Manchester City v Chelsea - Saturday 17th February 2024 - 17:30 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 7 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Chelsea - Saturday 17th February 2024 - 17:30 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Possible handball
We were never going to get any decisions tonight. From the get go the ref let loads of Chelsea fouls go. Chilwell manhandled Haaland at a corner. Caicedo hacked down KDB - bookable foul (& a second yellow) but because play went on for a while the ref didn’t deal with it. Last minute - forget the handball but before he moved hos hand to the ball he was holding Dias’s shirt. I thought THAT was not allowed?

We were never going to get any decisions tonight. From the get go the ref let loads of Chelsea fouls go. Chilwell manhandled Haaland at a corner. Caicedo hacked down KDB - bookable foul but becasue play went on for a while the ref didn’t deal with it. Last minute - forget the handball but before he moved hos hand to the ball he was holding Dias’s shirt. I thought THAT was not allowed?
Its usually water off a duck's back to me, but tonight, we were royally bent over.

One whole point?!!
Wow, that is a huge chasm we face! 😱
We need to up our GD. Recent results for Dips & Arse have left us trailing. GD is worth an extra point - we know this only too well.

Teams are all sitting deep and exploiting our patient, slow build up so unless we secure an early 2-0 lead they will employ the same tactic. We had one really fast break at the weekend and the Viking couldn’t tuck it away (it was a tough ask) - but these are rarities these days.

We need to up our GD. Recent results for Dips & Arse have left us trailing. GD is worth an extra point - we know this only too well.

Teams are all sitting deep and exploiting our patient, slow build up so unless we secure an early 2-0 lead they will employ the same tactic. We had one really fast break at the weekend and the Viking couldn’t tuck it away (it was a tough ask) - but these are rarities these days.
I see the point you are making but there’s still a long way to go and I don’t see the need to panic…just yet.