Managerial merry go round | Page 167 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

after something iThe were last in division 4, 20 years ago 😳

I remember the buzz I felt at half time in that play-off semi final. I think the only other time I've felt it so strongly was after winning at Walsall under Schoey, and the Ipswich cup game as Nathan Arnold rounded their keeper.

Still think that Peter Jackson was the right appointment for us, but his really serious illness took his edge - as I think it would most people with something like that. Just fate for him and us.

Not tactics, motivator yes, tactical genius no.
Made some bloody awful signings too and treated some players very badly.
Agree about the cancer, similar to Appleton

Still think that Peter Jackson was the right appointment for us, but his really serious illness took his edge - as I think it would most people with something like that. Just fate for him and us.

I think the loss of Neil McDonald as his assistant also was a turning point. As David pointed out Jacko could do the motivation but I suspect that the majority of the tactical nous came from McDonald

Now in silly season time when quite a few Managers depart or move elsewhere. Can't see how tan Hag can survive especially if they lose to Arsenal today.
Slightly off topic but where have all the Man U supporters gone?
Not so long ago they were everywhere and in your face about how they are the greatest team since sliced bread and always will be. Almost as rare a dodo now!

Now in silly season time when quite a few Managers depart or move elsewhere. Can't see how tan Hag can survive especially if they lose to Arsenal today.
Not so long ago they were everywhere and in your face about how they are the greatest team since sliced bread and always will be. Almost as rare a dodo now!

They are still about, I was up in the Bailgate last Monday and must have seen at least 5 different people with Man U shirts on. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing them lose, Hag should get the freedom of the city and sign a longer 50 year contract IMO.

I think the question is how many will Arsenal score today. 15/2 for a home win is FA cup 3rd round territory 🤣

What I love about coming to Lincoln is seeing pretty well just Imps (and even Lincoln United) shirts, caps, etc.

I've been in Reading visiting (new!) family and the only football shirts I saw were Man U. Though apparently one of the fellow newborns left hospital in full Reading kit...

They've got Liverpool or Forrest shirts on now.

What I love about coming to Lincoln is seeing pretty well just Imps (and even Lincoln United) shirts, caps, etc.

I've been in Reading visiting (new!) family and the only football shirts I saw were Man U. Though apparently one of the fellow newborns left hospital in full Reading kit...
Are there more or less City shirts around town compared to the Cowley years. Can’t say as I never go into town these days.

Decent appointment for them, although he didn't have too good a start at Barnsley I don't think.

Not the move away from the more direct style of football that they seem to want there, though.

Im pretty confident graham potter will go there