Manchester City - Bournemouth - Premier League - Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Bournemouth - Premier League - Post Match Thread

DOKU'S DAY!​

Goals: 1
Assists: 4
Passes: 35
Chances created: 5
Successful dribbles: 4/4
Ground duels won: 6/7

We do our research that’s for sure. He has such quick feet and keeps the ball so close to them - he has fitted in seamlessly along with Gvardiol.

Of our new players he is an absolute star. Kovacic is functional, not ripping up any trees bit for me of all our recent signings Nunes needs to raise his game. To lightweight, too casual, needs to put in another 20%.

And take his gloves off.

FT: Man City 6-1 Bournemouth
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Nathan Ake tells Match of the Day he doesn't know what Erling Haaland's injury is but hopes it is "nothing serious" for the Norwegian because he is such an "important player" for City.
I didn’t see anything major.

He ran onto a through ball into the penalty area. Chose not to hit it first time but his touch was heavy. As it ran away from him he stretched to get his shot off and in doing so went to ground along with the defender who blocked the shot.

They showed him sat on the ground - he didn’t seem to be in pain or holding anything at the time - just his usual frustration at missing a chance to score. So not sure if it’s muscular or a slight knock from the block. Hopefully nothing too serious and our medical team will get him sorted.

'The punishment was too severe'​

ab574b8f-cb53-43ac-861c-8af0ed334702.jpg

Bournemouth
Bournemouth boss Andoni Iraola speaking to BBC Match of the Day:
"I don't think the game should've ended the way it did, the punishment was too severe! Almost every time they had a clear chance they scored.
"We made the mistake to start to think we were defending well because we were compact and we can do that for 25-30 minutes. But we lacked some aggression, we were better in the second half. They scored three but it's more the style of the team. We were not threatening them.
"Second half players tried everything. They had the disallowed goal, the crossbar, scored one. The moment you think you are doing well and think you can push more and score another they punish you. They were clinical in key moments and I don't think we deserved 6-1 but whenever you face these kind of teams it can happen."
On Alex Scott injury: "We will have to check, it's the other knee [not the same knee as last injury]. Not the same kind of injury, he felt it in the inside of the knee. Let's hope it's something minor but we can't say too much before checking."

'Makes you think, how good can they be again this season?​

43855bbf-cc0b-4231-9991-4d6613944404.jpg

Danny Murphy
Former England midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Report
All around the pitch Man City have so much confidence and grace in the way they play.
The best game I've seen Doku play for City so far since he arrived in the summer. So skillful, so confident, so much quality. They have real competition in those wide areas now.
Bernardo Silva too, I'm just running out of words to describe him. So good to watch, so intelligent, a wonderful footballer.
All this is going on while Kevin de Bruyne is sat in the stands, and it makes you wonder, "Gosh, how good can they be again this season?"

So, Buzz says 5, Skoorb says 1.
Shall I compromise and give him 3???
I thought he was on a 5 for the season not fir this game alone .....hmmm.

He wasn't faced with too many hard decisions to get wrong. On the plus side he booked a Bournemouth player for not retreating from a free kick which is rare but he let a lot of holding go in general play so I am happy to raise my rating to :clown::clown:

'Doku understands game really well'​

74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to Sky Sports about Jeremy Doku:
"What surprised me the most is how clever he is when he has to take a decision, it's really good. He applies feedback immediately, he understands the game really well. I don't want to change how he is, every game he has played he has played well especially here at home."
Erling Haaland injury: "Hopefully not a big issue."
On conceding the goal: "It happens. Football is not perfection. We made a mistake, we will correct.
"This team surprise me a lot. After 11 games we are close, we will see another weekend. Top of the league, Champions League we have done what we need to do. We have incredible captains leading, training is so good, every training session is good. In training they think 'oh my mate could play' and they don't want that. It's competitive the hunger is there."

I thought he was on a 5 for the season not fir this game alone .....hmmm.

He wasn't faced with too many hard decisions to get wrong. On the plus side he booked a Bournemouth player for not retreating from a free kick which is rare but he let a lot of holding go in general play so I am happy to raise my rating to :clown::clown:
No it was my misunderstanding of Buzz;s words. We’re sticking with your 1 :clown: .

GOAL GLUT UNDER GUARDIOLA​

City have scored 6+ goals in a game for the 12th time under Pep Guardiola in the Premier League, with only Alex Ferguson (14) and Arsène Wenger (13) taking charge of more such matches in the competition.
We have also had a 3+ goal lead at half-time in 28 games in the Premier League since Pep Guardiola took charge, almost twice as many times as any other side during this period (Tottenham, 15).

I wish they had put in perspective in terms of how many games Sir Alex and M. Wenger were in charge of to get that record.

YOUNGEST TO DO IT

With one goal and four assists at the age of 21 years and 161 days, Jeremy Doku became both the youngest player in Premier League history with five goal involvements in a single game, as well as the youngest player to assist four goals in a single game.

Sky Sports

Player ratings
Man City:
Ederson (6), Walker (7), Akanji (8), Stones (7), Ake (6), Rodri (8), Kovacic (7), Bernardo (9), Alavarez (7), Haaland (6), Doku (10)

Subs:
Foden (8), Lewis (7), Nunes (7), Phillips (6), Bobb (n/a)

Manchester Evening News
Player Ratings

Man City:
Ederson (6), Walker (6), Akanji (7), Stones (7), Ake (7), Rodri (7), Kovacic (6), Bernardo (9), Alavarez (7), Haaland (6), Doku (9)

Subs:
Foden (7), Lewis (7), Nunes (6), Phillips (6), Bobb 7)

Cancel that - they are showing the Barcodes v Arse so no they are saved the dilemma of which to choose as Game of the Day

A pretty straightfoward win today.

AFCB only had a little dig when three down, they were disappointing otherwise.
I must admit I thought Solanki, their number 9, had a reasonable game with his hold up play.

Doku and Bernardo were the stand outs, the second goal was the best of the six for me, and the pass of the day Doku to Bernardo for his second.

It seems the problem with Haaland was his groin, so he could be a doubt next weekend with Chelsea, but I certainly wouldn't risk him in midweek against Young Boys.

Top of the league until Monday night at least.