Load of Cobblers | Page 7 | Vital Football

Load of Cobblers

To be fair to Sheridan, this is a very honest, and accurate summary.

He made an initial mistake in the team line-up, but I suppose he thought he wanted to protect the young lads.

For me, I think it's as reason for optimism that many of the goals we've conceded in the last few games have been somewhat self-inflicted ....................... at least we can (hopefully) eradicate the mistakes, and therefore keep out the goals.

Given our injury list, our expectations can't realistically stretch beyond wanting to see effort ................... results and performance are nice to haves at the moment, but would of course be welcomed. That second half certainly ticked the box from an effort point of view ............. take that into the Blackpool game right from the outset, and let's see how we do.

Not sure how playing Crankshaw at CB then hooking him is protecting that young lad ?

Not sure how playing Crankshaw at CB then hooking him is protecting that young lad ?
??? HE was RB, not CB, but I take your point. Mine was that he didn't want to have two young lads together in the middle, like he did at the start of the season.

I agree it was tough on Crankshaw by the way.

Just ran out of time and their time wasting didn’t help !. But to be honest I enjoyed the 2nd half and it was very exiting in last 20 mins !

I think the young lads played well and if we can play like 2nd half we will win many more games than we will lose !

Really enjoyable second half; full backs very good, midfield OK, some good young talent. Give Sheridan a break for Pete's sake.

He played Crankshaw at right back and then hooked him after he picked up a yellow on 12 minutes.
Stick a tenner in the pot Hampton and you'll have first hand knowledge of what's going on ;)
🤣 see what you did there but the answer is still no 😉
Don't need to spend a tenner to understand Sheridan messed up mind !

I like how you introduce the transition from an Oriental to a Spanish influence. ;)

The team will learn to play with each other.
The younger lads will become accustomed to playing at this standard.
The shitty mistakes we're currently making will become fewer.

That's telling it like it is too. It doesn't have to be woe is me. It doesn't need to be all doom. Just look at the improvement in the second half from the first. We can, and will, get better.

That's how I view it anyway.
Its not going to come in time to save us mate. I don't blame the young lads for that. A number of whom are more used to playing in non-league than they are L1. I don't think any of them would even attract a L2 club on loan assuming this hadn't happened to us and they had been made available for loan. Only Owen Evans could and ironically he can't even get in the bloody team. They are out of their depth through no fault of their own and this is the result. Then you've got freelancers like Gardner who would never be playing for a club like us at L1 level in normal circumstances.

I wouldn't be arsed if he left tomorrow, but I don't even blame the manager. Jurgen Klopp couldn't get this lot winning matches. They just aren't good enough at this level.

Back 4 team selection/1st 25 mins cost us that game!
At least he binned Tuesdays negative formation but Sheridan should be playing players in their best position.Crankshaw is not a RB,he is a RW! It's a big step up for these lads as it is,let alone in an unfamiliar role.
As soon as James went to RB to deal with Adams and Obi came on to get to grips with big Harry Smith we improved,as those 2 in particular caused us all sorts of problems that 1st 25 mins.

2nd half I thought we were superb,especially considering how many young lads we had out there.We were really unfortunate not to get a point in the end when Joseph,who was lively when he came on hit the post.Although not always with great quality,we put a lot more crosses in today and showed much more attacking intent than MK.

Pearce mom for me.Gardener has been poor this season,but I thought he had a much better game today.Obi did well when he came on,using his height and physicality to deal with Smith.Perry was tidy again.

Those lads showed today they can play and have good character to keep fighting despite the setbacks. This gives me some encouragement and hope going into another big game at the bottom on Tuesday at Blackpool.

I really only have one thing to add to Arthur's post, and that is simply that playing players together who know each others game pays dividends. It was so apparent that Merrie and Perry have played together in midfield along with Aasgard.

Long and Obi both know each others games well and it showed as the game wore on. The introduction of Joseph was yet another indication of how well the U23 squad know each other as he seamlessly fitted in, and incidentally deserved a goal for that turn and shot.

Play the same side on Tuesday with Obi at CB and we might have a chance.

Yes - every game we have a different team lining up and even when the players are the same (or almost the same) as last time out, they are played in different positions (often not their preferred one) !.

Could this be the reason why they seem to play better in the second half ?

ie they have got used to their positions and the people around them by half time, then a break and hey ho they perform better in second half !

If this is the case then I guess the buck stops at only one person !

I’d say TB had a good point - play the same team on Tuesday as today and see how it goes !

Its not going to come in time to save us mate. I don't blame the young lads for that. A number of whom are more used to playing in non-league than they are L1. I don't think any of them would even attract a L2 club on loan assuming this hadn't happened to us and they had been made available for loan. Only Owen Evans could and ironically he can't even get in the bloody team. They are out of their depth through no fault of their own and this is the result. Then you've got freelancers like Gardner who would never be playing for a club like us at L1 level in normal circumstances.

I wouldn't be arsed if he left tomorrow, but I don't even blame the manager. Jurgen Klopp couldn't get this lot winning matches. They just aren't good enough at this level.

Did you watch the second half today Latic ?

If you did then you obviously don’t have a clue about what these players are capable of and that if this team is played again and play like the second half they will win a lot of games in this league !