Leyton Orient Game to be played again | Page 2 | Vital Football

Leyton Orient Game to be played again

Its a real sensitive subject and whatever the decision people from all sides were going to be unhappy.
I saw a tweet from the impacted family today, talking about the pain of the game being replayed and lots of LO fans outraged by the decision having a go at the EFL.
I'm sure whilst they (EFL) are very aware of the optics on this they are governed by their own rules and precedence. The game probably had another 15 mins to play and simply can not just be awarded. Maybe Lincoln could have conceded the game but that doesn't feel fair to us either. Maybe we could have agreed a draw with the 1-0 score line.
The fact is the game is to be replayed and I'm sure all at the rearranged game will provide a very fitting and emotional tribute to Derek and his family.

I think you are very generous, you have to remember the result will effect other teams in this League and not just these two, and could have a bearing on play offs or relegation for other sides as well. The tragic circumstances of the man dying have to be separated from the football side in my opinion.
I totally agree that this result will potentially impact all clubs in the league, but that's the same for every game I suppose. I watched this game on iFollow and when there was an initial issue in the crowd I jokingly (and now regretfully) said to my partner that they should cancel the game and have a rematch, as at that point I thought we could maybe sneak a draw, but honestly thought we'd end up losing it. Then, as the tragic events unfolded, the result wasn't important at all.

But life goes on and as the game is to be replayed, we are in a much better position now in a football sense than we were when the game was stopped. That will be the same by giving them a goal too, as we'll have 90 mins to overturn the deficit rather than 8 or so.

I think I read it’s a bit like an FA Cup replay where you can’t play anyone not signed on the date of the original match. So we have to get MK back for this one