Man United v Tottenham | Vital Football

Man United v Tottenham

You have to hope not. Llorente just isn't the right fit without the players supporting him - I genuinely think Janssen would have been better on the "Kane role" than Llorente is.

The game itself is nowore important than ever. We are out of a cup losing to a sh!t show of a side who seem to always get one over on us and we've lost our momentum. We have to win to keep pressure on city and build some distance between us and the rest of the chasing pack.

Lose this and we fall back into the group and have our heads low for Madrid. Lose that too and the NLD starts to look a bit of a grim prospect on the horizon

FFS, I have to agree with the terrible out look if Kane is indeed unfit for this weekend and the Real game.

I remember saying at the time we played Le Piss that Harry should've been off earlier to preserve.

I’ll be surprised if Kane plays. I think everyone could see he was feeling his hamstring and if that was the case then it needs to heal properly and be managed properly in the future. No doubt Mourinho will have a plan to play us so it will be interesting to see if Poch has one for them. Without Kane, Alli playing like a schoolboy and Llorente seemingly out of touch with the rest of the team this will be a challenge to say the least.

Without Kane we will do well to get a point, with Kane we have a chance of nicking it, either way they will play defensive again.

This has got 0-0 or 1-0 Utd (dodgy penalty probably) written all over it,

Kane is out. We are in **** lol I say do a Mourinho and go for the 0-0...

_________Lloris
___Toby, Sanchez, Jan
Trippier_________Davies
_______Dier_Winks
__________Dele
_____Eriksen__Son

ScottDaYid - 27/10/2017 10:30

Kane is out. We are in **** lol I say do a Mourinho and go for the 0-0...

_________Lloris
___Toby, Sanchez, Jan
Trippier_________Davies
_______Dier_Winks
__________Dele
_____Eriksen__Son

yep, agree - let's do a Special one - 10 men behind the ball, snuff the game out, but then go for them on the counter...

Llorente is going to have to shine this time and that will mean getting crosses onto his head and him doing alot more than he did against the spam...

We can still score and win without Kane, but we can not afford to concede.

Spurs win 2-0.

This won't be popular but if we are going for the counter we could do with Sissoko playing. Both him and Son are impressive on the break. They could cause problems for their defence and with Eriksen and Alli linking up anything can happen.

Same game plan as we had against Dortmund and Real. Man Utd aren't without their own injury problems so it's not clear cut. If we play a defensive counter attacking game, we'd be mad not to start Llorente and Sonny so Llorente can do the same job as he did against Real. Sonny's pace will be key, along with Eriksen's creativity.

Go for the smart draw.

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Aurier - Dier - Winks - Davies
Eriksen
Llorente - Son

We may see Dele start deeper instead of Winks though.

Nick Real Deal - 27/10/2017 11:56

This won't be popular but if we are going for the counter we could do with Sissoko playing. Both him and Son are impressive on the break. They could cause problems for their defence and with Eriksen and Alli linking up anything can happen.

I'm with you Nick - I think Sissoko physical presence and his direct running could well give them problems - of course I'm overlooking the problems some of his play gives us! LOL! :10:

Dembele always steps up against Utd though, and with a combination of Matic, Herrera and Carrick we need to make sure we win that battle in the middle.

Dembele and Winks would be great as keeping the possession and Dier for winning it back.

I'd quite like to see:

--------------- Lloris---------------
-------Dave---Toby----Jan------
Trips---------Dier-------Davies
-------Winks---Alli----Dembele-----
-----------------Son---------------

The width in essence all comes from the full backs and there are 4 midfielders all capable of putting in a defensive shift.

We'd be hard to knock of possession and sh!t hot at winning it back.

We are playing away from home against a side second in the league and without our goal scorer. We should strangle them with possession for 70 mins, tire them out and then throw on Llorente and Sissoko to completely switch it up

Spursex - 27/10/2017 12:05

Nick Real Deal - 27/10/2017 11:56

I'm with you Nick - I think Sissoko physical presence and his direct running could well give them problems - of course I'm overlooking the problems some of his play gives us! LOL! :10:

I'm not so sure. I'd rather Pochettino kept Daddy Long Legs on the bench and only brought him on if all else fails.

No kane ffs. Oh man i was so confident we would beat them with him on form. Llorente or son whoever starts up front needs to bo on his best game

No Kane, not even sure it's worth watching now.

Let's hope Harry isn't out for his usual 6 weeks or so, it's always 6 weeks or so :23:

Taricco
I had the same confident feeling like u after last Sun against Liverfools but now shattered.
After 30 plus years of nearly there and then not there, eally wonder whether any bugger put a curse on Spurs. Why cant we be like Leicester who went through whole season without any serious ****.
Oh well, on with it. Lets hope we dont help them with some silly mistakes or some ****ty referee decisions

Matic - 27/10/2017 12:03

Same game plan as we had against Dortmund and Real. Man Utd aren't without their own injury problems so it's not clear cut. If we play a defensive counter attacking game, we'd be mad not to start Llorente and Sonny so Llorente can do the same job as he did against Real. Sonny's pace will be key, along with Eriksen's creativity.

Go for the smart draw.

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Eriksen
Llorente - Son

Yeah, I quite like that line up.....if llorente plays then we must play to his strengths..... I know I am beating the same old drum but I REALLY hope sissoko doesn't start, others may see something in him, but I can't see anything that is of benefit to us...... I also think it would or should make dele understand that he has to be on his game or else he won't start.
Lastly, whilst I would rather Harry was available, if memory serves me right last season we did OK without him!

total spurs - 27/10/2017 17:15

Matic - 27/10/2017 12:03

Go for the smart draw.

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Eriksen
Llorente - Son

Yeah, I quite like that line up.....if llorente plays then we must play to his strengths..... I know I am beating the same old drum but I REALLY hope sissoko doesn't start, others may see something in him, but I can't see anything that is of benefit to us...... I also think it would or should make dele understand that he has to be on his game or else he won't start.
Lastly, whilst I would rather Harry was available, if memory serves me right last season we did OK without him!

What will benefit us from Sissoko is pace and strength. You did see his goal ? That's potentially what we could get. He may come on later as a sub though. Depends how brave Poch is. We have a very good defence when our first choice team plays . Jose will be wary, he don't want to be humiliated.

Need to win this or we are out the title hunt already as a City win sees them 8 clear and we are fighting for the top 4 again.

I assume those who are happy we are out the league cup will be demanding a win as we are only in for the big trophies.

If Kane was playing I would be fairly confident of a win, now I am not confident but hopeful.

Going out of the Haribo will benefit us further down the line, not tomorrow.

How can you demand a win with Kane out ?