Main Stand | Page 33 | Vital Football

Main Stand

Yes but if we are serious about being a premier league club we need the stadium and facilities to match. I think we could comfortably fill a 45k capacity stadium.

Knock down the old girl , redevelop the land and build a beautiful new stadium on the current site for our future.

Spuds did that and played at wembly for two years. IF we chose the option to go new then we should knock down medow lane and everything around it. Build wfcg2 in the city (we would have to let the other team use the old gal) and then let them either continue to use the old gal or redevelop. Enough space there for their small ground and some fancy new pads to pay for it. No big stadium for rushcliffe twats to moan about. Wfcg actually located in the city and vice versa and the only compromise on location is a swap across the river.

Yes but if we are serious about being a premier league club we need the stadium and facilities to match. I think we could comfortably fill a 45k capacity stadium.

Knock down the old girl , redevelop the land and build a beautiful new stadium on the current site for our future.
you can't. Takes too long and we lose shit loads of revenue. Also, I doubt whether the land available is enough to make that super stadium we want- with all the car parking etc.

Spuds did that and played at wembly for two years. IF we chose the option to go new then we should knock down medow lane and everything around it. Build wfcg2 in the city (we would have to let the other team use the old gal) and then let them either continue to use the old gal or redevelop. Enough space there for their small ground and some fancy new pads to pay for it. No big stadium for rushcliffe twats to moan about. Wfcg actually located in the city and vice versa and the only compromise on location is a swap across the river.

I think Notts County’s response would be 2 words, 7 letters, 3 would be an F.

I would like to see a revision of the main stand proposal. Build at the back of the existing whilst keeping it open. The changing rooms have just had a major revamp so I think it would be feasible.

It’s too small, too old and dated. But it’s in the right location. Why. Any they build over the river to a degree. That would be spectacular. Appreciate it would need safety aspects given a lot of thought but not insurmountable.

I think Notts County’s response would be 2 words, 7 letters, 3 would be an F.

Like we care what they think. I dont think they should get fooked over but if people want a new stadium without having to watch forest play in leicester or a tiny meadow lane, that is a realistic plan that leaves everyone better off, clubs, councils, people.

Shame there is no one in nottm with the balls or vision to get it done.

I still prefer the old gal but i can see all the issues. They should just CPO all the fooking gold diggers at the back, fairly compensate them and get rid to create the space needed. Logistically its a nightmare.

Sorry but I see the building of a new stand at the back of and retention of the old one as a relatively simple exercise. Our new chairman should get one of his staff to knock out a few drawings pronto.

I still prefer the old gal but i can see all the issues. They should just CPO all the fooking gold diggers at the back, fairly compensate them and get rid to create the space needed. Logistically its a nightmare.

Well, we could do that, or EM could just get medieval.

Sorry but I see the building of a new stand at the back of and retention of the old one as a relatively simple exercise. Our new chairman should get one of his staff to knock out a few drawings pronto.
Or call Liverpool and ask them if it’s feasible for us. Granted they’re now in admin, but they have executed 90% of the anfield road end and the main stand that way

I’d personally love a new main stand, level up the Bridgford and then redevelopment of the Clough stand into a bigger stand to get us nearer 45k

Or call Liverpool and ask them if it’s feasible for us. Granted they’re now in admin, but they have executed 90% of the anfield road end and the main stand that way
No need to call anybody. The existing main stand is a simple structure. Remove the roof and elevational claddings and you have a completely stand alone entity. Put an extension at the back with a new cantilevered roof and you have an upgraded facility with minimal disruption to match day revenue at a fraction of the cost of the scheme currently on offer.

Like we care what they think. I dont think they should get fooked over but if people want a new stadium without having to watch forest play in leicester or a tiny meadow lane, that is a realistic plan that leaves everyone better off, clubs, councils, people.

Shame there is no one in nottm with the balls or vision to get it done.

EM keeps stressing 'home on the Trent' so its very location is what gives us that added bit of romance and attaction to people, outside of the city too. It woudnt be the same. but most of you realise im a hopeless romantic and moving us elsewhere would 'feel' cold and clinical irrespective of whether its like the spurs ground or not :)

Marinakis is a savvy businessman and between him and his cronies, they’ll have realised that the club can sell 50k tickets at the minute (remember 5k are away fans). It’s only natural that they’d be looking at a new stadium when the club is missing out on £millions of revenue every single match day.

Obviously, this demand may not last forever and it’s highly dependent on us remaining a Prem side, but I don’t think the hierarchy at the club is even thinking in such negative terms. And even relegation, if handled properly, should establish you as an elite Championship side.

The development of the CG is going nowhere and if the club has the ambition of a top-half PL club, they’ll be thinking in terms of a big stadium that can be expanded again if the club continues to grow.

Marinakis is a savvy businessman and between him and his cronies, they’ll have realised that the club can sell 50k tickets at the minute (remember 5k are away fans). It’s only natural that they’d be looking at a new stadium when the club is missing out on £millions of revenue every single match day.

Obviously, this demand may not last forever and it’s highly dependent on us remaining a Prem side, but I don’t think the hierarchy at the club is even thinking in such negative terms. And even relegation, if handled properly, should establish you as an elite Championship side.

The development of the CG is going nowhere and if the club has the ambition of a top-half PL club, they’ll be thinking in terms of a big stadium that can be expanded again if the club continues to grow.
Why do you refer to the business associates of EM as " cronies" Oh and by the way your argument doesn't add up.

His argument holds up, when we should be making sure as many kids as possible are hooked in the current bright spell. They are future.
I don't want to see another kid from Nottingham in a United/Pool/Chelsea shirt again.

No need to call anybody. The existing main stand is a simple structure. Remove the roof and elevational claddings and you have a completely stand alone entity. Put an extension at the back with a new cantilevered roof and you have an upgraded facility with minimal disruption to match day revenue at a fraction of the cost of the scheme currently on offer.

Its cost effective. Lets us stay where we are. Very limited development potential tho

Its not going nowhere but it is tricky (😂) because you have so many stakeholders with different agendas.

Having said that i dont want to move, even if i like the idea of a state of the art new build that can generate revenue for forest outside of match day and provide jobs for local people.

Good point whoever said about the kids. Now is the time to get as many kids in as possible.