Making Friends | Page 2 | Vital Football

Making Friends

The only football sky have nowadays is this and Leeds United. If you don’t like cricket or darts or WWE or Kabaddi or whatever then it’s pointless.

FLA proudly "defending our honour"?

No wonder the EU aren't offering us a good deal. Probably glad to see the back of us.

Embarrassing - again.

"Ooh, the nasty police overreacted to our boisterous behaviour".

Nealrly as bad as the Bullingdon club.
I doubt the FLA went. Too busy appearing on/watching Jeremy Kyle

Pathetic comments from the usual Left leaners, typically anti-English. Some silly behaviour from England fans, but very minor disorder and, yes, as ever in spain (we’ve seen it since the 1982 onwards), over the top and brutal policing...

Be interested to understand what you think is an acceptable level of disorder and whether you'd like it outside your front door.

And aren't right-wingers supposed to support the police cracking down on all law-breakers? Or are you a closet lefty?

Massive and misdirected reaction from Steve. I personally made no link with Brexit and have always supported England. The world cup was a turning point in making the experience more enjoyable again.

Anyone denying that England are beginning to attract unwelcome support again has their head in the sand. Banning orders are rising and that was the second such inncident after Netherlands.

Wonderful result last night good to feel proud about the team again but we need the authorities to get rid of the idiots before they cause us real damage.

Be interested to understand what you think is an acceptable level of disorder and whether you'd like it outside your front door.

And aren't right-wingers supposed to support the police cracking down on all law-breakers? Or are you a closet lefty?
Well said Skullduggery. Just a bit boisterous eh? I'm sick and tired of these (minority) of fans ruining it for others and besmirching our reputation. I know of an innocent Chelsea fan who ended up getting teargassed when the scum element caused all that trouble in a Champs league game a couple of years ago.

I accept my little EU dig was provocative and unnecessary. Mind you, I would bet a small fortune that the troublemakers were strongly pro Leave.

I am a big England fan since being allowed to "stay up late" in July 1966 to watch our 0 0 v Uruguay. Criticising the scum element doesn't make me anti England. Far from it.

I will admit to finding some of the friendlies in recent years a crushing bore so don't make the effort of going down the pub to watch it. This new format seems to be a breath of fresh air.

For how to support your team in another country I would use the Croatians fans in the 2007 Euro qualifier. Absolutely fantastic. They looked pretty scary but didn't feel the need to come out with the boorish (and that's putting it mildly) behaviour that some of our "fans" do.

I love being English and a fan of England. Somehow I combine that with being a "leftie" too.

Massive and misdirected reaction from Steve. I personally made no link with Brexit and have always supported England. The world cup was a turning point in making the experience more enjoyable again.

Anyone denying that England are beginning to attract unwelcome support again has their head in the sand. Banning orders are rising and that was the second such inncident after Netherlands.

Wonderful result last night good to feel proud about the team again but we need the authorities to get rid of the idiots before they cause us real damage.

Not misdirected at all. You chose to create a thread and have a pop at England fans and exaggerate some very minor disorder - the last I saw on the news last night was that there were no arrests or injuries as a result of the disorder. Whilst I don't condone bad behaviour, this, in the scheme of things, was very minor and my sense is the real aim of your post was to have a pop at the FLA (from a leftist point of view hence my comments), which I am personally indifferent about, but regardless, it had little to do with the match last night. I don't disagree about getting rid of the idiots, but in the scheme of things, the behaviour in Spain was a poor example and nothing compared to previous shenanigans from England's hoolies.

Well said Skullduggery. Just a bit boisterous eh? I'm sick and tired of these (minority) of fans ruining it for others and besmirching our reputation. I know of an innocent Chelsea fan who ended up getting teargassed when the scum element caused all that trouble in a Champs league game a couple of years ago.

I accept my little EU dig was provocative and unnecessary. Mind you, I would bet a small fortune that the troublemakers were strongly pro Leave.

I am a big England fan since being allowed to "stay up late" in July 1966 to watch our 0 0 v Uruguay. Criticising the scum element doesn't make me anti England. Far from it.

I will admit to finding some of the friendlies in recent years a crushing bore so don't make the effort of going down the pub to watch it. This new format seems to be a breath of fresh air.

For how to support your team in another country I would use the Croatians fans in the 2007 Euro qualifier. Absolutely fantastic. They looked pretty scary but didn't feel the need to come out with the boorish (and that's putting it mildly) behaviour that some of our "fans" do.

I love being English and a fan of England. Somehow I combine that with being a "leftie" too.

Yes, "a bit boisterous" - hence no arrests or injuries reported by the authorities in Spain. However, if you and others want to use it and exaggerate it to have a pop at what you perceive to be right wing organisations like the FLA, you are going to get some comeback.

Maybe you're right about the "troublemakers" views on Brexit, but counter meaningless analogies could easily be made - for example, I bet most people in this country who are unpatriotic and don't like England/Britain are pro-remain/anti-Brexit. It's also interesting that you slate England fans for their poor behaviour yesterday (with no arrests or injuries), yet praise Croatia fans to the hilt for their behaviour 11 years ago - I'd suggest some of their recent behaviour (surely the crowd at Friday's match and reasons for it, didn't escape you?) makes England fans' behaviour in Seville pale into insignificance.

It's also interesting that you slate England fans for their poor behaviour yesterday (with no arrests or injuries), yet praise Croatia fans to the hilt for their behaviour 11 years ago - I'd suggest some of their recent behaviour (surely the crowd at Friday's match and reasons for it, didn't escape you?) makes England fans' behaviour in Seville pale into insignificance.

There was no trouble at Friday's match though, was there!

;)

Not misdirected at all. You chose to create a thread and have a pop at England fans and exaggerate some very minor disorder - the last I saw on the news last night was that there were no arrests or injuries as a result of the disorder. Whilst I don't condone bad behaviour, this, in the scheme of things, was very minor and my sense is the real aim of your post was to have a pop at the FLA (from a leftist point of view hence my comments), which I am personally indifferent about, but regardless, it had little to do with the match last night. I don't disagree about getting rid of the idiots, but in the scheme of things, the behaviour in Spain was a poor example and nothing compared to previous shenanigans from England's hoolies.

EU? I never mentioned them, or Brexit.

Interesting to read your bizarre stream of right wing consciousness rant and the things you chose to have a go at in defence of FLA. The last time these sort of numbskulls started trying to attach themselves to our game and our national team we had to endure years of having our experience of football made miserable. You keep your prejudices but they are way off the mark on this issue.

Seville is a great city to enjoy a night out and clowns lobbing chairs, abusing people and behaving loutishly is pathetic. It appears the police were very understanding if they chose not to make arrests.

Seville is one of my favourite cities in Europe.
I'm actually going there next month.
We are doing a little tour of Valencia, Cartagena, Cadiz and Seville.
Shame that a few morons try to spoil it for the rest, but that's life.

You can’t say they spoilt it for the rest last night when you don’t know the scale of disorder!

STEVE TREACLE - Please answer my questions as you seem to have answered those since I posted mine.

STEVE TREACLE - Please answer my questions as you seem to have answered those since I posted mine.

I'm not an agony aunt, I'm not obliged to read every comment and respond to every questions... agony **** maybe! However, as you're so desperate for me to respond, I will.

No disorder is acceptable, but it's all relative - especially when talking about football hooliganism. The disorder in Seville was very minor in football terms and I would suggest little more than what is seen on many High Streets in the UK every weekend and very minor compared to what is seen in Spain every night of the week in Ibiza, Magaluf or Benidorm.

I have no problem with the police cracking down on wrong-doers, but I have seen the Spanish police in action and don't condone some of their antics any more than I condone genuine football hooliganism.

EU? I never mentioned them, or Brexit.

Interesting to read your bizarre stream of right wing consciousness rant and the things you chose to have a go at in defence of FLA. The last time these sort of numbskulls started trying to attach themselves to our game and our national team we had to endure years of having our experience of football made miserable. You keep your prejudices but they are way off the mark on this issue.

Seville is a great city to enjoy a night out and clowns lobbing chairs, abusing people and behaving loutishly is pathetic. It appears the police were very understanding if they chose not to make arrests.

I haven't defended the FLA. I said that I am indifferent to them - don't support them (where have I said I do?), but they aren't obsessive hate figures of Daily Mail proportions for me, like they are you lefties. As I say, I think your issue isn't the hooliganism, but the fact that the FLA have right wing views, so the minimal disorder caused by them has been used as an excuse by you and others to exaggerate the disorder by England fans on this occasion, which is pretty minor compared to the past and in fact a lot of other international teams.

At least be honest about it. Your issue isn't the problems caused (which was minimal and resulted in no arrests), but the political views of those perceived to be the culprits.

Seville is one of my favourite cities in Europe.
I'm actually going there next month.
We are doing a little tour of Valencia, Cartagena, Cadiz and Seville.
Shame that a few morons try to spoil it for the rest, but that's life.

Yeah , I was in Sevilla , in June.
Ive not done Cadiz yet , but can recommend Cordoba. Cartagena is a bit rough imo .
Spain's a great place , and I'm glad you are visiting before all the planes stop flying lol

Good for you man

'At least be honest about it. Your issue isn't the problems caused (which was minimal and resulted in no arrests), but the political views of those perceived to be the culprits'

Well said

Paul HaywardThe Telegraph's chief sports writer calls it:

" This fine young England side is wasted on those who travel abroad with them to abuse and intimidate locals: to chant belligerently, occupy bars and add far-right slogans to their own national anthem. God Save the Queen. No Surrender. No way can we keep inflicting this on overseas towns and cities.

Monday night in Seville was one of the most inspiring in England’s recent past. The 3-2 victory over Spain was up there with the 5-1 win against Germany in Munich 17 years ago. "

Or try the English police view in The Daily Mail:

Deputy Chief Constable Mark Roberts, the National Police Chiefs' Council football policing lead, said: 'This was a great opportunity for supporters to build on the good reputation enjoyed by England fans at the World Cup.
'It is therefore incredibly disheartening that again we have seen too many people who cannot behave themselves when travelling abroad to support the national team. It would appear the good behaviour in Russia was the exception rather than the new normality.
'The scenes from Seville will undoubtedly influence the way in which future venues, and local police, plan for and approach England supporters. That is particularly unfortunate for the majority of decent fans who follow England.'

I don't care for extreme right wingery but the politics of groups like FLA are barely worthy of serious attention. The damage they do to football is more immediate and long lasting. We have been here before. Disregard all of that and we still cannot dismiss this sort of behaviour as no worse than we get up to at home and on holiday.