Manchester City v Everton - Premier league:-Sat 15th December 2018, KO- 12: 30 pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Everton - Premier league:-Sat 15th December 2018, KO- 12: 30 pm (UK Time) Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
After some suggestions that City's bubble had burst, rather than the laws of averages then we have some delusional people out there waiting for City to fall flat on their faces. This is City's chance to show that anyone can have a bad day at the office and last week against Chelsea the luck was on their side. A much improved Everton side only just beaten by Liverpool recently in Klipperty time, but can they upset City. Phil Foden got a start in the victory over Hoffenheim will he get another, only Pep and Phil know the answer.

City Injury News
Out - De Bruyne, David Silva, Bravo, Mangala,
Doubtful, Aguero, Fernandinho, Danilo, Stones

City Everton Connections
Richard Dunne, Sylvain Distin, Joe Royal, Peter Reid, Howard Kendal, John Stones, Andy Hinchcliffe, Neil Poynton & Jack Rodwell

12:30 Man City v Everton
Referee:
Craig Pawson
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Richard West
Fourth official: Paul Tierney

Next up Leicester City at Kingpower Stadium 7:45pm 18th December 2018 in the Carabao Cup

Last edited:
Always a battle with these jokers, although we usually do better at the Etihad. Ther's no time for crying in our soup, pull the boot straps up and get to work. CTID

Our lengthy injury list makes me more nervous about this fixture than I normally am. For some reason they have been our bogey team for quite some time and have improved under Silva.

Pep may have struck just the right note in using the Chelsea defeat to shake out any complacency that might have been in danger of creeping into our game. He made a similar point after the Watford game about needing to continue to play. They cannot start believing the media hyperbole (which I actually find disingenuous as you just know they still want Pep & City to fall on their faces).

Am expecting zero from the rags. Maureen will take his anti-football to Candlefield and be lucky to stop the dippers from putting the ball past De Gea. If they get out of there with a point he will declare it the best result ever.

The biggest question for me is pointed out in Buzz's final sentence - will Foden get a start?
By all accounts needed to grow into the game, but was excellent in the second half. I think Pep will give him the chance.

It may be another tough game, glad for the early KO. As for the Rags, I hope they do win, but not likely.

The biggest question for me is pointed out in Buzz's final sentence - will Foden get a start?
By all accounts needed to grow into the game, but was excellent in the second half. I think Pep will give him the chance.

I don't believe he will, two high intensity games in a matter of days, don't think he's conditioned to do it yet, next start at Leicester in the LC I reckon.

I don't believe he will, two high intensity games in a matter of days, don't think he's conditioned to do it yet, next start at Leicester in the LC I reckon.

Yes, that's a point. However, if a counter point is 'what's he like with a run of games' when will that happen, if not now?

As for the history derby, pains me to say it but I want a rag win, needs must.

First of all, we need to do our bit on Saturday. I wouldn't be adverse to a draw as the best case scenario. I just can't contemplate a United win, and it would restore us at the top.

Yes, that's a point. However, if a counter point is 'what's he like with a run of games' when will that happen, if not now?

Yep, fair point, I do think he'll feature on Saturday just not sure he'll start, he did look tired toward the end last night, blowing out his cheeks a bit.

Yep, fair point, I do think he'll feature on Saturday just not sure he'll start, he did look tired toward the end last night, blowing out his cheeks a bit.

He will have been nervous for his first start and then he would grow into it, his selection very much depends on Injuries and if we have some key players back, he will be on the bench

So many connections especially when Howard Kendall brought so many of his ex players thought I'd pick a team

Mimms
Harper
Hinchcliffe
Stones
Dunne
Power
Reid
Hartford
Ward
Kidd
Royle

Subs

Stowell
Pointon
Distin
Heath
Harper
Clarke
McMahon

Going to be plenty of gloves worn on the pitch today as the forecast looks a bit cold and bleak.

Sage travels anyone who may be venturing out tot the game. Wrap up warm ❄️❄️

One of the most nervous games of the season is almost upon us, why it should be I've no idea - Everton are a decent side and are probably eyeing up a top six finish but they aren't going to win any pots this season and yet they present the sort of challenge few other sides manage. Strange.

City have won our last nine at home in the Premier League, scoring 33 goals in the process, but we haven't beaten Everton at home in the league in our last three attempts.