LLoris has to move on.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

LLoris has to move on..

Once you hit the mid 30's, reflexes, mobility, agility all start to deteriorate. It doesn't matter if you are a GK or outfield, you are on the decline. It's a fact of life.

We have needed a up and coming GK for years to challenge Hugo but the club has failed miserably.

Neither Hart or Gaz are good enough.

Poor planning from the club but what else is new.

Once you hit the mid 30's, reflexes, mobility, agility all start to deteriorate. It doesn't matter if you are a GK or outfield, you are on the decline. It's a fact of life.

We have needed a up and coming GK for years to challenge Hugo but the club has failed miserably.

Neither Hart or Gaz are good enough.

Poor planning from the club but what else is new.
You're quite right. Once you hit 30 the deterioration accelerates. It's why i find it quite remarkable that Ronaldo's still going strong at his age.

It occurred to me that as much as I love Hugo and will always be thankful for his time here, it would be ‘convenient’ if Poch were to come in for him in the summer, providing we sign an up and coming world class replacement.
It would divert the attention of Spurs getting rid to more of a reunion with his old boss.

convenient and one that could pave the way for the next chapter in the sticks?

It occurred to me that as much as I love Hugo and will always be thankful for his time here, it would be ‘convenient’ if Poch were to come in for him in the summer, providing we sign an up and coming world class replacement.
It would divert the attention of Spurs getting rid to more of a reunion with his old boss.

convenient and one that could pave the way for the next chapter in the sticks?

So who? How would a younger keeper cope with a crisis in form. We know Hugo will bounce back quickly.

If we were a better side, it would admittedly be easier to replace Hugo.

I don’t know who as mentioned in my initial post, I am no expert in young up coming keepers. What I do know, is that the last two (massively important) games, he’s made game changing mistakes in that will cost us.
Like I said, love the guy and he still has a huge amount to give but we need better sooner rather than later...