Managerial merry go round | Page 162 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Amazing how some clubs operate. Sack the manager and appoint another one 2 hours later. Remember our process? (Edit That’s not meant as a criticism on us).

Thumped Wealdstone 4-0 to get their manager the sack and keep their survival hopes alive,

Boreham Wood followed that win with a 3-0 away win at Aldershot and a 0-0 draw away to Rochdale.

1 point adrift of safety with one game left and playing at home to Ebbsfleet who are two places and two points above them, so if they win, they are safe.

The incredible escape is still on. Will Luke Garrard get offered an extension if he keeps them up?

He'll struggle to replicate this season at Stevenage so he's gone out on a high and at the best they're likely to be. He's probably looked at the league next season with Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield coming up and decided it'll be a tough gig with them in L1 next season.

Can't be a coincidence that as soon as Stevenage's PO hopes are over and he's gone, it's obviously been the pipeline for a while.

He loves it there, though. Gets them out of L1 but they get rid of him in the Championship. Not exactly a long term outlook is it.

He'll struggle to replicate this season at Stevenage so he's gone out on a high and at the best they're likely to be. He's probably looked at the league next season with Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield coming up and decided it'll be a tough gig with them in L1 next season.

Can't be a coincidence that as soon as Stevenage's PO hopes are over and he's gone, it's obviously been the pipeline for a while.

He loves it there, though. Gets them out of L1 but they get rid of him in the Championship. Not exactly a long term outlook is it.
I can understand him leaving.. just the timing now seems pointless and a bit disrespectful to Stevenage.

Surprised he hasn't stayed till at least end of season. He has obviously realised that they can't get into playoffs.
Don't think it is good news for us as can't imagine what player mindset will be like at Stevenage now.

Stevenage have been in terrible form. What makes people think this is bad for us? Personally I think this is great timing. Players often play better after a manager leaves as they have to prove themselves to the new manager, particularly at this stage of the season with decisions to be made on contracts over the summer.

Makes the ethics of rooting for Stevenage on Friday easier to manage.

But extraordinary timing. Wonder if he took the call mid-training, or during discussions about next season's budget. Loyalty, eh? Evans proves again what an odious individual he is.

I've had Friday's match as the least likely of Oxford's 2 games for them to drop points but it will be interesting to see Stevenage's response to this, though for next season they're probably now relegation candidates.

The advantage for Friday is the game is on TV.

No matter who the manager the Stevenage players will have got themselves a fresh haircut, a top up of their fake tan to appear on TV with and are bound to continue to give 100% for this game as they will be playing in front of the cameras.

Makes the ethics of rooting for Stevenage on Friday easier to manage.

But extraordinary timing. Wonder if he took the call mid-training, or during discussions about next season's budget. Loyalty, eh? Evans proves again what an odious individual he is.

I've had Friday's match as the least likely of Oxford's 2 games for them to drop points but it will be interesting to see Stevenage's response to this, though for next season they're probably now relegation candidates.
I bet he was dropping off the kids in the training ground bogs no doubt after one of his heathly breakfasts