Manchester City v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 20th Jan @ 6pm | Page 13 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 20th Jan @ 6pm

Sir Dennis jnr made a good point. He said Barkley reminds him of McGinn when he came back from his injury last season.

In not sure we can defend like that for another half. Need to at least retain the ball better. City press up and give you no time at all and when we get past that on the break we look threatening.

I think McGinn and Douglas look terrible but they may have been affected more than most

It’s one of those games where they just have to be a body, and do their best when on the ball. It isn’t a game that they are going to win, that’s down to Ollie or Ross to break away and pinch a goal

It’s one of those games where they just have to be a body, and do their best when on the ball. It isn’t a game that they are going to win, that’s down to Ollie or Ross to break away and pinch a goal
Agree they need to be part of a back 6 but their passing has been poor

I personally think Deano will not be happy with that, he's a tough taskmaster and we have been giving them the ball
I don't want to curse it, but we have come out fighting second half so far this season. I expect more impact second half, just as others have said, it will be a tough call to keep our legs in this after the forced holiday.

Things aren't working out for Ross tonight. Missing some easy stuff. Not going to berate him yet though. He's been out of action for a while now

Happy with that bar some infuriatingly sloppy passing but whereas in past seasons we all knew that they’d probably score as the game went on and that would be that....always now fancy us to score at some point as we break so well. Got into some really decent positions in that half. Defensively, been absolutely superb.