Maguire | Page 4 | Vital Football

Maguire

The dates still go to his time here though, and I think as a signing that really hasn't worked out, adding in a betting suspension just as he had got his head down to contribute at the start of our season (when we're short on bodies and have just loaned out a forward) seems pretty annoying. That is the here and now.

Whether it's something from 2017 or not, he can't play for us just as it was looking like he was a useful option for a few weeks and it might stop us moving him on and bringing in more players too. 30 August to respond to charges etc
Interestingly not sure if this is as unexpected or potentially disruptive as we may think. It appears from this tweet from Beth Pritchard (BBC Lincs) that the club have been aware of this since April.
This probably partly backs up why he isn't in our long term plans, as such I'd suspect that any transfer dealings we are looking at must be inclusive of the fact that he isn't likely to be around for much longer to be factored in to our budget plans.
It may also give us a clue as to why there have been no known takers for the player and this is our best chance of moving him on?
It may actually be financially beneficial to end up terminating his contract for breach of terms (if found guilty) than to loan him out and we are still possibly liable to cover some of his wages.

Due to the circumstances and timing Maguire will be going nowhere in this transfer window. Non of us are privy to what it says in his contract or what the disciplinary rules are at the club.
If he his found guilty then the club no doubt will start disciplinary proceedings against him and he will no doubt be dismissed. Whether this will be with a pay off or not who knows. If he his not found guilty then he will still be on our books and unless the club reaches an agreement with him to cancel his contract so he can become a free agent or we loan him out he will still be here.
Sadly for him the odds are stacked against him being found not guilty, I can't remember a similar case to his were the FA have charged someone with several counts of breaking the betting rules and they have actually got off. I don't know if he has a partner or any children but it would be devastating for them all especially as I doubt he has any other line of work he can do outside of football.
He has been very stupid if guilty but will definitely pay an huge price for it.

Obviuo
Due to the circumstances and timing Maguire will be going nowhere in this transfer window. Non of us are privy to what it says in his contract or what the disciplinary rules are at the club.
If he his found guilty then the club no doubt will start disciplinary proceedings against him and he will no doubt be dismissed. Whether this will be with a pay off or not who knows. If he his not found guilty then he will still be on our books and unless the club reaches an agreement with him to cancel his contract so he can become a free agent or we loan him out he will still be here.
Sadly for him the odds are stacked against him being found not guilty, I can't remember a similar case to his were the FA have charged someone with several counts of breaking the betting rules and they have actually got off. I don't know if he has a partner or any children but it would be devastating for them all especially as I doubt he has any other line of work he can do outside of football.
He has been very stupid if guilty but will definitely pay an huge price for it.
Obviously my mistake we won't be able to loan him out either as the fransfer window will be closed.

Obviuo

Obviously my mistake we won't be able to loan him out either as the fransfer window will be closed.
as his options are becoming more limited, he could be loaned to or sign up for one of the moneybags national league clubs after the window is back on the latch?

I have seen it suggested they were betting on how many times corners would hit the first man.
Now I couldn’t possibly suggest that

Woody got a 6 year ban for similar.
Not similar - or at least as far as we know, no suggestion Maguire was betting on himself as it were. Our friend Mr Barton got an 18 month ban for betting including 30 on matches involving his own club. I think other players who have bet on matches not involving own club tend to receive fines e.g. Cameron Jerome?

Woody got a 6 year ban for similar.

I think Wood was slightly different in that he was betting on himself to do things.

What happens will likely depend on whether he has been betting on matches that are in competitions that the team he has been playing for are actually involved in and whether the bets involved matches that he was playing in and whether he was betting on his team to lose.

Depending on the above then it could just be a fine but could be a suspension.

I hope not too much payment given circumstances and free up a wage for a signing

I can't imagine there will be any payment if he is found guilty and banned. He won't be available to do his job his contract involves so it will be the end of contract simple as that.

I can't imagine there will be any payment if he is found guilty and banned. He won't be available to do his job his contract involves so it will be the end of contract simple as that.
But he's leaving now not after verdict

But he's leaving now not after verdict

Where has that been reported I haven't seen anything? Has he pleaded guilty or something? If so then it's an open and shut case so he won't be able to do his job so no payment should be needed.

Where has that been reported I haven't seen anything. Has he pleaded guilty? If so then it's an open and shut case so he won't be able to do his job so no payment should be needed.
Like I said up thread, depends on the circumstances but plenty of players not banned if betting not on selves or own team