Leyton Orient | Page 3 | Vital Football

Leyton Orient

It's one way to make sure that the Premier**** don't have to mix with the great unwashed of the EFL.

Whilst I am pleased Liverpool are paying for the tests and it is a good thing for our bubble members, let's mention the elephant in the room: This is being done for the benefit of Liverpool FC otherwise they and other PL clubs would be footing the bill for all The EFL sides across the board not just when they are forced to play them in a cup.

It reminds me a bit of that footage where Bush meets the Haitian earthquake survivors and then wipes his hand on Clinton.

I see Hull City turned down the West Ham offer to have testing paid for. I don't know the motivation behind that but it would be interesting to find out the reasoning behind that decision.

I dont think Liverpool really want this game, they dont take the competition seriously and if they find just one positive case amongst our tests you can see them pressing for a postponement and eventually be awarded a by into the next round by the crap EFL. LCFC will be shafted and end up with just fine words which dont pay the bills. Just hope my fears are groundless but the next 36 hours could be a bit tense !! When we should be looking forward to a great historic Thursday evening for all LCFC supporters, all I want now is Thursday to be over with £150,000 in the bank.

After all this worry about the fixture not going ahead in case a City player is tested positive, wouldn't it be ironic if a Liverpool player ended up with a positive test, after all Liverpool is far worse hit as an area than Lincoln. Liverpool's website has them listed with a 1st team squad of 34 plus 22 1st team staff, 44 academy players and 40 academy staff surely they are a far bigger risk to us than us them.

I see Hull City turned down the West Ham offer to have testing paid for. I don't know the motivation behind that but it would be interesting to find out the reasoning behind that decision.
Presumably because they could lose 'x' amount of player(s) for league games otherwise.

Look at Orient - accepted testing, game postponed and probably going to lose £125k TV money plus sponsorships etc.

Presumably because they could lose 'x' amount of player(s) for league games otherwise.

Look at Orient - accepted testing, game postponed and probably going to lose £125k TV money plus sponsorships etc.
Those were my thoughts but I didn't want to say it explicitly as I haven't seen an explanation.

i wonder how orient will manage their league game this weekend. same number of players will be unavailable.

But to be fair they have got Covid. Sounds like happy to spread the virus to get more money

But to be fair they have got Covid. Sounds like happy to spread the virus to get more money
I know, I was referring as to why Hull rejected West Ham's offer of testing. McCann basically admitted that they rejected it because of causing potential problems.

Orient's game at Walsall this Saturday is off. BBC reporting as suspended and EFL investigating the circumstances. Wonder if they'll award a win to the Saddlers to try and ease fixture congestion and set a precedent?