Live concerts/gigs | Page 11 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

Just ticked another one off my bucket list tonight……The Killers at Donny’s Keepmoat. 25,000 there, superb show and well supported by the Blossoms who after their set came and sat near us in the stand and enjoyed the show with everyone else. Brilliant pyros and lighting like I’ve never seen. Staying over so I could savour the experience with a few beers. Spoiler alert @Norfolk Imp you’ll love it at Carrow Rd

Just ticked another one off my bucket list tonight……The Killers at Donny’s Keepmoat. 25,000 there, superb show and well supported by the Blossoms who after their set came and sat near us in the stand and enjoyed the show with everyone else. Brilliant pyros and lighting like I’ve never seen. Staying over so I could savour the experience with a few beers. Spoiler alert @Norfolk Imp you’ll love it at Carrow Rd

Saw the Killers at Glastonbury when they did a secret set and they were great, although not really listened to their tunes since the first couple of records. 25k at Donny is a big one!

I'm going to Primavera next week so very excited :)

Saw China Crisis on Friday night, at a local music venue. The place used to be a working mens club, it definitely hasn't lost that feel.
The band were very good but what a weird night. When we walked in we were surprised to see tables and chairs laid out. It seems probably because there were only about 80 people there! At Holmfirth last year (I think), the place was full.
The gig turned into 50% stand-up from the front man taking the piss and reminding that they had played massive events in the past. My favourite line "everyone down here is wondering when the whelk man is arriving".

Saw the Killers at Glastonbury when they did a secret set and they were great, although not really listened to their tunes since the first couple of records. 25k at Donny is a big one!

I'm going to Primavera next week so very excited :)

It’s the first time I’ve been to the Keepmoat and not come away disappointed 😀
I bet it’s the most fans they’ve had in that stadium before as the playing area was pretty full. I think it’s one of the smaller venues on the tour as they’re also going to the Riverside, Ricoh, St Mary’s, Ashton Gate, Carrow Rd, Emirates, Old Trafford (cricket) and….Falkirk (under 8k)
Same with us regarding the early stuff, they played all of that and mixed the latest album tracks in between (good but we didn’t know the lyrics)
Enjoy your gig Rasen, is that Barcelona?

It’s the first time I’ve been to the Keepmoat and not come away disappointed 😀
I bet it’s the most fans they’ve had in that stadium before as the playing area was pretty full. I think it’s one of the smaller venues on the tour as they’re also going to the Riverside, Ricoh, St Mary’s, Ashton Gate, Carrow Rd, Emirates, Old Trafford (cricket) and….Falkirk (under 8k)
Same with us regarding the early stuff, they played all of that and mixed the latest album tracks in between (good but we didn’t know the lyrics)
Enjoy your gig Rasen, is that Barcelona?

Yeah I looked at the Emirates one before it was cancelled, which had Sam Fender supporting as well! I've not listened but heard the recent Killers stuff has been pretty decent. Glad they were good (Falkirk seems very obscure - surprised none of the Edinburgh clubs were doing it?

Yeah it's the Barcelona iteration. Basically a new tradition of missing out on tickets for Glastonbury but going somewhere abroad instead (did Lisbon a couple of years ago - did not regret it!). I'm really looking forward to seeing Nick Cave who I haven't seen before and also just sitting outside drinking beer!

Went to see the Hunchback of Notre Dame at Lincoln Cathedral last night. A story about a Gothic cathedral enacted in a Gothic cathedral by local performers. It was magnificent. The stepped seating gave you a view of the Cathedral you don't normally get. To see the light coming through the stained glass windows at eye level was stunning. The performance was very moving, with the story line as apt today as it was when it was written 200 years ago. The show is on until next weekend, so if you haven't seen it yet I thoroughly recommend that you do.

Just bought tickets to see Bossk in September. Saw them live once before about 15 years ago and didn't realise they were still going until this gig came up!

I saw the Killers 6 months before they hit the charts.....up the stairs at the Duke Welly....for free. They were second on the bill and I had a few too many. I informed Brandon Flowers that they were really good but he should ditch the silly little keyboard and go full guitar. Seems the fool didn't take my advice

I saw the Killers 6 months before they hit the charts.....up the stairs at the Duke Welly....for free. They were second on the bill and I had a few too many. I informed Brandon Flowers that they were really good but he should ditch the silly little keyboard and go full guitar. Seems the fool didn't take my advice

Haha I bet he loved that advice. That must have been a few years ago, love to have been there. He usually plays base for one number now on “ for reasons unknown” mostly on one string I think, whilst the drummer often gives way to an “up and coming drummer” from the crowd who are mostly pretty good. Loads of stuff to watch on you tube and lots from the current tour.

Haha I bet he loved that advice. That must have been a few years ago, love to have been there. He usually plays base for one number now on “ for reasons unknown” mostly on one string I think, whilst the drummer often gives way to an “up and coming drummer” from the crowd who are mostly pretty good. Loads of stuff to watch on you tube and lots from the current tour.

Early noughties 2003 ish? British Sea Power (can't remember them. Sure I didn;t think they were that good though) were the headliners. I was a regular in the Duke and the brewery were gutting downstairs to refurb it....so we were all allowed upstairs for free....if we wanted. I had my arm twisted by the chap who ran the "bivouc" nights up there.

I wasn't really interested in watching unknown bands doing their own material at that time. lol. Very rare that there's a good one and even rarer for the sound to be any good. Struck it lucky though. Electric 6 the week after were also good (danger, danger, high voltage) but the luck ran out after that and then downstairs was done so didn't go back up :)

Went with the missus, didn‘t want to but she’s been through a lot in last couple of years, to see “ABBA Voyage”. The ABBA arena is perfect, literally everyone is close and has a good view. It was a real fun night, some dressed up for the occasion, plenty of joining in. Have your drinks before you get there, take a bottle of water.

Going to see Blur in the summer, with my boys.

Went with the missus, didn‘t want to but she’s been through a lot in last couple of years, to see “ABBA Voyage”. The ABBA arena is perfect, literally everyone is close and has a good view. It was a real fun night, some dressed up for the occasion, plenty of joining in. Have your drinks before you get there, take a bottle of water.

Going to see Blur in the summer, with my boys.
One of my colleagues went to the ABBA thing at the weekend too and had only good things to say about it 👍

Saw Hawkwind live at Hawkfest 2021 in Devon, Hawkfest 2022 in Morecambe and at Northern Kin at the end of this April. All fantastic sets.

And some of my photos from Hawkfest 2021 have been used on their live album "We are looking in on you" - with photo credits too!!