Luke Chadwick and Jason Lee | Page 3 | Vital Football

Luke Chadwick and Jason Lee

I think all forms of discrimination are wrong, I was simply pointing out that some people who criticize VG for his problem with Muslims have the same problem with the Chinese. They clearly can't see that they are showing the same discrimination, as I think you show a blind spot for the Tories, I am not saying all Tories are good but I'm sure they can't all be bad.

They (tories) definitely aren't all bad. Some good people vote Tory. Voting Conservative doesn't define someone as good or bad.

I've said before how it's perfectly possible (not just possible, actually happens sometimes!) for me to get along very well with a Tory voter, and for me to think that person is a really nice, decent individual. And thinking such thoughts doesn't then preclude me from holding very opposing political views to them. I reject your notion that I have a 'blind spot' for Tories!

Everyone is a hypocrite.

That's probably true but how does it help?

Should we not try to change or eliminate certain things such as bullying, racism and discrimination simply because everyone is a hypocrite? Or do you think that because everyone is a hypocrite these things can't be challenged?

Last edited:
That's probably true but how does it help?

Should we not try to change or eliminate certain things such as bullying, racism, discrimination simply because everyone is a hypocrite? Or do you think that because everyone is a hypocrite these things can't be challenged?

Who decides what can be challenged and what can't be ?

Exactly what I typed ! Who decides what can or can't be challenged ?
Who decides on freedom of expression ?

Everybody should have freedom of expression. Only if that freedom is abused by expressing inconsideration or intolerance towards others' freedom of expression should it be challenged.*

Anybody who is feeling that their freedom of expression is being denied or not tolerated has a right to challenge that. Or it can be challenged by anybody on another's behalf.

*Bullying, racism, discrimination and your comments about muslims are all examples of abuses of freedom of expression.

This is the age old problem. What are freedoms and ehose freedoms should be kerbed.

What is it, the freedom to do what you want or the freedom to protect others from you doing whatever you want?

The law usually decides.

I think all forms of discrimination are wrong, I was simply pointing out that some people who criticize VG for his problem with Muslims have the same problem with the Chinese. They clearly can't see that they are showing the same discrimination, as I think you show a blind spot for the Tories, I am not saying all Tories are good but I'm sure they can't all be bad.
Interesting point about the Tories. To my mind not that many people would be as anti Rory Stewart and Ken Clarke side of the party if they were able to always vote with there real beliefs. A bit like if you like going to join a gang but not committing any crime yourself.The country at the moment is probably evenly split between those on very low wages or unemployed and those fairly well paid .But the well paid can employ clever advertising etc to get their views over .They are also the ones who have encouraged miragation through many companies on lower pay scales like mine up to possibly a few years ago .Who would almost solely employ migrants. Strangely it is the same people who have largely now lead the Brexit campaign.Possibly because they were worried that the EU were going to start protecting workers who were in another part of the union. IE the EU was to left wing for them .They have effectively persuaded a large part of the lower paid that the problem is the migration. Not those who have driven the migration all along.
Why include this here well I think the people are being bullied by Farage and Rees mogg and co into thinking that they are at the heart of any changes .Where all we have really done to they will now employ illegal workers on really cheap rates and now others as result of Covid 19 on the cheap to fill gaps .Bullying can come in lots of forms and the Tory party are probably the biggest bullies of the lot.That is why I voted for a Corbyn lead Labour party even though I did not support him or his policies.

Farage, Boris and Cummings set about a plan to con the people. I call that Bullying yes.30% were probably go to vote for anything that was against any foreigner so they needed the other 21% and they go them by blaming the EU for migration when it was the Tories and friends of Farage who had driven the migration in the first place .Many companies were only employing casual labour which was a right wing policy. Yes shock horror Farage is a Tory in all but name.

The reason I think some political leaders are responsible is they have created the environment we live in .Going back to Thatcher and beyond the Tories have created hate and division in our society and now people like Cummings and Farage have used that to deliver and develop their society. I seriously fear for the long term future of this country with people like them with any control of our direction.

The door to immigrating to any Eu country is still open until the end of December.
There is no barbed wire

Things are tickerty boo in France 😉
Italy is in great shape
Spain would love to have you
Belgium is nice
Luxembourg ?

The door to immigrating to any Eu country is still open until the end of December.
There is no barbed wire

Things are tickerty boo in France 😉
Italy is in great shape
Spain would love to have you
Belgium is nice
Luxembourg ?

Yep , all the countries you list (and others) are enjoying a rise in that 'populist bullying'.