Leyton Orient | Vital Football

Leyton Orient

impsimps

Vital Football Hero
Several of their players tested positive casting doubt whether their Cup game with Spurs on Tuesday will happen. If they cannot field a side the game may be awarded to Spurs, just fingers crossed all our tests are negative !!

Very quick decision there on what to do, when you consider the time it has taken to deal with Bolton not being able to play a game

With that news from Orient, It looks likely that fans being allowed back into games, even at limited numbers could well be put back again. One of the other concerns for us in the lower leagues (along with hoping people can remain safe) is just how long clubs can keep going without paying spectators coming in? I hope it won’t come to this season having to have a break from playing fixtures, other even worse, the season being curtailed completely if things get really bad again.

With that news from Orient, It looks likely that fans being allowed back into games, even at limited numbers could well be put back again. One of the other concerns for us in the lower leagues (along with hoping people can remain safe) is just how long clubs can keep going without paying spectators coming in? I hope it won’t come to this season having to have a break from playing fixtures, other even worse, the season being curtailed completely if things get really bad again.
Perhaps if ifollow viewing figures were published it might encourage more people to pay to view.

With Premier League sides asking for some lower league sides to be tested, how often are they tested ? Coming from the North West you would think they will more likely have more chance of testing positive than Lincoln City.

Very quick decision there on what to do, when you consider the time it has taken to deal with Bolton not being able to play a game
Know what you're saying, but this was clearly communicated to clubs for cup competitions, especially with Caraboa and early FA Cup rounds being held weekly.

With Premier League sides asking for some lower league sides to be tested, how often are they tested ? Coming from the North West you would think they will more likely have more chance of testing positive than Lincoln City.
I think Premier League clubs are tested a couple of times a week.

They did, I read a rough quote that it’s between £100-200 per player for the test so you are looking at thousands for a squad.
Remember you can't just test the squad you need to test all the staff that are on the squad bubble, that includes all coaches, the manager, the bus driver, the kit man, physio's, sports science guys ground staff any security, catering staff that come into contact with the players. Our playing squad is supported by 10"s more people each at £150 ish a test twice a week.

I know its non league but Merthyr Town in Wales have had their season "mothballed ". Merthyr are in a local Lockdown No one in or out

I know its non league but Merthyr Town in Wales have had their season "mothballed ". Merthyr are in a local Lockdown No one in or out

Yes, apparently it's been allowed by the Southern League and they will be allowed to take their place up again next season (all being well!). One club, Blackfield & Langley, had already voluntarily dropped out the league during the summer so it doesn't mean an odd number of clubs in the division.

This action by the club came before today's lockdown (which was anticipated) as Welsh Government rules meant that unlike other clubs at the same level (eg Grantham) they wouldn't be allowed to have spectators in the ground and the loss of income from playing behind closed doors for an indefinite period couldn't be sustained.

Apart from the player-manager none of the players were under contract so they've been allowed to find other clubs.

Its all about Leyton Orient and their positive tests so far, just fearing the name Lincoln City to come up on the news. The sooner we get past Thursday with £150,000 in the bank the better. Does seems odd that Orient have approx ten positives when Spurs about five miles away, it appears, have nil. Maybe its where they live.