Managerial merry go round | Page 116 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Yeah a few FGR fans seemed to think maybe differences around recruitment. Definitely seems like it might be structural stuff.
Their recruitment and contract situations last summer was very odd. Seemed to ditch a lot of the team which had got them promoted in good fashion.

Think they were the only promoted team to be relegated?

Hannah Dingley appointed caretaker manager at FGR.
It would have been a good bet that FGR would be the first team to appoint a female manager. Ticks even more boxes for the club profile, would have been interesting if they had stayed up to play Bristol Rovers and Stevenage with the likeable Joey Barton and Steve Evans in the dugout next door.

I am sure Hannah Dingley has been appointed for her coaching skill, experience and position as head of their Academy for the last 4 years, despite the fact that she is female, not because she is female.

The world has moved on and talented individuals from both sexes are capable of doing a range of different jobs.

I wish her every success and applaud her for a well-deserved appointment.

I am sure Hannah Dingley has been appointed for her coaching skill, experience and position as head of their Academy for the last 4 years, despite the fact that she is female, not because she is female.

The world has moved on and talented individuals from both sexes are capable of doing a range of different jobs.

Well said cherry

Good luck to her. There is no reason why she shouldn't be as good as a male manager. I think it is a step forwards.
But changing subject slightly every team we see playing at sincil bank normally has several black players playing for them, as we do. But we very rarely see a black manager in the dugout.
I bet when Keith got the job at Lincoln he probably thought that in years to come there would be a lot more black managers alas it hasn't happened.
Football started in Victorian times and sometimes it is still stuck in it.

Having her required badges and coaching competency is the easy part though. Handling egotistical bull headed males full of their own self worth with over inflated opinions of their own abilities is another thing entirely. She will need balls of steel to handle a male dominated changing room. (Excuse the expression)

Good luck to her. There is no reason why she shouldn't be as good as a male manager. I think it is a step forwards.
But changing subject slightly every team we see playing at sincil bank normally has several black players playing for them, as we do. But we very rarely see a black manager in the dugout.
I bet when Keith got the job at Lincoln he probably thought that in years to come there would be a lot more black managers alas it hasn't happened.
Football started in Victorian times and sometimes it is still stuck in it.

To be honest I don't think that it's anything to do with racism as to why there are not that many black managers in the game it's just simply that there are many, many more 'white' managers available for jobs than black managers, just simple statistics.

I also don't believe in having a certain amount of black managers having to be on the shortlist of certain jobs.

I think that's an insult to the black manager. None of them would want any favourable conditions as to why they got the job or not.

The only way black managers will get a job is to be the best candidate for that job and statistically that goes against them at the moment.

The problem with Vince is that he loves to be the first at everything and the publicity that comes with it. It's always 'first this, first that' so it's hard to look at this as anything other than a publicity stunt and token gesture (whilst also recognising who he's appointed has been at FGR for four years and does seem a logical temporary replacement).

He was wittering on about appointing a female manager two or three years ago and he'd have been waiting for an opening like this to tick off another 'first'.

I hope she is offered a long term contract on Sky high money. I also hope she crashes and burns and FGR are bottom of the table after 12 games and heading back to non league. Nothing to do with her being female, I would wish the same on anyone who manages FGR. Don’t like the chairman, don’t like the club, don’t like the two faced double standards they hide behind.

I hope she is offered a long term contract on Sky high money. I also hope she crashes and burns and FGR are bottom of the table after 12 games and heading back to non league. Nothing to do with her being female, I would wish the same on anyone who manages FGR. Don’t like the chairman, don’t like the club, don’t like the two faced double standards they hide behind.
I liked this post so much a simple like didn't seem enough. My only proviso is I don't want her doing so badly that she's gone by November. Let her have the season and FGR a miserable bottom six finish. As I said in an earlier post I would be very unhappy should the Cowleys go there and that was my immediate thought when I heard Big Dunc was leaving.