Managerial merry go round | Page 148 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Comedy gold at Camberwick Green Rovers! Deeny out after 6 games.
What's the odds on Lee Johnson pitching up there?
Let's be honest if he'd been Joey, some of us would have had a pop at him about how he spoke. However as manager of Village....fill your boots man you absolute legend.

Agree, start low. But then, also get the right chairman. esp after how ‘just keep them up’ worked out at huddersfield.
I also thought there was something about not moving the children again at this point in their education. If so, that applies to Colchester and Bradford.

personally think where they have ended up vindicates us not taking them, to an extent (I.e not birmingham lol). scubala yet to vindicate us taking him of course, but he is still in the wait and see couple of months phase imo.

Charlton have signed six players this window including Conor Coventry and Lewis Fiorini; Appleton had an input there, I am sure. Hope the new manager likes them too.

Charlton have signed six players this window including Conor Coventry and Lewis Fiorini; Appleton had an input there, I am sure. Hope the new manager likes them too.

Exactly. That's why I thought he might get a few more weeks.

The guy really is an enigma. Sacked from just about every manager's job he has had (apart from Oxford I think), with the fans happy to see him go each time.

Just because of the one great season he gave us, I hope he will eventually learn why he can't keep a job - stubbornness, poor man management, and total disinterest in building any kind of relationship with supporters.

Unfortunately its probably too late for him to change.

Local media denying the rumour around Appleton - for the time being. Certainly not a happy camp there, there was one post on their forum last week that listed basically everything we found here for two out of three seasons i.e. can't defend set pieces, don't stop crosses, too open in midfield, can't put 90 minute performances in, too lightweight in midfield etc.

As for Taylor, not surprised with that. They're underlying numbers are very poor and unsustainable despite their league position.

I feel like Appleton being a bit abrasive also makes it hard if there are teething problems or performances don't start great.

I think the football he plays can also take a little while to get going.

I was expecting him to get a bit of time with the signings they have made, all of which seem to have had his input, but losing 2-0 to Burton isn't a great look. Just seen Burton only had 27% of possession. Maybe he'll be given tomorrow's game against Northampton to get something positive.

I feel like Appleton being a bit abrasive also makes it hard if there are teething problems or performances don't start great.

I think the football he plays can also take a little while to get going.

He’s also too stubborn, he will not change style of play regardless of how bad it is going.