Line of Duty | Vital Football

Line of Duty

Disappointing aint the word. I can believe Bran as the over king of Westeros as a more fulfilling ending than that nonsense.

I'm waiting for the covid excuse. Filming halted due to the bug, Auntie not going firm on a series 7 and the writer(s) coming up with a retconned finale but leaving just enough of a hook in case the beeb go for another year.

I need more ale.

Last edited:
Watched Bloodlands by Mercurio recently. The episodes were superb, but in his efforts to give a twist to the ending, it was just silly at the end. Thought last night was the same, though I guess there might be more to come. Think if I'd been lured to a dark yard to be shot dead, I wouldn't have been quite as forgiving as Kate . And years of being a corrupt police officer gets you into witness protection ??

Watched Bloodlands by Mercurio recently. The episodes were superb, but in his efforts to give a twist to the ending, it was just silly at the end. Thought last night was the same, though I guess there might be more to come. Think if I'd been lured to a dark yard to be shot dead, I wouldn't have been quite as forgiving as Kate . And years of being a corrupt police officer gets you into witness protection ??
Not just witness protection, but an absolutely lovely house in idyllic surroundings by the looks of it.

Dont watch it myself but can see why you chaps are sick of that shit. Probably the most unbelievable ending i ever heard- guy from steps turns out to be master criminal.

I thought the confused coppers bit was more believable.

Tune in to the French cop series Spiral. Completely believable, great characters and you get to improve your language skills with the subtitles.
Brilliant series, once you get your head around the French police / judicial system

Dont watch it myself but can see why you chaps are sick of that shit. Probably the most unbelievable ending i ever heard- guy from steps turns out to be master criminal.

I thought the confused coppers bit was more believable.

Worst joke EVA

Love it

Line of Duty, despite the presence of an order for a Forest sweatshirt on Vicki McClure's phone (something I commented on earlier) was a disappointment. If only "H" had removed his rubbery Brummie face, and said, "I would have got away with it if it had not been for you meddling kids!" That's a tried and trusted ending, hence its inclusion as one of the options in Wayne's World.

And I'm just watching repeats of "Endeavour" on the computer, and enjoying it a second time.

I don't know about Oz but British TV has never been worse. Many of the passable daytime programmes you might watch on a rainy day have been moved to Prime Time. Even worse they are repeats, or you get one in the daytime and one in the evening too. Repair Shop, Garden Rescue etc I suppose are easy to film with social distancing. What little drama there is you can often see they are not allowed anywhere near each other. Never been one for box sets, but we have just worked our way through Boon, which had series 4 to 7 filmed in Nottm , so you can see the City Ground old Trent End, Market Square, University etc too. Made me laugh when the University boat crew lifted their boat out of Highfields after a training session !

I thought Line of Duty thoroughly fell for its own hype and tried to build up a massive reveal where there was no need. I suppose that's dictated by possibly ending the show, but they aren't going to beat seasons 2, 3 and 4 which were all fantastic imo. They should never have introduced the concept of one guy at the top though. That's where they went wrong. It always had to be someone we knew, and it was always going to be rubbish.

Oz TV is poor and I've never been able to get used to it. Much of the UK stuff I get on the computer is poor, like Dr Foster, Faith, and the like, not all of it but a lot. We get this through the ABC, equivalent to the BBC. The best of what's available of the UK shows are really good, that's why I find myself watching some of them twice.
This last few months I'm running short of anything decent to watch and am having to resort to documentaries and wild life, it's decent but not quite the same.
Perhaps I'm getting harder to please in old age.

What the fuck was Lost?

How far back are we going with this one?
😂😂 it was on Sky one about 10/15 years ago. Was about a plane that crashed on a remote island. First series was decent, so they thought they were on to a good thing so stretched to another one. Problem was, they stretched it to six, and it went mental. Then it was all a dream.