Live concerts/gigs | Page 9 | Vital Football

Live concerts/gigs

Mrs N. and I know one of the ex-members of the Suburban Toys quite well and the punk band that I later joined and preceded the one I served in for 20 years were on a support bill with them at the Lincoln Labour Club in the early/mid 90s. The headline act was the UK Subs.

Mrs N. and I know one of the ex-members of the Suburban Toys quite well and the punk band that I later joined and preceded the one I served in for 20 years were on a support bill with them at the Lincoln Labour Club in the early/mid 90s. The headline act was the UK Subs.
Nice one. Well, I promised you the 1980 version of the RP 6th Form Review and here is a copy of the front cover. It took a bit of tracking down in the loft. Not exactly a gig/concert but live entertainment, none the less. I can post the rest if you like.
Also below is a picture that BT did on my school folder. It should give me away. I also have a bit of football related memorabilia that relates to BT and dates back to 1978 if he'd be interested.
20210123_160509 (2).jpg

20210121_191718.jpg

Nice one. Well, I promised you the 1980 version of the RP 6th Form Review and here is a copy of the front cover. It took a bit of tracking down in the loft. Not exactly a gig/concert but live entertainment, none the less. I can post the rest if you like.
Also below is a picture that BT did on my school folder. It should give me away. I also have a bit of football related memorabilia that relates to BT and dates back to 1978 if he'd be interested.
View attachment 45350

View attachment 45351

If by BT you mean me, I really have no memory of that, I certainly doubt I had the ability to pull of that bit of graffiti...

If the football memorabilia is from 1978 and involves me then I probably have the same photo! (I'm guessing of course)

View attachment 45350

View attachment 45351

Ah, that was one of my sister's, wasn't it?

The cancelled one was 81/82 and themed on Star Trek (I'm still a fan!).

If by BT you mean me, I really have no memory of that, I certainly doubt I had the ability to pull of that bit of graffiti...

If the football memorabilia is from 1978 and involves me then I probably have the same photo! (I'm guessing of course)
No, not a photo. Not sure photographs existed then. It's a copy of the RP Under 14 Football 1977/78 report. I found it when I was looking for the 6th Form Review for Knotty. Mr Reeve, the manager of the Team wrote it at the end of the season.

Ah, that was one of my sister's, wasn't it?

The cancelled one was 81/82 and themed on Star Trek (I'm still a fan!).
Yes, she is credited as the Producer and General Dogsbody. The 81/82 Review was a really good one. I was going to play a character in it and was really looking forward to it. We did a rehearsal one lunchtime in front of some of the pupils, if I remember rightly, which went down really well.

Yes, she is credited as the Producer and General Dogsbody. The 81/82 Review was a really good one. I was going to play a character in it and was really looking forward to it. We did a rehearsal one lunchtime in front of some of the pupils, if I remember rightly, which went down really well.

You remember more than me! Ok, which character? It won't help me work out who you are, btw, as my memory is notoriously poor for such things.

I remember having a lot if fun doing it, however, even if it never ended up being performed.

No, not a photo. Not sure photographs existed then. It's a copy of the RP Under 14 Football 1977/78 report. I found it when I was looking for the 6th Form Review for Knotty. Mr Reeve, the manager of the Team wrote it at the end of the season.

I don't believe it can include me then? I didn't play for the school team in that year, that would be 3rd year right? I (apparently) "opted out" of the team when I chose to train with my Sunday league side instead of with the school team after basically being given an ultimatum. I did play in the 2nd and 4th year school teams when they were managed by other teachers, Mr Middleton and the (aforementioned) Mr Brown. I have a photo of the 2nd year team that I found in my Mum's possession when clearing out her house. I'd be interested to see what Mr Reeve put though I guess?

Musical tastes are quite varied tbf. Seen Level 42 quite a number of times both in the UK and in Europe. Simple Minds quite a few times Vorst National Brussels with the Silencers was the standout. Last saw them a few years ago at the O2. Simply Red at the Sporthalle Cologne, with Mick Hucknall reading the Sun in his Man U top sat outside as we got there rather early in the afternoon. Andre Rieu a few times at Wembley Arena normally just before Christmas. And lastly, Taylor Swift @Wembley Stadium, yes I'm a Swifty. not through choice, a case of having to as the kids wouldn't have got in without the ID card holder. Say what you want it was really good, especially when Robbie pops up out the stage...........Angels...............top draw. A good night out with the family can't beat it.

Musical tastes are quite varied tbf. Seen Level 42 quite a number of times both in the UK and in Europe. Simple Minds quite a few times Vorst National Brussels with the Silencers was the standout. Last saw them a few years ago at the O2. Simply Red at the Sporthalle Cologne, with Mick Hucknall reading the Sun in his Man U top sat outside as we got there rather early in the afternoon. Andre Rieu a few times at Wembley Arena normally just before Christmas. And lastly, Taylor Swift @Wembley Stadium, yes I'm a Swifty. not through choice, a case of having to as the kids wouldn't have got in without the ID card holder. Say what you want it was really good, especially when Robbie pops up out the stage...........Angels...............top draw. A good night out with the family can't beat it.

They certainly are varied. I've think you've named just about every band from the 80s I wouldn't listen to! My nightmare 80s line-up would be: Level 42, Simple Minds and UB40. :lol:

They certainly are varied. I've think you've named just about every band from the 80s I wouldn't listen to! My nightmare 80s line-up would be: Level 42, Simple Minds and UB40. :lol:
I really didn't get UB40, they supported by Simply Red would be my nightmare. Throw in some dance music nonsense and I'd be sticking knitting needles in my ears.

You remember more than me! Ok, which character? It won't help me work out who you are, btw, as my memory is notoriously poor for such things.

I remember having a lot if fun doing it, however, even if it never ended up being performed.
I played Shaggy (as in Scooby Doo). Very minor role and definitely type cast, as I was tall and skinny and had long hair in those days (as most people did). My party piece was to use a pair of castanets to simulate the sound of knees knocking together.

I don't believe it can include me then? I didn't play for the school team in that year, that would be 3rd year right? I (apparently) "opted out" of the team when I chose to train with my Sunday league side instead of with the school team after basically being given an ultimatum. I did play in the 2nd and 4th year school teams when they were managed by other teachers, Mr Middleton and the (aforementioned) Mr Brown. I have a photo of the 2nd year team that I found in my Mum's possession when clearing out her house. I'd be interested to see what Mr Reeve put though I guess?
That's right, it was the 3rd year. It was the only year that I played in the School Team, if I remember rightly. I only got to start two games and was an unused sub for the rest. I stuck with it as the reward was an all expenses trip to see Chelsea take on Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, which was a great day out.
According to the Review you played 2 games (doesn't say which). Mr Reeve's write up for you was:
Sincilbanks: (Flower Pot) - Unfortunately all did not turn out sugar and spice. A "great" lad who realised he had had his chips.
I got:
Sigiriya: (Tank) - Sigiriya has only played in 2 games but a good intelligent member of the squad. The skill is there - the strength has still to come. There is absolute bedlum when he and CL get together for talks.
CL was who took over in goal after yourself. Me and CL were the quietest members of the squad, hence the tongue in cheek remark.
20210124_203451.jpg

That's right, it was the 3rd year. It was the only year that I played in the School Team, if I remember rightly. I only got to start two games and was an unused sub for the rest. I stuck with it as the reward was an all expenses trip to see Chelsea take on Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, which was a great day out.
According to the Review you played 2 games (doesn't say which). Mr Reeve's write up for you was:
Sincilbanks: (Flower Pot) - Unfortunately all did not turn out sugar and spice. A "great" lad who realised he had had his chips.
I got:
Sigiriya: (Tank) - Sigiriya has only played in 2 games but a good intelligent member of the squad. The skill is there - the strength has still to come. There is absolute bedlum when he and CL get together for talks.
CL was who took over in goal after yourself. Me and CL were the quietest members of the squad, hence the tongue in cheek remark.
View attachment 45378

I remember Chris, he played in goal in the 4th year when I played left back under Mr Brown. Of course Mr Reeves inherited the team who had won the cup the previous year, I gather Mr Middleton used to gently remind him of that fact occasionally...

I played Shaggy (as in Scooby Doo). Very minor role and definitely type cast, as I was tall and skinny and had long hair in those days (as most people did). My party piece was to use a pair of castanets to simulate the sound of knees knocking together.

Now, I don't even remember Shaggy being in the production!

Therefore, no help with guessing you, but I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and go for MH.

I remember Chris, he played in goal in the 4th year when I played left back under Mr Brown. Of course Mr Reeves inherited the team who had won the cup the previous year, I gather Mr Middleton used to gently remind him of that fact occasionally...

Mr Reeves your greatest fan, I see. ;)

Mr Reeves your greatest fan, I see. ;)

*shrug* when you call playing for a Sunday league side put together by your Dads work colleagues off their own back and paying for the kit themselves "tin pot" and told to stop playing for them, we are going to fall out. I got more coaching as a keeper there than Mr Reeves would ever have given me...