Making Friends | Page 4 | Vital Football

Making Friends

Yeh, but they didn't arrest anyone so it's ok. I suspect the stepdaughter's friend is one of those lilly livered leftie snowflakes who didn't like the English fans because of their politics (same as me apparently).
I bet she’s called Ramona too

Yeh, but they didn't arrest anyone so it's ok. I suspect the stepdaughter's friend is one of those lilly livered leftie snowflakes who didn't like the English fans because of their politics (same as me apparently).

Very possibly.

Also, if someone (a step daughter's sister's friend's cousin twice removed will do) can pluck out an example of England fans behaving well from 11 years ago can the bloodbath/WW3 of Seville will be forgotten/ignored?

you seem to be repeating what the situation has now become. i am suggesting what i believe would be better. The fact that is one one of the best performances in recent decades and no one is talking about it on here, tends to support the "some bollocks" i was spouting.
Well I’m saying you need to get into the real world, if Sky didnt have the coverage it would go to BT Sport or Amazon/Netflix, the new “Eleven Sports” (which has La Liga I think) or some other pay to watch subscription service.

I guess you ignored Steve’s long posts previous detailing the excellent performance and my own short summary on the first page of this thread.

Basically if you really want to watch it, you’ll have to find a way to pay, that’s the reality of the situation and there’s no point in harking back to the past of how it once was.

if Sky didnt have the coverage it would go to BT Sport or Amazon/Netflix, the new “Eleven Sports” (which has La Liga I think) or some other pay to watch subscription service.

Not if competitive England fixtures were part of the protected list of sports which have to be shown on free to air TV as I believe they once were.

I think there’s a strong case that they should be shown free, though it’s likely the list of preotected events will only reduce over time rather than increase.

Not desperate at all. I've posted in detail about my take on the "trouble" - I'd also add that I've been to plenty of England games home and away, so I know quite what England fans are capable of, but I am in no huge desire to exaggerate their bad behaviour. Id say cherry picking good examples of opposing fans good behaviour from 11 years ago, when the same fans have committed far worse and repeated bad behaviour than England fans (resulting in their ground being closed for a number of game, which has never happened or is ever likely to happen for England), in an attempt to show what meanies England fans are, as well as making irrelevant Brexit analogies, is a lot more desperate than me giving my view and trying to back our fans (shame on me for doing that!)

Also, I posted in some detail about the match, which I notice none of you have bothered to do - clearly it's much more fun to snipe and whine about our fans' behaviour - I guess this harks back in a way to a few seasons ago when every bad performance by the Gills seemed to be down to the negativity of the fans and some seemed more concerned with what the fat ****** in front of them at the Rainham End was shouting rather than what was going on on the pitch! I guess the concept is the same!

I didn`t watch the game, but am glad that, apparently, Sterling played well. Also very pleased for Rashford, one of my favourite England players, as he always give 100%.

I don`t see that any disorder by England followers in Seville has anything to do with Brexit. The fact is, football related violence in England and Wales has been on the increase for quite a while now so we shouldn`t be that surprised when it occurs abroad. Says a lot more about a lack of self discipline at home that it does about expression of political motives. Why is it that Scots abroad supporting their national team are much better bahaved than England ? Nothing to do with Brexit, surely ?

Stop diggging ST.

I quoted my experience of he Croatian fans that I witnessed 11 years ago as a first hand account of an example of how to give fantastic support without intimidating others or being (at best) boorish. Obviously they, sadly, have their fascist scum who caused the ground to be closed, rightly so. I also know that there are similar scum in many other countries, especially former Eastern block ones and I condem them too. Turkish fans in Euro games seem to get away with all sorts of appalling intimidation ( I stand to be corrcted if wrong). I'm well aware that there are fans of other countries who are worse. I also accept that the behaviour this week was by no means the worst but that doesn't make it ok.

Taking the p#ss out of a woman who was actually there and felt intimidated does you no credit.

I accept that I was "doing a VG" re the irrelevant Brexit comment, throwing a pebble in the pool and watching the ripples. You bit and provided a Tsunami.

I'm proud of my country. Criticising scummy fans doesn't make me disloyal.

Btw, I've been to Europe many times and managed not to get baton charged or teargassed by the police. I wonder why. Perhaps my behaviour didn't warrant it. I accept foreign police may "overreact" compared to ours but I don't accept that they get involved for no reason whatsoever.

Finally, what a great performance by England and I agree (as usual) with your analysis of the team and Southgate. The best I've felt about England in 50 years.

I guess you ignored Steve’s long posts previous detailing the excellent performance and my own short summary on the first page of this thread.

again, kind of my point. It seems the two of you watched it. Most didn't. i think that's a shame. you don't. lets just leave it there.

Not if competitive England fixtures were part of the protected list of sports which have to be shown on free to air TV as I believe they once were.

I think there’s a strong case that they should be shown free, though it’s likely the list of preotected events will only reduce over time rather than increase.
The Euros and the World Cup Finals are on the protected list, the Nations League is a new competition so obviously can’t have been.

I was surprised that ITV didnt have the recent England friendly live, but there must be a new contract this season. Their budget goes in other areas as they can’t compete with the likes of Sky/BT when it comes to football.

ITV have even lost the Champions League highlights this season, so if you want to watch that you have to get BT Sport or watch goal clips online, which is not for me personally.

However, young people increasingly watch TV as much, or more often, on their laptops/tablets/phones than on actual TVs, so that is the way it is going.

Not desperate at all. I've posted in detail about my take on the "trouble" - I'd also add that I've been to plenty of England games home and away, so I know quite what England fans are capable of, but I am in no huge desire to exaggerate their bad behaviour. Id say cherry picking good examples of opposing fans good behaviour from 11 years ago, when the same fans have committed far worse and repeated bad behaviour than England fans (resulting in their ground being closed for a number of game, which has never happened or is ever likely to happen for England), in an attempt to show what meanies England fans are, as well as making irrelevant Brexit analogies, is a lot more desperate than me giving my view and trying to back our fans (shame on me for doing that!)

Also, I posted in some detail about the match, which I notice none of you have bothered to do - clearly it's much more fun to snipe and whine about our fans' behaviour - I guess this harks back in a way to a few seasons ago when every bad performance by the Gills seemed to be down to the negativity of the fans and some seemed more concerned with what the fat ****** in front of them at the Rainham End was shouting rather than what was going on on the pitch! I guess the concept is the same!
F*ck me. I wish people would read and stick to the title of a thread.

I'll repeat myself - If you want to start a thread about the teams' performance, then do.

THIS AIN'T THAT THREAD!

Well said SP. It's rare that we get a china cup and big rolls thread, and the opportunity should not be squandered.