Marty Fryatt sues Forest | Vital Football

Marty Fryatt sues Forest

Can't say I would be shocked to find that the regime under Fawaz completely mismanaged something like this or tried to force him to do something against all common sense.

Nor am I surprised that managers under constant threat of the sack were pressuring him to play when he shouldn't have been.

Not sure £30k a week quite cuts it for a really good striker having to retire 2-5 years early along with the mental health problems that come from it.

It's horrible to hear him say things specifically against our club and its natural to feel defensive, but reading that I felt really, really bad for him and whether it is the clubs fault or not, he has been robbed of a lot. I can't imagine what it must be like to crash out of a career like that through injury.

My sympathies firmly with the player on this one.

Hes alluded to this previously has owd Marty

Rushing to break news and making schoolboy errors at the same time til he drops

Pig

I've 0 clue about this particular case but do know a physio at a similarly sized club and they are often in a battle with management over whether a player is fit or not...

I've 0 clue about this particular case but do know a physio at a similarly sized club and they are often in a battle with management over whether a player is fit or not...
I am not commenting on the rights or wrongs but this must happen constantly at every club. There would have to be something out of the ordinary for him to win a case against Forest.

Not just physically either.

In genuine cases of injury, like this, that have lead to early retirement then you really do feel for the player.

Unfortunately, strikers are the highest paid and the pressure for them to be played, when the manager's job is on the line are sadly inevitable.

I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but given the current financial pressures that covid-19 has created, there will also be pressure for certain players not to be played => to save clubs up and down the land - goal/appearance bonuses - which augment base salaries.

I’m sure he’s not doing this to be vindictive against Forest & him ending career is always going to be traumatic for any player, if he thinks there’s some reason it’s going to play on his mind. It’s just sad all round. I don’t know what good suing us does though, it won’t make him better & it won’t change anything in football.

More needs to be done about supporting footballers that are injured. Education, other fitness, mental health, coaching, it’s such a waste of time just waiting for recovery.

I’m sure he’s not doing this to be vindictive against Forest & him ending career is always going to be traumatic for any player, if he thinks there’s some reason it’s going to play on his mind. It’s just sad all round. I don’t know what good suing us does though, it won’t make him better & it won’t change anything in football.

More needs to be done about supporting footballers that are injured. Education, other fitness, mental health, coaching, it’s such a waste of time just waiting for recovery.
It should be built into contracts for anyone over 30 that the club will put them through a part time degree or equivalent and commit to pay for it till the end

It should be built into contracts for anyone over 30 that the club will put them through a part time degree or equivalent and commit to pay for it till the end

That’s the kind of thing.
Give them a choice, coaching badges, journalism, physiotherapy, personal training there’s loads they could do.

Players under 23 should have 25% of their wages (over a set amount) automatically put aside by the PFA and not accessible until they are 25.

And another 25% that isn't accessible until they retire