Maloney | Page 40 | Vital Football

Maloney

Does Pearce's contract end this summer.

There is a line in the accounts that implies that some 'expensive' player contracts, will not end this summer.

Does Pearce's contract end this summer.

There is a line in the accounts that implies that some 'expensive' player contracts, will not end this summer.

I noticed that but unless there is an extension trigger clause on someone's contract we don't know about. the only first players under contract beyond the summer are:

Tickle
Robinson
Hughes
Clare
Sessegon
Adeeko
Scott Smith
Matt Smith
Johnny Smith
Aasgaard
Sze
Stones

With the exception of Tickle who is unlikely to be on big money, the rest all signed their current contract since Danson took over. But maybe we gave Hughes and Aasgaard bigger contracts than we really wanted to, to ensure they didn't hand in their notice and walk out like Whatmough and co did. Both got contracts under the previous regime so would've been on good money and probably wouldn't signed new deals for a pay cut.

Mcmanaman will sign another deal I’m certain of that. I’d like to keep Kerr but I think that is very unlikely. Will Jones get a Championship move? Lower end perhaps but over the years his track record hasn’t been great. Humphrys could perhaps secure a move to the league above as he’s decent when on it. Effectively to sign those three it would be on far inferior contracts so I suspect all three will move on. Other than that we’ll certain miss some of the loanees but certainly not the carthorse up front.

I’d be looking at giving Tickle a new deal as I don’t think the market this summer will be conducive to a sale at the values we want for him and Hughes.

That would explain the comment in the Accounts about high wages being an issue after the end of this season.

We all forget about Pearce when discussing high wages players
Let’s pray it’s not josh. Jones and Kerr Humphreys Are definitely out of contract. So if it’s more than one that leaves Charlie. I did hear a Rumour. That due to insurance he had fresh contract talks. Not sure how true.

How much has Kelland Watts got paid this Season?
he's hardly been in the 1st team squad.

I never understood why we brought him back as we knew from his previous time here he wasn't the type of centre back able to play out like Maloney wanted. So I'm not really surprised he's not featured much as he was a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

But very disappointed that Morrison who is everything that Maloney does want hasn't been used more.

I never understood why we brought him back as we knew from his previous time here he wasn't the type of centre back able to play out like Maloney wanted. So I'm not really surprised he's not featured much as he was a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

But very disappointed that Morrison who is everything that Maloney does want hasn't been used more.
Morrison as been one of the class players this season bet he can’t wait to get out the door

Could it be that Morrison has a clause in the loan agreement that triggers an extra payment that we can't afford to pay ?

He could be being kept out of the starting line up with both Hughes and Kerr able to play a similar role.

Just a thought.

Morrison as been one of the class players this season bet he can’t wait to get out the door

If we've been told that there's no way he'll be allowed to come back next year by Bayern then at this stage of the season i'd get not using him. But he's only had 1 start since mid January and been left off the bench most weeks when we still had plenty to play for, which is a real shame as i think him and Hughes have been our strongest central defensive partnership.

Could it be that Morrison has a clause in the loan agreement that triggers an extra payment that we can't afford to pay ?

He could be being kept out of the starting line up with both Hughes and Kerr able to play a similar role.

Just a thought.

We weren't allowed to pay any type of loan fee, so i doubt we'd have been allowed to take any loan that had payment clauses in it, as it would potentially open up a loop hole to get around the embargo.

Maloney took Morrison out of the team a couple of times before Kerr got back fit and Goode arrived so i get the impression that Shaun has never been 100% sold on him and he's just fallen down the pecking order.

We weren't allowed to pay any type of loan fee, so i doubt we'd have been allowed to take any loan that had payment clauses in it, as it would potentially open up a loop hole to get around the embargo.

Maloney took Morrison out of the team a couple of times before Kerr got back fit and Goode arrived so i get the impression that Shaun has never been 100% sold on him and he's just fallen down the pecking order.

It is strange that Morrison seems to have just dropped down the order and I must say that his early performances seemed to show promise and very much in the style of play that Maloney wants.

Perhaps then it is simply that Maloney wants to develop players that have a chance of being on the books next season and Morrison doesn't fit that mould.