of the last 20 automatic spots have been achieved by accumulating less than 90 points; one of the teams in the top 5 may go on a good run fairly soon; it would take a brave man to bet on which one it will be.

The way things are stacking up, we could well be in for a repeat of the 2012 13 season when the top two teams went up with 87 and 79 points respectively.

The top side, West Brom, need to average over 2 points per game to reach 90 points; that may not be impossible but looks unlikely given recent results.

The sixth placed Club in 2012 13 only managed 68 points, again, that may well be repeated given that there are around 7 Clubs all within 6 points of 6th place.

9 of the last 20 automatic spots have been achieved by accumulating less than 90 points; one of the teams in the top 5 may go on a good run fairly soon; it would take a brave man to bet on which one it will be.

Yes, I’m completely in agreement with all of this. I said in my earlier post “typically average championship season”, the inference being that nobody appears to be capable of running away with the league. There are no stand out teams, certainly not at the moment anyway.

If we can hypothetically take our destiny into our own hands, keeping our run of losses at one loss at a time, and keep on going on unbeaten runs of 6/7 between now and the end of the season, we’ll be just fine. Easier said than done of course, but in Sabri I trust.

Talking beforehand about it being a big match, I thought we lived up to it yesterday. Nobody played badly, the spirit of the side was outstanding, and we made Leeds look really poor. They played like Warburton's teams used to/do; passing for passing's sake, pushing too far up the pitch, until they ran out of ideas and had to use the direct option that we were perfectly capable of dealing with. I said to somebody before the game that there were a few things you could guarantee. We were always going to have around a third of the possession, we were always going to play on the break. Leeds set up to encourage our gameplay and we just lured them in and controlled the game, even when they had possession.

There was a really good atmosphere for once, a really solid performance, and we now have a marginally better home record than away. It sets us up, like I was saying before, for another big match on Tuesday. I think it's essential to win that because it's one of our most winnable remaining fixtures. Charlton's gameplan, I suspect, won't be as accommodating as Bielsa's was yesterday.