Life Outside Wigan | Page 3 | Vital Football

Life Outside Wigan

i getting my kids a team you idiot. They didnt fancy wigan not due to the results, due feeling second rate fans. Plus the atmosphere was dreadful. They now know that having been to other places. They love Everton - full ground, knowledgeable fans who will engage with them and passion. No glory hunting at Everton dickhead
The biggest disservice you can do to any child is passing on the bile you have inside yourself...now you've had your say and made your point now please fuck off and dont come back.

i getting my kids a team you idiot. They didnt fancy wigan not due to the results, due feeling second rate fans. Plus the atmosphere was dreadful. They now know that having been to other places. They love Everton - full ground, knowledgeable fans who will engage with them and passion. No glory hunting at Everton dickhead
:fish::fish::fish:.......

True colours coming out....dickhead / hellhole/ fanny - ur words btw & probably apt for urself.
You come out with all this bile, despite a few on here showing genuine interest in your 'so called' plight of being vilified, called a jcl etc etc - you didn't respond to those posters just resumed the bitter name calling. I really don't get wot your after or wot ur game is cos if we latics supporters are as bad as you say why bother commenting on this forum...hope your having a similar rants on Latics twitter sites 🤔
As for trying to find your lads a club...Good luck with that & I hope they don't grow a similar chip on their shoulders as u have.

Again i will respond to a message;

I am pointing out what ive seen and felt. Denial usually starts with hostility.

Where have i once said i live in Wigan? I live on the Chapelford Estate just outside Warrington.

All that these responses are doing is proving my point entirely.
Honoured to receive a reply.
Thanks for attempting to follow WAFC from outside the club's natural catchment area.

You should try watching them on a phone, during a BA flight over Canada, whilst losing to Burton.
I question my commitment.
You appear to be a half hearted follower of the club.

I wasn't really at SP, no one has ever asked me about where i was 2 decades ago but if someone did say 'where were you at SP' I'd laugh and it certainly wouldnt stop me going. Even if a fellow Latics fan said something far worse and genuinely abusive to me id know it's the individual at fault and not the club. Worst case scenario I'd move seats and avoid them and carry on enjoying my team. If every football fan abandoned their supposed team because they didn't get along with every fellow fan, all the grounds around the country would be empty. If you're so upset at someone questioning how committed a fan you are and you respond by abandoning the club you've literally just proven them correct.

I've asked multiple times for details and they aren't forthcoming. Based on how Mr Smith's has carried himself on here, i suspect it's because he is trying to play up a victim narrative and doesn't want to admit any comments recieved were probably in response to something condescending he said about Latics initially.

He's clearly bitter he got his feeling hurt and this whole thread is just toys coming out of the pram and trying to justify why he's taken his ball and gone home.

Last edited:
I wasn't really at SP, no one has ever asked me about where i was 2 decades ago but if someone did say 'where were you at SP' I'd laugh and it certainly wouldnt stop me going. Even if a fellow Latics fan said something far worse and genuinely abusive to me id know it's the individual at fault and not the club. Worst case scenario I'd move seats and avoid them and carry on enjoying my team. If every football fan abandoned their supposed team because they didn't get along with every fellow fan, all the grounds around the country would be empty. If you're so upset at someone questioning how committed a fan you are and you respond by abandoning the club you've literally just proven them correct.

I've asked multiple times for details and they aren't forthcoming. Based on how Mr Smith's has carried himself on here, i suspect it's because he is trying to play up a victim narrative and doesn't want to admit any comments recieved were probably in response to something condescending he said about Latics initially.

He's clearly bitter he got his feeling hurt and this whole thread is just toys coming out of the pram and trying to justify why he's taken his ball and gone home.
...or, he's just on a wind up.

...or, he's just on a wind up.

I don't think it's pure wind up as if you were going to make up something you'd not say something embarassing like you were crying off for someone saying something as tame as 'where were you at Springfield Park'.

Parenting isn't your strong point is it? Give your children choices, they wouldnt choose Everton over Man City, United and Liverpool if they hadnt been brought up right. We have been to all and this is their CHOICE.

Suggesting i pass on Bile to them is very offensive, they love all your comedy comments on here.

As for your request, you keep replying and I keep responding.

I think you have much much bigger Wigan issues to discuss.
What exactly are you trying to achieve with this debate? You won’t get any sympathy here so what’s the point? Move on and get on with supporting your chosen club.

Ha Ha Ha ........ crying off. Again someone else changing what i put to suit their agenda. Where did i say 'where were you at springfield park'?
quotation marks too!

I was more paraphrasing your overall point, but you literally wrote the words in post 18 of this thread.

You have claimed to be a Latics fan but you also say you have abandoned the club because you seemingly have some hurt feelings. That is quite literally the definition of 'crying off'.

Look at your first post, completely unprompted you are accusing people who you never met of being a problem - you're the one who came on here with a clear agenda - so don't gaslight us.

I'm sure there are plenty of people over the years who for whatever reason didn't want to go to Latics games anymore - fair enough, that's their prerogative. But they just say to themselves 'it's not for me' and walk away. They don't seek out other fans to start an argument like you did here.

It's a bit like if an ex girlfriend moves on and finds a better match, they just go on happily with their life, they don't needlessly seek out their old flame to have an argument and boast about how much better the new one is unless they were still hung up about them but didn't want to admit it. That is what this reeks of.

We get it you're feelings are hurt but you need to grow up a bit - it's the type of thing i'd expect from a 12 year old not someone who's got children of their own.

You've come across so bitter and petty that most find it's hard to believe a so called fans support would be so flimsy that they'd abandon their club so easily - they think you're just a troll. So either your a troll who's been called out or your just your just a soft fan who's thrown their toys out of the pram. Either way it's not a great look.

Last edited:
I'm not from the town. I'm from East Kilbride. Done Latics games for 9 years before I met any locals. Once I met one person I got introduced to another and another. Now I travel down alone but the last 2 years Ive been to many pubs in Wigan and grounds around England and always have a hello and a handshake, shared a pint with people I've got to know. Fantastic set of fans. Last couple of years the people I've met have become friends and kept in touch during summer months as well

The message started to highlight a division with new fans. If you cant/Choose not to take this on board then that's up to you. I was never hurt, the kids felt like they were 2nd class fans. The rest has come from shit responses including questioning my parenting

If its a good look or not, i will respond when questioned.
Bore off

If its a good look or not, i will respond when questioned.

Without getting into the rest of the to and fro, I'm just going to question why you feel compelled to keep on responding to posters. I know you've said that it's to answer their questions, but as you've no real ongoing interest in Latics, I'm not sure there's a real need for you to offer any answers ... indeed, I'm not sure why you'd even bother to look at the forum in the first place.

Your responses will only extend the back and forth insults. I'd leave it if I were you mate ... in fact, back in post 38, you said that you were, but I suppose out of curiosity, you had another peek, saw some of the questions (and insults) toward you, and thought you'd dip your bread again.

Why not try again.
(y)

I met your original post with a typical Latics fans friendly answer. Since then you have kept building up arguments and despite "leaving" keep returning to stir up more than is solved. I just wish. A.
you would now leave this for Latics fans to discuss our team, or B. that this discussion can be removed from the site.