Managerial merry go round | Page 5 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

I've been pondering this to an extent that if he does go elsewhere at this point in time then a certain amount of disillusionment will set in with me. Disillusionment in so far as trying to get my club to a higher level. If we can't keep a management team in place for a sustained period then what hope have we got to progress.

i’m sure that we all want Michael to stay for many years but even if he does leave, the club has progressed to the point that not everything hinges on one man to stay on an upward trajectory.

When the Cowleys left, I sat opposite Jamie McCombe who was in the dugout at Rochdale and feared the worst but Appleton has taken us to another level.

I hope that eventually we will even grow our own Managerial successor but the Directors have Jez George in place and I am sure we‘ll be a very attractive proposition to many up and coming coaches and managers (like App) when the time comes.

There's not a chance in hell that West Brom would take a gamble (for that is what it is) on Michael Appleton. They will almost certainly be going for someone like Chris Wilder.

Would be a pain in the arse if he leaves. Would also go against a lot of what he's said about his previous job decisions prior to coming here.

However, £700k would be most welcome, the board have shown already that they're highly skilled at choosing managers and as we know, no one is irreplaceable, best time of the year for it to happen too.

If rather he stayed, and I suspect he will. If he leaves we'll move on, that's the game!

I know Lincoln admire Michael Duff, who has surely taken Cheltenham as far as he can. But I would be very surprised if WBA do go for MA, and partly surprised if he wants to go there at this point.