Maguire | Page 2 | Vital Football

Maguire

52 bets between March 2017 & Feb 2022.
Explains his hit and miss performances đŸ˜€
Systematic. innocent until proven guilty of course but that’s hardly a one-off. Another player on the non-available list, and we are not out of august yet.

Very silly given how many players before him have stuffed up their careers for similar offences (as we know from previous experience).

and not the reason mk said maguire had no future at the imps, as we continued to pick him in the matchday squad, and to play him.

It seems we need to reintroduce the dickhead test as part of the recruitment process. I'm reasonably sure he wouldn't have passed.
You could tell by his arrogance on the pitch and towards fans at times last season that he was a bad penny. Look at how he ended up leaving Sunderland, clearly Lee Johnson had his number...
As an experienced pro I can't imagine many of the young lads in the squad would have looked up to him with great respect.
Sad because he's clearly got talent.

Only specific imps date in the range is down as 12th feb. Wonder what specific info that bet was about? (Allegedly)
Maguire played 90 - and got booked in the 74th minute v wycombe on that day.

He's innocent until proven guilty I guess, but I hope we're not paying him between now and the verdict.

Yikes. Was just starting to feel a bit of goodwill towards him having seemingly got his head down at the start of the season and impressed Kennedy a bit...
Unless he was betting on our matches, I'm not sure why that goodwill would disappear?

Obviously he shouldn't be betting on football (or any sport?) when he's a player because they're the rules, but it could all turn out pretty harmless rather than a Bradley Wood yellow card one.

Bit of a silly thing to do given the rules all footballers will be aware of, albeit slightly ironic that the league he played in during that time is sponsored by Sky Bet...

At 33(?), I suppose it comes at a better time for him career wise than it did for Bradley Wood. Basically career over if he gets a ban.

Hopefully these bets didn't involve us whilst he's been here.

Maguire has been a very silly boy if these allegations are true and I really don't recall any that get to the disclosure and suspension stage as not being so.
Really doesn't help the team at all. Any team having even the slightest interest in signing him now won't and the length of time these things take to resolve will mean his wages, which I expect will be withheld if under suspension, can't be spent elsewhere just in case he is exonerated and would then be entitled to having that paid back.

Club really didn't need this though have as ever acted quickly once the details have been disclosed

Be careful/aware when drawing parallels with Wood and Facey. They were criminal offences and the chance of carrying out 52 occurrences of game fixing is almost nil.
More likely to be a simple case of not following FA rules on betting. Would be fairly sure that quite a few footballers bet on the sport but without traceability through their own or through family accounts so possibly a case of stupidity as much as anything.
Disappointing as I was in his corner against some unwarranted criticism but plenty here for the "I always knew he was a wrong un" types