Major team overhaul by Lovell for Plymouth game | Page 2 | Vital Football

Major team overhaul by Lovell for Plymouth game

Am I right in thinking apart from Tahvon (?) Campbell on the bench, none of our Jan loan signings are in the squad?

I thought I read that Lopez was fit again, and haven’t heard that Burke is injured.

I imagine Tahvon might be a legitimate target for us in the off season. Maybe SL is presuming we are safe and now playing only those who may be here next season. Apart from Ogilvie but we are stuck for options back there.

Burke was no worse than 5 or 6 others last week. He’s not a player I’m a fan of but it seems harsh for him to be the only one dropped

I feel sorry for Burke. He works hard and and at least he's brave enough to try things out, unfortunately they never, ever seem to come off, except that one time with the help of the Wimbledon keeper.

We’ve had a glimpse and things seem better without him! One goal in 3.5 games with him. Two in 15mins without him.
I don’t see him as being disinterested but rather the formation is poor and he’s getting little to play with. With that we start seeing him in Gordon Road or on the halfway line when we’re attacking like in the first half today. Drop him vs Bradford and play with a bit more excitement.

It's just nice for us to have a genuine change available, employ it and for it to work. More of that please. Eaves has struggled recently and 45 minutes before the next game may help his recovery.

I thought Eaves might have been dropped for today so had no problem with him being subbed at half time. We are so one dimensional when he plays with the long hopeful punt for him to try and create something with. Sadly he has not been at his best for a while or has 2 big defenders taking him out of the game. The ht shuffle with List, Campbell and Hanlan was immediately more dynamic and we actually passed the ball at pace and used the width of the pitch. All quite refreshing after a first half without a decent attempt on goal.

I remember when the free scoring Hately joined Chelsea from Aston Villa. His goal tally dried up because Chelsea didn’t play with wingers. He went to Liverpool and found his shooting boots again. The same goes for Eaves; our system has not been set up to provide copious opportunities for a big centre forward. Instead, Eaves has had to forage for opportunities. Today, SL made several changes and what a difference. Perhaps he’ll understand that if he has to play Eaves the game plan must be different.