Levy; Criminal Zero or Deadline Hero? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Levy; Criminal Zero or Deadline Hero?

How many players will we sign before the deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poch should take as much blame as Levy.

Of course he should, he will be fully aware of the state of each and very negotiation. He'll be getting Whatsapp updates/messages regularly as well as talking to the whole acquisition team as necessary.

Snap decisions have to be made in every negotiation; to continue to try, to give up/break off, to give in and walk away, to pay more - to move to player A, B. C and back again and so on and so forth. I've seen agents fall to pieces as deals that they think are nearly over the libe fall to pieces.

Grealish is a prime example; I'm told he wants to leave, his personal terms are as far as the arcane rules are allowed 'agreed' - the agent(s) acting for all believes one minute agreements close, only for the goal posts to move - Villa want more upfront as that gives them ability to be more active in the transfer market, now that they can be..etc etc Bruce piles the pressure on by going public and so the whole shit show starts again...

It's why many clubs don't do it this way and actually entrust everything to a DoF or some such approach., and this way managers/coaches are only told when they have a player or are selling a player and have to get on with it regardless.

Pretty much that's how most of the top clubs in Europe operate. Even ManC, Le arse, the chav's and to a slightly lessor degree the bin dippers and manure operate.

We've had the gap in our hierarchy for years and have choosen to be different after trying the DoF for years and the jury finally decided it wasn't working for us - most obviously after the 'magnificent 7 debacle'..

Levy and the board have their hands full, but somehow they have to break the logjam - which is the same as Jose and Pep are telling their boards...

Who says he's 'pissed?'.
If you are fully confident in your squad ,and the youngsters you can bring through , I don't see a problem with that . Did anyone really expect Sanchez to hit the ground running in the way he did. .........
You commented to me a long while ago that the Marquee signings for us were a thing of the past . You were right then and I don't see what has changed now .

I did. I saw him at Ajax a few times and he was brilliant in the Europa final against United.

You just knew he had it.

It always has a better start in the season Leicester and Chelsea won the league and we would have been champions.

To watch us repeat the same mistakes over and over again is frustrating

That's what gets me, it's hard to see our habitual behaviour as either stupid or an act of monumental self harm. You would think even if you were thick you'd try it the "other" way just once as a mere act of speculation. It does not say much for the board manager or owners brains.

I did. I saw him at Ajax a few times and he was brilliant in the Europa final against United.

You just knew he had it.
Lots of players " have it " ......... Not many bring it to the premier league in their first season . With Toby's injury we would have been cattle trucked had he needed time to " settle "

Lots of players " have it " ......... Not many bring it to the premier league in their first season . With Toby's injury we would have been cattle trucked had he needed time to " settle "

Quite a few fans were giving him stick last season. He wasn't perfect by any means but we have a strong spine, that will help players adapt quicker.

Having allowed Poch,s " brave " comments to be aired prior to the window opening , wouldn't it be prudent for Daniel Levy to explain what exactly has or hasn't been going on in the transfer market . All we get is "we are trying " . And that doesn't come from him. Fuck me ,Harpo Marx had more to say than our Daniel.
Anyone else think that isn't good enough . They don't even have to name names .
Steve Bruce has said more about our transfer non- business than anyone else . At least we know we HAVE put a bid in for Grealish , somebody I wouldn't have taken a blind bit of notice of before ,but now seems to be our only hope of " improving " our squad . Ha 'kin Ha
Wattalottabollox

Having allowed Poch,s " brave " comments to be aired prior to the window opening , wouldn't it be prudent for Daniel Levy to explain what exactly has or hasn't been going on in the transfer market . All we get is "we are trying " . And that doesn't come from him. Fuck me ,Harpo Marx had more to say than our Daniel.
Anyone else think that isn't good enough . They don't even have to name names .
Steve Bruce has said more about our transfer non- business than anyone else . At least we know we HAVE put a bid in for Grealish , somebody I wouldn't have taken a blind bit of notice of before ,but now seems to be our only hope of " improving " our squad . Ha 'kin Ha
Wattalottabollox

We actually haven't put a 'bid' in.

We've got one agent trying to get all parties to agree; if one of the parties first couldn't, then wouldn't give a proper answer you cannot conclude a deal.

'Bids' these days only really happen when your approach is premeditated and the club/agent/player isn't fully aware of your interest level/intentions.

Most deals these days are agreed by mutual discussions, during which a price will be agreed and the personal terms agreed (more often than not, that comes first now - despite this not being how the rules state a player /his advisors should be approached).

So, you think you have a deal structure - then some fcukwit decides he wants more/more upfront, and you start all over again.

We actually haven't put a 'bid' in.

We've got one agent trying to get all parties to agree; if one of the parties first couldn't, then wouldn't give a proper answer you cannot conclude a deal.

'Bids' these days only really happen when your approach is premeditated and the club/agent/player isn't fully aware of your interest level/intentions.

Most deals these days are agreed by mutual discussions, during which a price will be agreed and the personal terms agreed (more often than not, that comes first now - despite this not being how the rules state a player /his advisors should be approached).

So, you think you have a deal structure - then some fcukwit decides he wants more/more upfront, and you start all over again.

I bet I can guess who likes to move the goal posts.

If only our owners are as steady as those Americans of Liverfools. I have to say that they look the most exciting and balanced looking team apart from Citeh. As for us, we are dithering, no selling, no buying. Did anyone tell Levy that the deadline is earlier this year or is he using the same alert as of last year, haha. Anyway, despite all the bullshit about the stadium won't affect our spending, I think we are doing an Arse for the 5 to 6 years after moving stadium. Basically, no money baby. Bcoz Levy would have to be aware of the instalments and interest payments.

If only our owners are as steady as those Americans of Liverfools. I have to say that they look the most exciting and balanced looking team apart from Citeh. As for us, we are dithering, no selling, no buying. Did anyone tell Levy that the deadline is earlier this year or is he using the same alert as of last year, haha. Anyway, despite all the bullshit about the stadium won't affect our spending, I think we are doing an Arse for the 5 to 6 years after moving stadium. Basically, no money baby. Bcoz Levy would have to be aware of the instalments and interest payments.

I suggested the stadium may have an effect but they ain't gonna admit it. Also zero spend in the window ain't gonna be shouted from the roof tops either. Just treat the peasants like mushrooms.

I suggested the stadium may have an effect but they ain't gonna admit it. Also zero spend in the window ain't gonna be shouted from the roof tops either. Just treat the peasants like mushrooms.
Oh well, it's Spurs after all, kinda used to these Levy bullshit. Hope not another Sissoko panic just to show that he spends. In any case, looks like Toby is gone. Why we can't offer another 50k a week beats me. Just 2m to 3m a year. Instead we have to spend 30 to 40m to punt on a new guy and suffer a 2 to 3 years adjustment time. Oh well, life as a Spurs fan.