Manchester United-Manchester City EFL (Carabao) Cup Semi Final 1 Post Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Manchester United-Manchester City EFL (Carabao) Cup Semi Final 1 Post Match Thread

Is it evil to be so joyful at someone else's expense?:innocent::dev:

It is excusable in certain circumstances. This involves the rags and so it is one of those times.

Schadenfreude is a dish best served cold. Especially gratifying after they had thought Oily was a Footballing God following their win at the Etihad. Reality hurts doesn’t it Oily?

81610424_2638352283054207_4532241046280601600_n.jpg

The lack of ticket sales means that United have been forced to release a statement warning anyone who is "visibly or audibly" supporting Manchester City in a home area of Old Trafford will be ejected.
thumbnail

Whilst we are still basking in the glow of the result (& the pain being endured by JoMU fans whose team is being lambasted) ........I still find the concession of that goal irritating. Aside from the careless loss of possession by KDB and Rodri it was still preventable......Otamendi gets his body posted all wrong, follows the ball (despite the presence of Fernandinho) and allows Rashnaldo to get behind him. As a result he turns away from Rashnaldo giving him more space than if he had tracked his run.

As an experienced defender it was a rookie error.

Sterling is p*ssing me off at the moment. He missed two sitters last night and his reaction when the own goal was scored was all petulant “why didn’t Kevin pass to me instead of shooting?” which is a bit rich as recently he has been guilty of returning to his old ways of meandering into blind alleys as he tries to create a shooting chance for himself when a simple pass would be better and is often ignored.

The role of Selfish Git is already taken by Riyad ‘One Touch Too Many’ Mahrez.

This may seem over critical, but as has been pointed out by others, we have been guilty of a profligacy this season which is proving costly. Chances to put a game to bed often scorned and affecting the dynamic of games - it is very frustrating when the personal element of ego starts to emerge at the expense of the team.

Whilst we are still basking in the glow of the result (& the pain being endured by JoMU fans whose team is being lambasted) ........I still find the concession of that goal irritating. Aside from the careless loss of possession by KDB and Rodri it was still preventable......Otamendi gets his body posted all wrong, follows the ball (despite the presence of Fernandinho) and allows Rashnaldo to get behind him. As a result he turns away from Rashnaldo giving him more space than if he had tracked his run.

As an experienced defender it was a rookie error.

It was defendable and probably Otamendi might have done better if he had been left footed, but it is the blind pass from Rodri in one of those areas that I have heard Pep discuss, lose it higher up the pitch no problem but in that spot where he did, the was no time to recover and we were chasing tails, and in that situation, Rashnaldo is a good finisher, if he was in a better side he might score more goals.

Sterling is p*ssing me off at the moment. He missed two sitters last night and his reaction when the own goal was scored was all petulant “why didn’t Kevin pass to me instead of shooting?” which is a bit rich as recently he has been guilty of returning to his old ways of meandering into blind alleys as he tries to create a shooting chance for himself when a simple pass would be better and is often ignored.

The role of Selfish Git is already taken by Riyad ‘One Touch Too Many’ Mahrez.

This may seem over critical, but as has been pointed out by others, we have been guilty of profligacy this season which is proving costly. Chances to put a game to bed often scorned and affecting the dynamic of games - it is very frustrating when the personal element of ego starts to emerge at the expense of the team.

RS7, as you pointed out yesterday, needs a rest a spell of a couple of games on the bench, just to get his breath back and regroup, not putting away those chances that last season he would have had no problem with.

Riyad frustrates because he can be such a nightmmare for defenders but so greedy in the end.

The bright light was Bernardo who loved that role of 'have ball will travel'anywhere on the pitch.
Keep Oily@OT#JoMU

Did anyone else find Pep's prickly reply to the description of the performance last evening as a "masterclass" enjoyable?

His patience with sports journos appears wafer thin right now. As he rightly (IMO) identified, had things gone awry last night they would have been at his throat for playing without a centre forward.

To his mind it simply showed his attention to detail and how he came up with a solution to a problem he had failed to solve last month.

Did anyone else find Pep's prickly reply to the description of the performance last evening as a "masterclass" enjoyable?

His patience with sports journos appears wafer thin right now. As he rightly (IMO) identified, had things gone awry last night they would have been at his throat for playing without a centre forward.

To his mind it simply showed his attention to detail and how he came up with a solution to a problem he had failed to solve last month.

he just wants to talk football all the time and the hacks want to get a rise out of him and ask him daft questions and you can see his brain working, 'do these get people breed'

super wafer thin btw, as if to say someone please ask an intelligent question.

I don't think we need to bother about drawing attention to him, his team do that well enough without our help. It is always good to ram that sign of their's which quoted the number of years City went without a major Trophy
I just worry that one day, they'll actually fall ass backwards into a good manager. I'm not ready to see their suffering end.