Martin Allen - sacked | Vital Football

Martin Allen - sacked

Not before time. Their dramatic slide from the upper reaches of League One to the lower reaches of the Conference in a matter of a few years has been incredible. What a mess they are in.

A 4-0 home loss to Solihull yesterday was shocking. I do wonder though if the current Barnet boss has started to look over his shoulder!!!!

Barnet for him - next time they need saving. It's some kind of job share scheme he has agreed with them!

Chesterfield are serial financial cheats along with Luton, Bournemouth, Notts. County and Rotherham off the top of my head. Am I being unfair to any of those clubs? Have I missed anybody off the list? Hope they crash and burn to National League North (Chesterfield). Clubs like Wrexham and Stockport have suffered because of their ilk.

Chesterfield are serial financial cheats along with Luton, Bournemouth, Notts. County and Rotherham off the top of my head. Am I being unfair to any of those clubs? Have I missed anybody off the list? Hope they crash and burn to National League North (Chesterfield). Clubs like Wrexham and Stockport have suffered because of their ilk.

I'll add Portsmouth as well.
Managed to get to premier lge and cup final on back on vast unpaid taxes and bills.
Wrote off over £100 million if i remember rightly. And Redknapp had his bonuses paid to his dog !

Last edited:
I'll add Portsmouth as well.
Managed to get to premier lge and cup final on back on vast unpaid taxes and bills.
Wrote off over £100 million if i remember rightly. And Redknapp has his bonuses paid to his dog !

Any club Ken Bates has been involved with ever?

I went there a few weeks ago when they played Bromley. Meal in the vice presidents suit . Full treatment even a pint waiting at half time .Great evening . Sad to see clubs go this way . Irrespective of who they are well except this in Div 1. Great ground with great facilities. There but for the grace of God etc etc . Hope they survive .

Chesterfield have got more pressing concerns and problems than Martin Allen.

I can't see things getting better imminently because they're cutting their wage bill by £200k-£300k over January.

Imagine the NLN with Stockport, York and Chesterfield in it.

I hate to see this happen to clubs with heritage and history, even if they are badly run. And especially when they're replaced by the likes of Salford and Forest Green, who add nothing and offer nothing to the league other than the wet dreams of their rich chairmen.