Manchester City v Southampton - KO-18:00 GMT Wednesday 10th March 2021 -Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Southampton - KO-18:00 GMT Wednesday 10th March 2021 -Premier League Match Preview and MDT

It's rained for the best part of 24 hours in the Manchester area, but it seems to be easing off slightly where I am.

Could be a Villa style slog tonight.

Joleon Lescott on Sky pundit duty.

Zinchenko - We'll try to be better
Oleksandr Zinchenko says the feeling in the City camp is good despite Sunday's set-back against United and the Ukrainian is eyeing the start of another good run of form against Southampton tonight.

"The feeling is alright. We’ve got some points ahead of everyone and we’re still playing in all competitions. We did some analysis about the game but this can happen to anyone. Today we will try to show our performance again, do it better and get three points as well.

It can happen, we are not robots, we are human beings. It’s football, especially Man United they’re a great team but we'll try and do another run, why not."

Pep Guardiola - Players always react well
How will City respond to Sunday's defeat? It's the big question ahead of tonight's game, but Guardiola has no doubts about his squad.

Here's what he's just told Sky Sports news ahead of kick-off:

"Always they react good. It doesn't matter on the result they always react good, in the good and bad moments.

"It will be a really difficult game. I don't know if they’ll play four at the back, they play with four central defenders, maybe they play with five in the back. They have quality, speed up front. We will see."

I am watching on my Mac this evening and am experiencing technical issues as it is on a go slow following another annoying update from Apple :arrghh:

Nearly time!
Five minutes until we get under way at the Etihad. Here's a reminder of how the two teams line up:

CITY: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (C), Gündogan, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden.

SOUTHAMPTON: McCarthy, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Salisu, Bertrand, Stephens, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Djenepo, Redmond, Adams.

Time to exorcise those demons from Sunday. Let's put in a good performance and blow away the cobwebs that were messing up the player's minds.........

Let's get it done!

*and not commit stupid early mistakes which gift the opposition an advantage