Major team overhaul by Lovell for Plymouth game | Vital Football

Major team overhaul by Lovell for Plymouth game

Straightbat

Vital Reserves Team
At the end of one of the summaries for Radio Kent during the internet streamed Kent vs Hants cricket commentary yesterday it was reported that Lovell was going to make wholesale changes for this Friday. But I've heard nothing else along those lines before or since.

He should but doubt if he will tbh.

Hes said things like that before but his options are limited really.

The likes of RCC, list etc could start but what else ? Oldaker maybe.

Scally at centre forward
Gwen poynter midfield general
Fat bloke out the ticket office defensive libero
Foxy shop manager left winger

I’ll get me coat .......

Thought he over hauled it at H/T Saturday and look how that turned out.

Just be a different set of players for him to blame come 5pm.

Charles-Cook and Bingham probably to start as they were mentioned in the press conference. Maybe List will start also, but he didn’t do much last week when he came on.
As above there aren’t many options unless he throws in loads of younger players which he won’t do.

SL has promised changes in the past and we didn't see any.

Eaves doesn't deserve to start after last Saturday.

In the past Lovell has hinted of changes and largely has not made them.This could be different. Eaves is still very much key .If he is failing to deliver the team has no cutting edge.Replacement is going to be far from easy even for just one match to get a reaction. In my view we have to try something new. Hanlon and List up top maybe clearly the midfield would then need to play better than they have for the most part .Lopez and Bingham if he is fit. As he can hardly be blamed for last weekend.The dropping of O'Neil has to be considered he was poor last week ending up in midfield after being taken apart far too often.Of course that means Fuller but then that leaves a gap at left back .Reilly is perhaps someone who could return maybe even at left back .

Bingham to start oh God please no pace no end product overrated!!
A holding player needs very little if any pace .Position and reading the game is what is most needed .Bingham currently does that better than anyone else we have at the moment. Oldaker could be the answer long term but he is currently no where near ready judging on his last few appearances. Personally I can't see him or any other of the former youth players getting another chance until we are safe .

Bingham usually plays ok for us for the 30-45 minutes he’s on the pitch. Surely there’s no chance he’ll start tomorrow/today?!

Perhaps he could start with Fuller at right back and Garmston on the left with List in front of him. At home we should be playing a simple 4-3-3 formation that even the dumbest could cope with instead of this diamond stuff, the stuff of nonsense. Eaves has to start and with List and Hanlon alongside then it will be Bingham and two others in midfield. It won’t happen of course. One other secret ingredient needs to be full on blood, sweat and tears.

I make that one change I think! RCC for Burke.

I’m not calling for wholesale changes but a few times now Lovell has slated his players, told the press he’ll make big changes but then doesn’t back up his word. Hopefully it works today but I’m worried he’s too nice and too loyal.