Liverpool | Page 2 | Vital Football

Liverpool

KLX - 4/11/2014 07:14

Spurfect11 - 3/11/2014 13:57

he;s supposedly an absolute arsehole from hearsay around his time at swansea. was batshit crazy and used to obsess and write essentially novels about minute aspects of the game, where no-one would really care. one of these managers that fancies himself a professor of the game when he's actually clueless.

A more prickish AVB without the beard basically

I'd totally disagree with that assessment; he does have a near legendary attention detail and he did live, sleep and eat every aspect of the game to get the success he has - as for being 'clueless' I think that's a bit of nonsense, but only time will tell.

That said, since he left his wife for one of the club's physio by all accounts he's a different person to the one that joined them.

There problem is simple; not only have they lost Suarez, but they have also effectively lost Sturridge as well. The Sturridge/balotelli combo looked a real partnership in making against us - and then Sturridge got injured, Llanna is only just coming back but is beginning to look like the player he was - so injuries have had a massive impact on them.

Does anyone remember what happened to us when we lost berbs and SPB - the next season was a disaster, we went from having a top class striker pairing to having bent and a panic buy who took forever to settle...and just look what it did to us.

Apart from buying Lambert, I think they bought reasonably well, but as always some seem quick to judge.

personally, I'll wait until the end of the season and then see who's laughing most.

Spursex - 4/11/2014 08:11

he;s supposedly an absolute arsehole from hearsay around his time at swansea. was batshit crazy and used to obsess and write essentially novels about minute aspects of the game, where no-one would really care. one of these managers that fancies himself a professor of the game when he's actually clueless.

I'd totally disagree with that assessment; he does have a near legendary attention detail and he did live, sleep and eat every aspect of the game to get the success he has - as for being 'clueless' I think that's a bit of nonsense, but only time will tell.

That said, since he left his wife for one of the club's physio by all accounts he's a different person to the one that joined them.

There problem is simple; not only have they lost Suarez, but they have also effectively lost Sturridge as well. The Sturridge/balotelli combo looked a real partnership in making against us - and then Sturridge got injured, Llanna is only just coming back but is beginning to look like the player he was - so injuries have had a massive impact on them.

Does anyone remember what happened to us when we lost berbs and SPB - the next season was a disaster, we went from having a top class striker pairing to having bent and a panic buy who took forever to settle...and just look what it did to us.

Apart from buying Lambert, I think they bought reasonably well, but as always some seem quick to judge.

personally, I'll wait until the end of the season and then see who's laughing most.

That's easy. We ALWAYS laugh first.

80deg16minW - 4/11/2014 11:32

Spursex - 4/11/2014 08:11

That's easy. We ALWAYS laugh first.

If they do not get n the ECL they have had an utter disaster.

Cannot believe their line up for this evening! I mean they got drubbed at home last time round, but this is the champions league, not the league cup. Crazy stuff. Their club is really doing a spurs last season if not worse.

I don't understand him. Qualify for the Champions League, to rest players for a league game so you can try and qualify for the Champions League again. :69:

spursgirl_4_life - 5/11/2014 08:31

I don't understand him. Qualify for the Champions League, to rest players for a league game so you can try and qualify for the Champions League again. :69:

I scratched my head at that.
Also players say they join clubs to play CL, well you don't get a much bigger game than Real away, but the star players don't get to play it !

My thoughts exactly, thought these were exactly the type of games why teams yearn to be involved in the competition.

Exactly. Surely you go all out against Madrid at the Bernabeu? They've got more chance of getting something against Chelsea with a weaker side than they did last night.

Looks like he is more interested in their remaining CL games (both looking winnable and might get them through to the next round) and focusing on the top 4 in the PL..

He may yet pull it off.

If we rested more of our top stars during our CL escapade, we would've been a bit dull but we would've given ourselves a far better chance of getting top 4, instead of having big trouble with our league form.

It's only the group stages and Rogers isn't all that dumb.

As ever its great to watch them struggle. As for BR, those gnashers are scary and he obviously loves himself with them to the extent he's run off with a PHYSIO to massage his ego.

As the ex-husband of a physio I hope he has as shit a time as I had

aren't games against Real Madrid what fans dream of? you work your arse off to get in the top 4 to........not bother in the CL - the competition you "rested players" for the season before to get into the CL In the first place? It doesn't make sense. A win against Madrid would have done no end to their confidence and could have kicked on.

Rodgers knows best I expect though.

Spurfect11 - 5/11/2014 13:44

aren't games against Real Madrid what fans dream of? you work your arse off to get in the top 4 to........not bother in the CL - the competition you "rested players" for the season before to get into the CL In the first place? It doesn't make sense. A win against Madrid would have done no end to their confidence and could have kicked on.

When it comes to European football he's inexperienced, he's still finding out about the best fit/style/capabilities of his 'B' team - what I did see last night is that a number of h's 'B' team won't be for long...

Put yourself in Gerards shoes for that one. Possibly his last chance of a competitive game against a top class Euro team and he's benched. Man city for him next season unless Rodgers is gone I reckon.

Spursex - 5/11/2014 14:01

Spurfect11 - 5/11/2014 13:44

When it comes to European football he's inexperienced, he's still finding out about the best fit/style/capabilities of his 'B' team - what I did see last night is that a number of h's 'B' team won't be for long...

Agree Ex, I thought they performed better last night than at home with all the ' stars' on show.
However, the stats for the game show they weren't really in it as a contest, Madrid could easily have got another 2 or so on another day.

Big Chiv - 5/11/2014 17:31

Madrid could easily have got another 2 or so on another day.

Like if Ronaldo had played, instead of that looky likey competition winner that they let play.